NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

No no, just a cunt.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I concede. Knowledge is power.

I just realised I sort of called myself a cunt in my last post. :hehe:

VICTORY! :p

Party Down - Party Down Company Picnic

Everything is better with Kristen Bell in. Shame there wasn't more Uda/Kyle (Kristen/Ryan / Veronica/Dick) interaction but at least there was a good Uda/Ron (Kristen/Ken / Veronica/Vinnie) scene.

I love what utter losers they all are.

Henry: "How do you feel about becoming team leader again Ron?"

Ron: "With pay rise and benefits"

Henry: "No, just title and responsibilities"

Ron: "YES!"

And Kyle's Hollywood lifestyle advice to (14 year old) Escapade about which clubs to be seen in and asking if she shaves her arms :D

"Hollywood is a Darwinian battle of assholes."

Brothers and Sisters "Where There's Smoke"

brothersandsisters.jpg

This series felt like a return to the jokes of the first, with mysteries abounding, and I love how you can tell the end of the season is coming up.

Re: Robert; Dark Reign: The Cabal

Re: Kevin & Scotty; Second Coming

Re: Holly; Messiah Complex

Re: Sarah; The Return Of Bruce Wayne

There's so many events going on. I love how Robert's storyline feels like the prelude to his joining the Secret Avengers as the new Swordsman, Kitty being unable to push to outwit due to her Indomitability.

Also I approve the use of Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol as the "climax song".

Britain's Got Talent- Final

Meh. Thought it was quite crap except for Twist and Pulse, Paul Burling and Spellbound. Usher was crap and I like the new Dizzee Rascal song.

Twist and Pulse should have won though. Even though I really liked Spellbound, I was entertained watching Twist and Pulse. Still, at least a singer or dance troupe didn't win so I'm happy about that

5/10

I was happy the little drummer boy didn't win. I see drummers just as good down at the local pub every week.

24 Finale

Actually found it a bit meh, considering its 24 I expected a lot more action. Only real good bit was Jacks conversation with Chloe.

The season as a whole I found a mixed bag, some good bits and some bad. Especially the whole Dana Walsh storyline which was handled terribly.

Scrubs - My Brother, Where Art Thou?

I love the ending of the first part of this episode. J.D. telling his brother (essentially) "you're a screw up, you're a rubbish elder brother and I'm sick of having to coddle you". Just so refreshing to hear/feels good to my own ears.

Then the second half they make up and everything is fine :( But still:

New show Persons Unknown started in the US last night, just watched teh first episode.

It's one of those "what the hell's going on?!" type shows that wants to take some of Lost's fans and give them a warm, soothing bath and whisper "it's ok, shhh...." in their ear.

This introductory episode can be summarised fairly easily; bunch of varied people wake up in a ghost town that they can't leave where nobody knows what is happening.

Starring a-bunch-of-familiar-yet-unnameable-faces who all act as if they've only been given a one-line bio of their character (which may've been true anyway). I guess the idea is that we, the audience, gets to know the characters as they get to know each other, but they're pushing the paranoid trust-noone tone too much, and the camerawork profoundly annoyed me throughout because the show's premise deserves thoughtful, intelligent shots rather than the constant cutting/handheld 'action' style they've gone with.

However, I'd say this offers more hope than Harper's Island, and it hasn't played too big a card in its first episode a lá

Flashforward. Definitely worth adding to my weekly roster.

Also!

Breaking Bad's s03 e12 proves once again the shows pedigree -- it is simply the most stunning thing on tv -- I mean that in the sense that shit happens that paralyses you emotionally, which pajchair so often only allude to. This season I thought we were going to have a slow-burning, Duel-esque stalking of the prey, instead we're seeing that Walt's is still one long breaking point.

MAD!

Breaking Bad is just unreal. It really is the best, most powerful show on the air right now.

And events aside, it's also the best show on a technical level. The ingenuity and inventiveness of the direction and the photography alone is worthy of praise and awards. It's captivating like nothing else. That scene at the beginning this week is just one example of the sheer brilliance on show- and lets not forget the sheer brilliance of how the season opened with the two brothers.

This week's show was amazing. Genuinely made me sit up in my seat and shake with anticipation and dread.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season One

I've decided to watch all of the Buffy collection again, a few of my favourite episodes are in this one. To be honest, all Buffy episodes are my favourite (Sarah Michelle Gellar :love:)

9/10

Big Brother's Big Award Show

How the heck Nadia got Best Housemate I'll never know, Nikki or Brian were much more entertaining! Eh, good watching it back, reminded me of a few funny clips (Nikki screaming "Who is she?" is just classic to me, haha)

7/10

Edited by Animal

Breaking Bad is just unreal. It really is the best, most powerful show on the air right now. .

I think I shall give in and get hop on the breaking bandwagon once I finish The Wire.

Just finished season 3. And I thought the second season was good. Staggering.

STRRIINNGGEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Big Brother

I like the new theme and I like about three of the people already. Unsure about the others.

6/10

Desperate Housewives- We All Deserve To Die

This has to be my favourite season so far. I really love it and this episode was brilliant and I guessed the mystery right as well. Can't wait for next week's!

10/10

Breaking Bad Season 3 episodes 5-12

I decided to catch up so I can watch the finale next week. :grin:

I finished episode 12 half an hour ago and my jaw is still on the floor.

The show is intense.

It's fantastic in every aspect. The way the episodes are structured, the characters are brilliant and it still maintains this dark humour throughout while having a deadly serious air to it.

Pure excellence, it will take days for my eyes to recover. :D

I think I shall give in and get hop on the breaking bandwagon once I finish The Wire.

Just finished season 3. And I thought the second season was good. Staggering.

STRRIINNGGEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

:'(

Yeah The Wire is amazing. I reckon season 4 was the peak of the whole show so you're in for a treat. I'm fairly sure that the last episode was the only time TV has ever reduced me to tears. It's absolutely heartbreaking.

Season 5 is also brilliant, and a perfect end to the show, but season 4 is a brilliant portrait of Baltimore as a whole that's just unmatched even by the incredibly high standards in other seasons.

Glee Finale.

Rinse and repeat. I enjoyed this for a few nice character moments and the music, but it's essentially set the show up to repeat everything from season one again. I wonder how much more life is in this show's character and storylines. The great comedy and new music seem to be the only fresh elements each week.

Oh, and Quinn giving birth in a terribly acted sequence cut into Vocal Adrenaline's one man band rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody was probably the lamest thing the show has done yet. Wow. I could actually taste cheese in my mouth. Try harder, Glee. Meanwhile the scene with Schue/Schoo/Shoe (?) in the car breaking down as he listened to Don't Stop Believing was pretty strong and effective. More so than the bratty Gleekoids bawling at his house and ignoring what was the most delicious looking pizza I've ever seen.

Oh, and Sue came through nicely in the end AS WE ALL EXPECTED HER TO. What a surprise. Still, it was handled in a hilarious Sue Sylvester way and that makes it borderline acceptable.

Regardless, it was still a reasonably good finale. I'll give it a very generous 7/10.

The Big Bang Theory - Original Pilot

Well that was different and seemingly filmed in the early 1990's. No Penny, Raj or Howard (although the latter two have still yet to find a use anyway), some angry girl who comes to live with them (who I didn't mind too much) and some random nerdy female friend. And Sheldon was 'sexually active' (as they say) :o! Dark as hell though (in terms of visuals). Their apartment barely had any light in it.

Glee- Funk

I enjoyed it except for Quinn's part. I'm sure a pregnant woman can't move like that?!...can they? Anyway, loved hearing Loser!

9/10

I think the Finale might be good (Sorry, Scoop, I haven't read your post. As soon as I saw Glee Finale, I scrolled down :D)

Glee Finale

I'm still reeling from the amalgamation of Bohemian Rhapsody with

Quinn giving birth

. I'm unsure if it was awful or brilliant.

Seems to be set up for the exact same thing next season, though hopefully the group are now a more unified set. *shrugs*

Still pretty shit. And I wasn't impressed with any of the songs.

Yeah felt the same. As well as feeling that a law should be passed whereby nobody is allowed to attempt Bohemian Rhapsody. It wasn't too bad...until the famous bit (the technical term escapes me but you know what I mean).

Once again "OMG GLEE CLUB MAY BE CANCELED!!!" would be so much more of a concern if it wasn't already renewed for two more seasons (of the same fucking thing).

Quinn looked hot just as her water broke...which is a weird thing to say.

I actually hoped they'd just

have the club cancelled as was meant to happen, but then realise they NEEDED EACH OTHER!!!! and just keep it together of their own accord/with no funding. That might change the dynamic. Oh well.

Miranda.

I genuinely don't think I've ever laughed out loud as much as I have whilst watching this, which is totally confusing considering British attempts at sitcom-y type shows almost always result in shockingly abysmal shows.

Anyway, it's hilarious. The way she so smoothly turns to the audience whilst having a conversation and says something like "...I have no idea where I'm going with this" before continuing with her obvious case of verbal diarrhea. Actually utterly genius, and I'm incredibly impatient for the second season to arrive.

The best moment has to be when it cut to her being at her first school reunion, and her classmate was boasting about how much she'd achieved and the job she was currently in. When she asked Miranda what she was currently doing, she paused for a second, and uttered "...I'm...Myleene Klass". I died. Or when she wanted to get rid of her gym membership. "I...I...I WILL SHIT ALL OVER THOSE TOWELS".

Amazing.

Edited by Slaggis

Dianna Agron (Quinn) was in Veronica Mars. That explains why she's the only decent one on the show! (and I'm including Sue who I'm now bored with, although Lynch was also in Veronica Mars) :p

But seriously that finale. Two things that bugged me:

1) There is no way a faculty member from one of the schools would be on the judging panel.

I hate how they made the judges mean to make Sue look better. A change of heart should come from within. The "she's got a soft side" angle they went for is completed negated by the fact it was forced upon her

I will give this a 10/10 now...

That man is a legend! When is it on?