Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

OC Season 1

I finally caved in and bought the first season boxset and have to confess that I enjoyed it immensely. Ryan seemed initially too angsty and Seth too annoying but I warmed to them. The Oliver stuff got annoying, Anna was a great character, and the Hallelujah worked very well in the closing scene.

8 / 10

Teen angst, my guilty pleasure. I loved the OC, a good spectrum of characters and story lines, great humour and a wonderful soundtrack. Season 1 of the OC is brilliant and IMO season 2 is equally as good (though many disagree), season 3 it all gets a bit samey ,but picks up near the end and season 4 the show gets good again and ends fantastically.

I'm glad it ended before it outstayed it's welcome.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being Erica

Canadian drama about a 32 year old woman whose given the opportunity to go back in time and redo all her biggest mistakes. Okay...may watch more in the future. Featured Tegan and Sara quite a bit.

30 Rock - Senor Macho Solo

More wackiness, but with a touch of sentimentality. I love how Liz is always so despearte to ensure nobody thinks she's politically incorrect and gets herself into these awkward situations. Plus there was an amusing shot which is basically "these are Selma Hayek's breasts. Aren't they nice?"

"I tend to find authoratitive rapid Spanish scares white people."

"Look at our biological clocks! You're going baby crazy and I keep getting turned on by car accidents."

"No its not you're. I'm the messed up one not you!"

"How am I messed up?"

"No that came out wrong!"

"You came out wrong."

"They do that a lot in movies. An Affair to Remember, Sleepless in Seattle and that remake of An Affair to Remember I was in; A Blafair to Remeblack."

"Once again I apologise that our regular warm up comic ODed at a gay man's appartment this morning."

Continuing my David Lynch discovery/love;

Twin Peaks Season 1: Pilot and Episodes 1 + 2

Unbelievably lovely. I can see why this is relatively famous today...it must have been pretty strange back then.

Awesome though. Kyle Maclachlan is very funny in parts.

30 Rock - Senor Macho Solo

More wackiness, but with a touch of sentimentality. I love how Liz is always so despearte to ensure nobody thinks she's politically incorrect and gets herself into these awkward situations. Plus there was an amusing shot which is basically "these are Selma Hayek's breasts. Aren't they nice?"

"I tend to find authoratitive rapid Spanish scares white people."

"Look at our biological clocks! You're going baby crazy and I keep getting turned on by car accidents."

"No its not you're. I'm the messed up one not you!"

"How am I messed up?"

"No that came out wrong!"

"You came out wrong."

"They do that a lot in movies. An Affair to Remember, Sleepless in Seattle and that remake of An Affair to Remember I was in; A Blafair to Remeblack."

"Once again I apologise that our regular warm up comic ODed at a gay man's appartment this morning."

I finally managed to watch some episodes on Channel 5. I loved it so funking much! One of my new favourite shows. I need a boxset of season one, right now. I forget her name, but when the blonde women said she supported Osama, instead of Obama. I laughed rather hard.

Jenna Mahoney (Jane Krakowski). She is awesomely self involved. The quote about being turned on by car crashes is a perfect example. She has nothing relevent to say about biological clocks so she tries to twist it round so its still about her. Plus she can sing quite well.

Whos the guy who looks like the guy in Drake and Josh....in Mariah Careys video? Hes awesome.

But yeah I saw a tiny bit of one episode and thought it was awesome, so stopped watching with the intention of buying the doovde. Is it out?

Also need to buy Summer Heights High, which is out of stock at Play. Hmmm.

Need to know when Dexter S3 starts on FX too.

Also need to buy Summer Heights High, which is out of stock at Play. Hmmm.

It's amazing. Best thing I've seen on TV in years.

It's not a comedy, it's just hilariously funny. It feels real, it's not like "Oh, that was the joke of this bit!", like most comedies. The writing and characterisation is wonderfully true as well. (Not just of the 3 characters he plays)

It's emotionally engaging too.

Chris Lilley is absolutely fantastic. Shame most punters know David Walliams and Matt Lucas as the comic heights the world has to offer.

Best of TV Burp 2

Hilarious pretty much throughout. One with Ray Mears had me in stiches again, he eats some berries and then casually says to spit out the seeds cos they contain cyanide, and the way harry does it...perfect. Loads of others I can't remember too.

9/10

Haha. Yeah.

Dude do you actually like The Office? You should consider watching it. Both UK and US.

Also you should start Dexter, you'd probably like it, due to it being fucking awesome.

I've never seen The Office. My mum said it was good, and she loved Summer Heights High too.

Dexter I'm more interested in, but have never seen.

Twin Peaks Season 1 Episodes 3, 4 + 5

I just love so much. I never though David Lynch would translate to TV form. Obviously it's not as sprawling as his full-length films, and more grounded in reality, but yeah.

I was banging my face against my desk at the end of 5. Too many double-crossings for me, and I love how secretly everyone is a really good spy and sabouteur in their spare time.

10/10

Best of TV Burp 2

Hilarious pretty much throughout. One with Ray Mears had me in stiches again, he eats some berries and then casually says to spit out the seeds cos they contain cyanide, and the way harry does it...perfect. Loads of others I can't remember too.

9/10

Agreed, it was brilliant. My favourite was Steve McDonald in Coronation Street when he pulls that funny face and they turned his tongue into a frog's eating a fly.

Death Note: Episode 1 Season 1

My mate told me that Death Note was the best anime he's ever watched so I thought I'd watch it. I liked it and I liked how it got straight to the point, I hope the other episodes get better and better

8/10

Final few episodes of Twin Peaks Season 1

I actually shouted "Fanny cunt!" 5 times in the last 2. A bit too many double-crossings and surprises.

Audrey is so awesome, as a spy. Literally finding it easy, but harder when she finally knew how.

Ok, so I need a new TV series (or two) to watch.

I've watched carnivale, the wire, supernatural, smallville, six feet under, prison break, veronica mars, lost, 4 seasons of sopranos (maybe I should finish that off?), weeds, 4400, heroes and battlestar galactica. I was thinking about starting on 24 but besides that I don't know what else to get.

I like my dramas more than my comedies, and as you can see I don't mind the genre so long as it is gooooood! Any suggestions?

I've watched carnivale, the wire, supernatural, smallville, six feet under, prison break, veronica mars, lost, 4 seasons of sopranos (maybe I should finish that off?), weeds, 4400, heroes and battlestar galactica. I was thinking about starting on 24 but besides that I don't know what else to get.

I like my dramas more than my comedies, and as you can see I don't mind the genre so long as it is gooooood! Any suggestions?

24 definitely, god its awesome. Dexter. You don't watch Dexter? That is absolutely amazing.

Although you said you don't like comedies as much as drama, I would recommend The Office (American)

I was thinking of getting into Gossip Girl, but is it really girly? I can't stand things like the OC for instance, but i love Desperate Housewives so i dont know. I was half-tempted to watch Terminator:TSCC as well. I dont have much spare time though sadly.

Friday Night Lights. Also Jericho is pretty awesome.

The West Wing? (The first four seasons are TV gold.)

I was thinking of getting into Gossip Girl, but is it really girly? I can't stand things like the OC for instance, but i love Desperate Housewives so i dont know. I was half-tempted to watch Terminator:TSCC as well. I dont have much spare time though sadly.

I wouldn't say its too girly. You watch DH don't you? I'd say its no more girly than that, just the girly comes into different areas. Plus Chuck Bass is a huge misogynist (yet oddly lovable) so he balances things;

Chuck: I love it when you talk dirty.

Serena: You just love it when a girl talks to you.

Chuck: Actually I prefer it when they're not talking.

Chuck: Heard about the field hockey throwdown. All those mouth guards and short skirts. I hope somebody filmed it.

Blair: You're heinous.

Chuck: Which is probably why you called.

Blair: You know me well.

Chuck: Women like to pretend they're complicated. I know better.

Chuck: I'll try to be more succinct. You held a certain fascination when you were beautiful, delicate and untouched. But now you're like one of the Arabians my father used to own. Rode hard and put away wet. I don't want you anymore. And I can't see why anyone else would.

Jay. Personally I would reccomend Dexter. To me 24 was so overly trying to be macho it seemed almost parodic. But then im not really into the action genre...

Or of course Big Love.

It doesn't really get more girly than DH, so Gossip Girl won't hamper your 'cred. Dexter didn't really do anything for me. I got the DVD but only watched the first few episodes. Dexter aside, I didn't like any of the other characters, just didn't have any pull for me.

DO IT NOW!

Seriously. I'm watching season two now and it just gets better. It's not massively girly at all, the name just suggests so. Like Ashley said, it's no more "womenly" that housewives. Please, watch it. Season 2 starts on ITV2 on the 21st of Jan.

I've watched the first season of Jericho and a few of the 2nd 'season' - a mate's got them on DVD and we're gonna watch them from teh start. Pretty much gottenteh same distance through Dexter too - about 3 eps into season 2, maybe a few more, so yeah I could pick that up.

West Wing is a worthy investment perhaps; I'll try a season of it and see how it tastes. Twin Peaks I'll definitely do!

Gossip Girl - Gone With The Will

YES. YES. YES. YES.

I missed the first episode back after the hiatus, because I can't find anywhere to watch it, so I'll have to wait until ITV2. I don't care though because I finally got my fix of over the top drama, massive amounts of bitchyness and some tasty storylines.

Lets see, in this episode someone almost dies, a shock new character is "revealed" and Gossip Girls equivalent of Ross and Rachel get back together again. Oh, and the Bitch Hiararchy is finanally toppled...for a few minutes that is.

Will Youngs "Grace" would be such a good song to sum up the "three bitches". God, I love them.

And where did you see that one....the new episode doesn't air until for a few hours in America....

Frasier - Random Episodes

Funtimes and witty banter. I still think they should do a 'The Moons' spin-off set in late 60s/early 70s Manchester with the clan of Moons who are all wacky and wonderful. Some of Daphne's wacky tangents ramblings are epic.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!