NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Watched another 4 episodes of Battlestar Galactica Season 3. Not a great lot of episodes. A bit too much filler. One disk left.

My mum somehow amazingly noticed that Bill Adama is also Gaff in Blade Runner.

I didn't think Blade Runner or Adama could be any cooler. How wrong I was.

Season three does get a bit fillery but the last four episodes are ZOMG! worthy.

Nip/Tuck and Scrubs finally return tonight in America :D And Big Love at the end of next week which has been away too long (like 16 months or something stupid).

Finished Season 3 of Awesomestar Galactica.

I have questions! :heh:

I don't think it was as good as Season 2's finale. Season 3 as a whole has been a bit iffy in terms of quality although there have been some amazing episodes.

I'm goin to watch it again before I get Season 4. I need time to absorb. I've watched the first two seasons twice.

Maybe I'll sync up in time to watch the last episode when it actually comes out.

Star Trek: Enterprise - Seasons 1-4

Not as bad as I first thought. Third season is a continuing arc which is pretty cool. They even managed to cleverly smuggle the Borg into an episode, even though it's set hundreds of years before their name was known.

After watching them all I did actually want to see more. The finale was a bit iffy though, felt more like a "Next Generation" episode.

The finale was a bit iffy though, felt more like a "Next Generation" episode.

That episode never existed.

Finished Season 3 of Awesomestar Galactica.

I have questions! :heh:

I don't think it was as good as Season 2's finale. Season 3 as a whole has been a bit iffy in terms of quality although there have been some amazing episodes.

I'm goin to watch it again before I get Season 4. I need time to absorb. I've watched the first two seasons twice.

Maybe I'll sync up in time to watch the last episode when it actually comes out.

Presuming they run straight through its due on March 20th. You have your mission... :p

Yeah season three as a whole wasn't so great. I suppose they were at that awkward part where they're not quite at war and they've not found Earth. They're lingering waiting for something to happen to them.

But come on, the last ten minutes were immense.

The whole revelation was a bit meh. The build up made it instantly obvious who was what. I'll give you the last 10 seconds being immense but I still think it could have been directed better.

The bad thing about Season 3 is there is nowhere near enough Baltar and Number 6 mind banter. Which I love.

Yeah it was obvious with the clues and everything but still the "they really did that?!" aspect...yes?

Yeah not enough Head Six. But it does have one of my favourite lines;

"Sabotage...with music?"

Sounds like something you would do.

Yeah it was obvious with the clues and everything but still the "they really did that?!" aspect...yes?

What else was it going to be though?

The only one I was really surprised at was the President's adviser. I don't think they integrated her character well at all.

In retrospect I don't think they should have killed Billy off in Season 2.

I don't think it was meant to be that big a shock because they have no context. Them being Cylons doesn't really change much, I have no idea what they are really there for.

That is addressed in season four.

I think it was meant to be a suprise/worry because "they could be anyone/ they could live amonst you." Its all dying for some propaganda.

And yeah Billy's death was a bit...underplayed. Other than giving Dualla a reason to sleep with Lee it didn't do much. And I think Laura has only mentioned it once since then.

And it changes something. There are now two half human half cylon sprogs.

That is addressed in season four.

I think it was meant to be a suprise/worry because "they could be anyone/ they could live amonst you." Its all dying for some propaganda.

And yeah Billy's death was a bit...underplayed. Other than giving Dualla a reason to sleep with Lee it didn't do much. And I think Laura has only mentioned it once since then.

And it changes something. There are now two half human half cylon sprogs.

I know about the Chief's kid but again I don't really know the relvence of Hera so that was another non-event.

Dualla didn't need a reason to sleep with Lee she was all over him before Billy died. That was in the episode where he kicked it in that restaurant. She was also already basically bumming him in the gym.

And there isn't any worry about the 4 new skin jobs. They have no idea why they are there. It isn't like they, or we, know that they are planning something. Yes they are a ticking time bomb but until something happens, they are essentially human. Just like we thought they were before we found out. You're defined by your acts and this lot have not acted cylonic at all.

The whole propaganda thing was done in Season 1 when Boomer came out as a Cylon. 'Careless talk costs lives' and all that.

I think it was all pretty obvious but I'm not saying it was bad or a let down. It just was.

Yeah but at least Dualla was guiltless. Cheating is fine, its the guilt thats a killer...or something. Season four is better anywho.

Nip/Tuck - Ronnie Chase

Hurrah its back! Not quite as scandelous as normal but it had its moments. Suprisingly more heart-felt.

The starting sequence was really well done. From the amusing (using a soul song about being a backstabber and then later, after the deed is done, 'Stop Me') to the awesome editing. Oh and they called their dog Lipo. One of the most amusing dog names since Backup.

Shame there was no Kimber in sight. She has to be one of my absolute favourite characters ever.

Friday Night Lights - Underdogs

Quite possibly the best episode of TV I've ever watched. This show really does it all.

Terminator: TSCC - Season 1

Finished it last night. Good show and I'm looking forward to watching season 2 to see what happened to Cameron and whether she/it is still alive. Good ending as well to the series and perfect choice of music to accompany it (The Man Comes Around by Johnny Cash). Would love to find out why Ellison wasn't killed but I guess that'll come up at some point later down the line. Anyways, as I have said, I've really enjoyed it and surprisingly Summer Glau is growing on me as an actress. Didn't think much of her to begin with but she's alright and she's not bad looking either.

Ice Road Truckers - season 2

Ignoring the pompous ass that is Drew and the whiney child that is Rick. The season is pretty decent. Not as good as the first where everybody is in Yellowknife..but decent.

Shame Alex, my favourite, had to leave because of his lung! Never the less, it makes me laugh and it's quite interesting all at the same time

Terminator: TSCC - Season 1

Finished it last night. Good show and I'm looking forward to watching season 2 to see what happened to Cameron and whether she/it is still alive. Good ending as well to the series and perfect choice of music to accompany it (The Man Comes Around by Johnny Cash). Would love to find out why Ellison wasn't killed but I guess that'll come up at some point later down the line. Anyways, as I have said, I've really enjoyed it and surprisingly Summer Glau is growing on me as an actress. Didn't think much of her to begin with but she's alright and she's not bad looking either.

I thought season one was really good but I think season 2 so far has just been excellent.

I thought season one was really good but I think season 2 so far has just been excellent.

I thought the first 3 or 4 episodes of Season 2 was slow but I heard that it got a lot better. Not had a chance to catch up on it myself.

Think I'll wait until it comes out on Blu Ray.

I loved SCC:1 when I bought it on DVD, and though I realised we have Virgin1 recently, I want to watch season 2 from the start, so I'm-a waitin' on the Doov'd release.

----

E.R Season 15 Episode 1

Missed the very start, but I remembered the cliffhanger from last series. Big sadness all round as a classic of a character passed on (unexpectedly!). Dunno what it'll be like without

Pratt

But we'll see.

7/10

Brothers & Sisters Season 3 Episode 1

A great episode, a bit more emotionally charged than usual. Tha start of a few big issues, with the family literally in a bad mood with one another, only this time it seems unfixable.

Plus the MASSAI mystery of the secret brother.

8/10

Brothers & Sisters Season 3 Episode 1

A great episode, a bit more emotionally charged than usual. Tha start of a few big issues, with the family literally in a bad mood with one another, only this time it seems unfixable.

Plus the MASSAI mystery of the secret brother.

8/10

The brother isn't really that big a deal though, since it has literally no impact on anyone's life.

I love how they always have secrets though amongst the family - and how all the secrets spill really quickly in a massive arguement.

The brother isn't really that big a deal though, since it has literally no impact on anyone's life.

I love how they always have secrets though amongst the family - and how all the secrets spill really quickly in a massive arguement.

Yeah, foolishly all having pushed onto their best clicks at once, and assuming they may as well use pulse wave then and there.

I love the special power Sarah's kids have though (they're duo), outwitting anyone adjacent of a lower point cost, but in the same TA.

I don't normally 'review' individual episodes of anything, but Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe season 4, episode 3 got me thinking far too much for 7am, and totally not what I expected from the show (I've only seen two episodes before)...

This episode is about tv writers, and gives an excellent array of insights into the various ways writers start from nothing and finish with a script. A lot of nerves have been touched by the show; there's a sudden sense that I'm not totally isolated in how I approach/freak out with creative writing. Knowing that these guys didn't get born into their jobs, hearing how they come up with characters and the tips they have for dialogue and action (despite all being script-formula, not my preferred medium) are hugely insightful.

Shorty, nami and I come up with these little bits that I constantly think would be part of something awesome if we were already big and famous and knew how to get it into a complete package. This episode has given me some queer hope that I can't quite identify. Hum!

Scrubs Season 8 Episode 1

Horrah it's back, and it's good again! A very funny episode, the new interns are great

and Courtney Cox is a brilliant as the new Chief of Medicine.

Episode 2

Another great one and brings back the emotion of the early seasons.

Let's hope the rest is as good as this.

OC Season 1

I finally caved in and bought the first season boxset and have to confess that I enjoyed it immensely. Ryan seemed initially too angsty and Seth too annoying but I warmed to them. The Oliver stuff got annoying, Anna was a great character, and the Hallelujah worked very well in the closing scene.

8 / 10

Battlestar Galactica Season 2

HOLY FRACKING SHIT that was a good ending!!

Quite nice as well as I was expecting the last episode to be normal length so I got an extra 20 minutes :) Great setup to s3 in anycase, I will be buying the s3 boxset tomorrows.

Overall I didn't think it was as consistently amazing as season 1, and some filler popped up which was a little disappointing considering how long the program had gone without having any filler.

Nonetheless after two seasons I think I can actually say that this is, in my eyes, the best program of the last decade.

9 / 10

Oh yah and I agree with whoever said the preview bits a minute or so are unnecessary. They look good but I now close my eyes when they're playing.