N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

Two and a Half Men (various episodes from Season 5)

I've got to admit, i can't put a finger on what makes this show so so good. Is it the relationship between Alan and Charlie Harper or is it something more??.

One of the episodes i was watching yesterday was called "Kinda Like Necrophilia". Alan wanted to know why he was dumped back in High School, so calls her 20 years later only to find the reason, which was to "Ask Charlie!!!". Alan attempts to get Charlie back by stealing his girlfriend, only to discover Charlie was trying to get rid of her, which doesn't go well with Alan. End of the episode has Alan finding out Charlies next girl, which happens to be the girl who dumped Alan 20 years earlier.

Another one i watched was called "Meander To Your Dander". Alan thinks his relationship with his girl isn't working out, so he asks Charlie for advice on chucking her without hurting her feelings. Meanwhile, Jake wishes for another girlfriend and asks Charlie for advice as well, which turns out to be good advice. Charlie and Jake go out for coffee. When Charlie attempts to hit on a woman in order to help Jake score with her daughter, it turns out bad for Charlie but good for Jake. Meanwhile, Alan isn't having luck ending his relationship so comes clean his way, only to ruin what could have been the best night ever.

I can't give this season a rating below 9, because it is in my opinion, the best season yet.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skins

Never watched a whole one *properly*, but I was filled in. My arty/eccentric/generall yof discerning taste friend loves this and it suprised me (the fact he loved it).

It was decidedly uninteresting. I SHANT be watching more episodes.

Skins

Never watched a whole one *properly*, but I was filled in. My arty/eccentric/generall yof discerning taste friend loves this and it suprised me (the fact he loved it).

It was decidedly uninteresting. I SHANT be watching more episodes.

The thing is that by Skins standards that was actually really good

Community - Romantic Expression

SO MUCH WIN! :grin:

The whole episode had me laughing out loud inappropriately to the point that I had tears running down my face and I started coughing! The jokes came thick and fast and it felt like The Simpsons when it was at its highest. :D

I've now watched it twice, best episode so far!

The worst part was that all the hilarity was over in 20 minutes. :(

Smallville: Absolute Justice

Maybe slightly a letdown because of all the hype but still an awesome episode. Great seeing all the characters and nods to others. Shame the final fight was a bit crappy though.

I thought it was brilliant, for a Smallville episode. It probably helped that I avoided the trailer and all spoilers vigilantly, so there wasn't too much hype in my case :heh:

Caprica 1/2

I was really sceptical about this and for me it started off shaky, but by the end of episode 2, I was genuinely excited. I love seeing all the seeds developing. Enthralling characters too.

Can this numb the pain of losing BSG? We'll see.

Chemistry: A Volatile History

Considering my chemistry A level, I should remember a fair amount of the subject matter, but it's depressing how quickly you lose things. I've found these programmes both fascinating and accessible. I love that the presenter is a quantam physicist talking about chemistry.

I enjoyed his ''All the carbon on earth comes from stars, so effectively we're all made of stardust''.

(Well done Moby, on that one)

The September Issue

Documentary about Anna Wintour, head of Vogue and the woman who The Devil Wears Prada was based on. It was quite cringeworthy alot of the time, but also captivating watching the beast in action. For anyone who's seen it, I loved Grace, the wild lion haired ''genius''.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!