Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

I'm sorry but it pales in comparison to The OC. GG doesn't seem to have had any good story lines this season. The whole Blair/Chuck thing has gone way past it's sell by date, Blair/Nate suddenly back together (WTF) and Dan and Serena breaking up and getting back together about a million times. Jenny being a rebel for like an episode then running back to dad and what has Dan done all season? other than shacking up with the teacher. Vanessa just seems to be there to try out different thrift store looks. I'd rather look at SoCal over NYC anyday :heh:

It has entertaining storylines however. Unfortunatly Blair/Chuck have become, what I like to call, LoVeanised (as in VM when they random hooked two people up with no intention and then the rabbid fangirls loved it and caused problems). Although I understand where Blair/Nate is coming from. Finishing a 'chapter in your life' can leave you feeling nostalgic. I know finishing uni I'm starting to think about someone I was kinda seeing three years ago again. Its a sense of comfort in a time of change. I always found The OC and its characters so horribly repulsive :heh:

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has entertaining storylines however. Unfortunatly Blair/Chuck have become, what I like to call, LoVeanised (as in VM when they random hooked two people up with no intention and then the rabbid fangirls loved it and caused problems). Although I understand where Blair/Nate is coming from. Finishing a 'chapter in your life' can leave you feeling nostalgic. I know finishing uni I'm starting to think about someone I was kinda seeing three years ago again. Its a sense of comfort in a time of change. I always found The OC and its characters so horribly repulsive :heh:

I think Blair/Chuck would make a good couple as she is basically him with boobs and vice versa, it's just the way they've gone about it. I guess that's the problem with teen drama's, they're portrayal of relationships aren't the most accurate :heh:

I think I watched a total of 1 episode of The O.C. (Probably two halves of different episodes)

I'm just not interested in "teen dramas" really. Never liked Skins, but have actually tried that out. There's enough entertaining bitching on the internet anyway. :p

I think I watched a total of 1 episode of The O.C. (Probably two halves of different episodes)

I'm just not interested in "teen dramas" really. Never liked Skins, but have actually tried that out. There's enough entertaining bitching on the internet anyway. :p

See I can't stand Skins either (nor the OC but im sure I've made that point a few times now...). Maybe because its meant to be based on some form of over-fantasied reality I'm supposed to be able to relate to (as I was some years back a Brit teen) but just can't. But I think GG is so far removed from my own personal reality that I can enjoy it in a purely spectator like role.

Coupled with my love of NYC and Kristen Bell's voice.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles

I found the last part to be rather confusing. Another faction of terminators (the liquid ones)? Cameron giving John Henry her chip but still somehow alive in there with John Henry? Young John Connor in a future war that doesn't know him? A terminator saving John without re-programming? John leaving his mum?

It needs more episodes to explain it all.

Still, it was awesome.

Shameless : Series 6 finale

I've watched the show since it began, Idk there's just something about the depravity of it all that I find interesting / amusing :heh: but it has its share of more heartfelt moments too, this episode for instance had plenty and a pretty sad ending. :sad:

9/10

Hopefully it'll return for a seventh series as there is still a good deal of material they could cover I guess but as much as I enjoy watching it I also hope they have the sense to know when to stop, the show is still good but maybe not quite as good as the first few series Idk, I may be nitpicking... anyway overall series 6 was pretty enjoyable. :)

Gossip Girl was awesome this week! Loved every minute. The whole Penny con has really caused everything to go tits up, and Georgina was brilliant. I think Lily is a bit stupid though, she bugged me in this episode, especially doing what she did at the end. So, so stupid. I dont know how she thinks that was a good idea, as if Serena will understand. And she's lost Rufus as a result. Silly, silly, cow.

Btw, Ash, i never knew GG was Kristen Bell. Doesn't sound like her to me =/ Then again, i've only seen her in Heroes and Forgetting Sarah Marshall. That's her right?

Gossip Girl was awesome this week! Loved every minute. The whole Penny con has really caused everything to go tits up, and Georgina was brilliant. I think Lily is a bit stupid though, she bugged me in this episode, especially doing what she did at the end. So, so stupid. I dont know how she thinks that was a good idea, as if Serena will understand. And she's lost Rufus as a result. Silly, silly, cow.

Btw, Ash, i never knew GG was Kristen Bell. Doesn't sound like her to me =/ Then again, i've only seen her in Heroes and Forgetting Sarah Marshall. That's her right?

Yup thats her.

Kristen-bell-gossip-girl-set.jpg

Best on the set photo I could find. Haggis will love it though, Westwick is stuffing something phallic in his mouth.

Looking a bit rough there!

I was going to say whether its a possibility GG will appear in an episode seeing as Kristen Bell is more than capable of acting the part, but its just occured to me actually that the show has sort have lost touch of its origins. Gossip Girl is never used anymore is it? I mean, they never refer to it or use it how they used to. I guess the site could still be posting the gossip about these people, but it doesn't feel that way anymore, just a narration.

Plus i guess they will never want to 'reveal' the identiy of GG, i just think it would make for good TV, all the bitching she has caused in the past and such.

Well the blog is still in use and presumably the narration is a GG update. And I'm sure they mentioned sending stuff to GG recently. I know they used GG for Jenny's party and I think its been mentioned since. In fact, it would have been interesting to have Poppy finding out info on Serena through GG. The last episode apparently uses GG in a big way so we'll see.

And yeah, not the best picture but I'd imagine it was more of a "hey I have a day off and in NYC lets go see what the kids are up to" kind of thing. But if you do want to see her looking hot and being a goof (and mildly GG related):

Aaaanyway I've rabbled on enough ^_^

Mad Men season 2 finale.

superb. such a strong series. I can't really talk about it spoiler free so I'll stick to saying the finale was a blindingly powerful thematic centre point to the whole series, masterfully set against the fear, anxiety and eroticism of the Cuban missile crisis.

suit up/ 10

Watched the lastest episode of House - S5E23.....awesome episode.....I love House too much!...and go Cuddy! Love you too! haha
yeah house has been top-notch again for the last three or four episodes since, y'know, Kutner...

One episode left! Should be a good one.

yeah house has been top-notch again for the last three or four episodes since, y'know, Kutner...

One episode left! Should be a good one.

Yep should be good....can't wait....so happy that they are finally together!!!!!!!! Wonder how everyone else will take it.:grin:

Scrubs - The Last Two Episodes

Ever? Who knows.

The show has always been about how life goes on so it was fitting to see J.D. leave but there not big a big hoohah about it. J.D.'s final fantasy about the future was well done and while presumably speculative I'd imagine we're supposed to see it as the future.

Nice wrap up for many of the characters, kind of a shame to see it all go. The exchange between Carla and J.D. was really sweet.

Plus I've enjoyed the more grown up JD and Elliot, its really worked well this season.

I probably should have more to say but yeah...

Scrubs - The Last Two Episodes

Ever? Who knows.

The show has always been about how life goes on so it was fitting to see J.D. leave but there not big a big hoohah about it. J.D.'s final fantasy about the future was well done and while presumably speculative I'd imagine we're supposed to see it as the future.

Nice wrap up for many of the characters, kind of a shame to see it all go. The exchange between Carla and J.D. was really sweet.

Plus I've enjoyed the more grown up JD and Elliot, its really worked well this season.

I probably should have more to say but yeah...

I can't find the last episode! Dammit!

Anyways also watched One Tree Hill S6E22. Good episode, very emotional though. Lots of crying lol....not by me obviously!

BSG Series 4 Episode 1

Oh hai. Loads of bits I clapped my hands to. Not really sure what on earth they're doing with gaius, except the whole messiah thing. Hmm.

Come on Starbuck. She's good.

Question; I can't remember, what's the state of the Boomers? Is one on board, living with karl and Hera? Where's the other one? generally having a cylon laugh? no spoilerz pls.

It's over

:(

I agree with whoever complimented the grown up JD/Elliot relationship, it's worked well. Especially liked the secret moving in part. The long walk down the corridor at the end was cool, with all those familiar faces.

Hooch is crazy!

BSG Series 4 Episode 1

Oh hai. Loads of bits I clapped my hands to. Not really sure what on earth they're doing with gaius, except the whole messiah thing. Hmm.

Come on Starbuck. She's good.

Question; I can't remember, what's the state of the Boomers? Is one on board, living with karl and Hera? Where's the other one? generally having a cylon laugh? no spoilerz pls.

yeah this slipped my mind by 4 too.

is the one on BSG. She was with Helo on Caprica and joined the crew once they both came home.

obv shoots Adama- for which she spends most of season two in the brig. While being moved around, she's assassinated by Chief Tyrol's woman. Since then she resurrected and has been with the Cylon fleet since, working with Cavil.

yeah this slipped my mind by 4 too.

is the one on BSG. She was with Helo on Caprica and joined the crew once they both came home.

obv shoots Adama- for which she spends most of season two in the brig. While being moved around, she's assassinated by Chief Tyrol's woman. Since then she resurrected and has been with the Cylon fleet since, working with Cavil.

Yay thanks. There's too many of her runnign around!

Just watched the latest episode of The Apprentice on BBC iPlayer. Awesome episode. A bit of a rubbish task but the drama between contestants was awesome. Totally agree with Sir Alan and who he fired this week. I was about the only one who hated the geeza within my friends/family circle!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!