Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they'll come in search of Nero's ship.

Technically, there's already a Borg distress call heading towards Borg space (as per the Enterprise episode with the Borg), but that'll take so long to get there that it's only impact is causing some of the Borg stuff in TNG.

Was Q in Voyager?!

He wanted to mate with Janeway, but she turned him down.

Remember that amazingly weird episode when Janeway and Paris are testing a shuttle that goes faster than Warp 10 and they speed up their evolution and turn into newts or something and mate?

I had to login to reply to this. YES I remember and don't they have newt offspring? Also reminds me of the one where Paris evolves into this weird creature, dies, comes back to life ala Buffy and the Doc cures him.

Ok now I'm going to bed.

Seven of Nine, talk about Borg Perfection.

Remember that amazingly weird episode when Janeway and Paris are testing a shuttle that goes faster than Warp 10 and they speed up their evolution and turn into newts or something and mate?

I remember that! They were using the Delta Flyer non?

Voyager = Best Star Trek.

Was Q in Voyager?!

His kid was in it too. Played by de Lancie's son.

Slightly weird, as I was watching a few episodes of Voyager a few days ago. I was searching my collection [Yeah... I have them all, bite me.] for a certain episode. Renaissance Man t'was called. The Doctor pretends to be Janeway and other crew members when the Captain gets kidnapped.

Daft, you can come round my crib and we can watch them. Together.

Voyager was ace. I've obviously missed a fair few episodes, I'm going to have to go and watch them. I'd take you up on your offer but your phrasing of that invitation creeps me out. :heh:

So would it sweeten the deal if I offered some hardcore bumming?

If not then we won't, just some pr0 alcohol. pr0 food. pr0 Voyager.

I suppose sex with you that involves not looking at your face is probably the best sex you can offer.

Look, I know I said I'd call you and I didn't. No need to hold a grudge.

And no, it's the kind where you're facing me which is better.

Yeah, just the pr0-ness thanks.

It shall be done. In the words of Scorpion: "Get over here!"

Arrested Development - Afternoon Delight

Xmas episdoe :D

Lindsay: "I'm afraid if I go with you people will think I'm a mother."

Maeby: "I've never thought of you like that."

Lindsay: "Aww you're sweet."

Lucille: "I have a surprise for him if he comes back. First I blow him *holds up air horn* then I poke him *holds up fire poker*.

Lucille: "I want you to move in with me."

Michael: "No. No. No. No no no no no no. No."

Michael: "What are you doing here?"

Maeby: "My mom signed me out of school early so she wouldn't have to pick me up later and be late for the Christmas party."

Michael: "That's about the worst thing I've ever heard."

Maeby: "I had to drive because she had a little bit of a buzz on."

Michael: "No that's it."

COME ON!

I should probably stop quoting and actually go watch.

Just finished season 2 of Sons of Anarchy -- and honestly, it's a brilliant show. A motorcycle club, formed with a communal family foundation, has over the years grown to control a small(ish) town called Charming. They have snitches in the police and their fingers in the underground business of smuggling guns from the Real IRA to drug-powered gangs. They have rivalries with the Mayans, as well as ongoing investigations from some FBI-esque group hampering their shit.

This season focused on the arrival of a respectable arm of the KKK, and how they try to quash the SAMCRO by playing the gangs against each other. It's very much like Sopranos on bikes, except we don't ever get a grip on the status quo, isntead some upset or unbalance is happening.

Infrequent scenes of massive violence that occur without real warning, and the general overtone of "society doesn't have to be like this" combine to make a show that I really like. While it's not Wire, the coincidences in SoA feel a lot less "mmmm... contrived!" and a lot more "wooah... no way!" which always makes for exciting viewing.

Enough rambling - go watch. Season 3 starts in september so you have time to catch up.