N-Europe

Favourite PC RTS game?

Ysm

I just finished Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, and after hearing how poor the expansion pack is (apparently the new units are ridiculously over-powered), I'm looking for my next fix of real time strategy goodness. I have Star Trek Armada 2 which I love to bits but have completed and I have Command and Conquer Generals but I have yet to play it. I was looking for reccomendations from you guys, what do you like? I'm not interested in online play, just single player. I'm hearing good things about Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, is it any good? Any other reccomendations?

Let the discussion begin!

Dan Dare's favourite rts is Warcraft 3 without a doubt. it's awesome

frosen thozne expansion is great, and i never get borred of the tower deffences . The expansion isn't to bad, but yeer when you get the bane-balde, and maybe a basalic or 2 the enemy base how ever good stands no chance.

My favorite is Tiberian Sun.

Especially if you want Singleplayer it is really satisfying with all the videos and stuff and I also like the level designs.

I thought the Singleplayer in Act of War was also pretty enteraining, there are lot's of objectives that change during Missions but the game is pretty easy.

I didn't really like Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds it felt like put together from many other games from the genre and all races basically had the same units only with different looks.

I'd save some money for the CnC Box that comes out in February (in the US). If you haven't played any other CnC you have plenty of games to complete, it contains every game up to Generals together with the add ons and will retail in the US at the price of 39.99$

Need i say more! :heh:

Yes. Says the forum limit. haha

Althought I'm sure this thread is going to be overloaded with Starcraft, i'm going to tally a vote for Red Alert (2).

Too much hate for red alert 2 I say, It made everything so much more convienient. (cues and rally points) And it still had mostly good balance. Just the solviets a little underpowered.

and, for upcoming. I tally my votes for.

Supreme Commander http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/supreme-commander/631678p1.html

and

Starwars Empire at war. I'm not star wars fan but its WESTWOOD!

http://www.petroglyphgames.com/games/starwars.php

Dawn of War definitly. Also thinking about picking up Homeworld 2, just as soon as I've completed some other games.

Erm if you had read my first post you would have seen that I have just completed it. Thank you for your input though.

The more I play Dawn Of War however the more I want to cry about the money wasted.