NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Torn. Between my lust to watch the wire right away and my need for banter. I do find that there is something in every episode that I want to discuss, just like ''how fooking cool was that'' or a quote etc. Also sometimes I don't understand what some of the people are saying, but I ususally muddle through. Also, I may have to buy some jaffas after this. But no, diet 2009... NO!!

Okay, massive problem.

You seem not to have factored in just how mind stomplingly amazing Battlestar Galactica is! :smile:

You owe it to yourself really.

Okay, massive problem.

You seem not to have factored in just how mind stomplingly amazing Battlestar Galactica is! :smile:

You owe it to yourself really.

lol. OK. I'll buy it. How easy am I to persuade tbf :heh:

Sweet if you're gonna buy it that means I don't have to. :p

My favourite Wire quote is McNultys Jameson one...don't think you've got to it yet. *Should really watch Season 2*

lol. OK. I'll buy it. How easy am I to persuade tbf :heh:

You wont regret it. You were easy to persuade because it is an easy decision. :D

Also a good list! Although I'm not sure how you can watch all those goodies and then...Hustle :heh:. Watched one the other day and it was just a bit too simple and as my brother put it 'hammed up' (lolol) with stupid dialogue. To each their own though :)

Twere a new one? The latest two have been a tad predictable for sure, but there are some great episodes. There's an episode where the two main grifters are arguing over who is better, so they agree to be dropped off in the centre of london butt-naked, no money, no nothing, and see who can grift the most money by 6pm.

Currently airing is the 4th series, and there are only 6 episodes a series. Written by the same guy who does Johnny Creek, if I recall correctly. Certainly not a ball-busting show, but amongst the best of british and worthy easy watching with buddies.

My favourite Wire quote is McNultys Jameson one...don't think you've got to it yet. *Should really watch Season 2*

Which one is it? Put it in spoilars!

Oh maybe it was Season 2....And I can't see/remember/find the exact quote but'

(Can't remember word for word, but the "You're not Irish.", "I had 14 Jamesons last night.")

Twere a new one? The latest two have been a tad predictable for sure, but there are some great episodes. There's an episode where the two main grifters are arguing over who is better, so they agree to be dropped off in the centre of london butt-naked, no money, no nothing, and see who can grift the most money by 6pm.

Currently airing is the 4th series, and there are only 6 episodes a series. Written by the same guy who does Johnny Creek, if I recall correctly. Certainly not a ball-busting show, but amongst the best of british and worthy easy watching with buddies.

That grifting does sound win! The one I watched was new yeah, and we'd guessed the answer/trick/whatever about 20 mins before they revealed it. Just doesn't float my boat. : peace:

Arrested Development Series/Season 1

I'm going to be honest here:

There were some bits that I felt were slightly naff (Can't really remember them, tho). However, the rest of it was pure quality. (Now those bits I can remember.)

Excellent show.

9.5/10

Ive seen all of the Arrested episodes but I really do need to hurry up and buy seasons 2 and 3, its such a brilliant show!

Do I see a BSG lovefest? *Joins in*

You should watch it. The Sci Fi genre tag does it a disservice by association: what you really have from the show is one of the best, darkest and most politically charged dramas on television. I love it long time.

and you know I have the best taste on the forum, right? :heh:

He's right. Fuck the name, I always get weird looks when I tell people I 'just watched three episodes of Battlestar Galactica', and never mind the genre. Best thing on TV. And I watch the wire.

£25 a season in HMV.

Sod it, download it if you have to. You need to watch it.

Do it as a favour to me. :heh:

And what he said (Y)

BSG rocks. In fact I just bought Battlestar Galactica, the actual spaceship. Posted it in the Post Your Purchase thread earlier. :D

Million Dollar Traders

Yes, they sacked that geriatric Simon. Woooo!!

What a twat. No one has the right to be jolly when they are being sacked then kicked out the building, then told not to come back for goodbye drinks.

Entertaining/10

Big Chef Takes on Little Chef, Episode 1

The head of Little Chef is an ass clown. I <3 Heston.

8/10

Dawson's Creek: Some season 5 episode

Still the de-facto teen drama that every one will be judged by, looking back it was a bit hokey compared to now but It was pretty decent considering it didn't have any gimmicks, just the 4 main characters. I've also never met anyone who doesn't recognize the theme tune.

The gf is currently making me watch Charmed. Season one was laaaaaame and

Andy died

:(

Season two was ok but nothing really happened. We're now onto Season 3 and things were starting to pick up, Cole is awesome (Christian Troy from Nip/Tuck) but now it's pretty meh again.

In other new Desperate Housewives starts again on Channel 4 on the 28th.

Oh my, the programmes I watch are really girly :P

The 7th episode has an awesome ending. Enjoy :D

(Gossip Girl)

Ah, i saw that coming! I said a few episodes ago that those two should just get it on as they'd be perfect together. The only difference is he's a womaniser and shes a virgin, but i'm sure that will change :p

Was a good episode though. My girlfriend loves it too so its all good. Whenever we want to watch it we just say "xo xo?" :)

Blair and Chuck is the kind of relationship I want; fucked up to the core. Its a fun ride at least.

Anywho;

Big Love - Block Party

Im finally starting to be able to understand the workings of the UEB without having to rewatch (although I will). Nice to see they've used the strike to their advantage and 'jumped' (as so to speak) from when we last saw them. I do feel sorry for Sarah as none of her parents seem to ever listen to her. I hope she doesn't leave (would understood if she did though). Plus the Veronica Mars fanboy in me loves seeing her with Tina Majorino.

How I Met Your Mother - Three Days of Snow

Lily and Marshall are the ultimate 'awww' couple. I love how Ranjit cast aside his customer to help Lily.

Gossip Girl - You've Got Yale

Blairs going Black Ops :D

(and I hope they're not going to repeat the rich kid/poor kid dating awkwardness of Dan and Serena with both Rufus and Lily and Nate and Vanessa as that'd be really boring.

Which one is it? Put it in spoilars!

"I'm not Irish? I had 14 shots of Jamessons last night!"

Do I see a BSG lovefest? *Joins in*

yeeaaah boooiii!

He's right. Fuck the name, I always get weird looks when I tell people I 'just watched three episodes of Battlestar Galactica', and never mind the genre. Best thing on TV. And I watch the wire.

the wire is better

but, tecnically you're still right- that's not on tv any more. :heh:

Pff not seen The Wire but im still championing Big Love. As I've recently seen it described; its like I, Claudius in Utah.

(Gossip Girl)

Was a good episode though. My girlfriend loves it too so its all good. Whenever we want to watch it we just say "xo xo?" :)

Omg! That's actually brilliant. So I can say to a mate "...xoxo?" and the can go "GOSSIP GIRL!".

I'm stealing it. :D

The best episode is the one that focuses on Serena's brother, Eric. Fantastic bit of drama there.

Omg! That's actually brilliant. So I can say to a mate "...xoxo?" and the can go "GOSSIP GIRL!".

I'm stealing it. :D

The best episode is the one that focuses on Serena's brother, Eric. Fantastic bit of drama there.

I've said "you know you love me" before now when I've done something to annoy someone. But then I would have said similar before because I am arrogant and all :p

Is Gossip Girl only airing at season 2 at the moment? Is that nearly over? I dont want to finish season 1 (which will happen in a week or two!) without my xo xo fix ready and waiting!