NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Prototype

It sounded like it did in my head, a bit harsh no? Anyway enough of the rubbish.

I got this today, and I'm really enjoying it....

....Well, I was up till that mission where you have to defeat those hunters at the military base. It's so bloody anoying, I even ended up breaking my Dual Shock 3 in frustration.

Hopefully i'll get past that bit tonight though (using my old, crappy Sixaxis pad. :/)

I probably will pick this up on the cheap but after playing through Red Faction Guerilla I am most likely going to be disappointed by the lack of destructible environments. :(

Whats with the bloody filter that they put on the game around the time of the Bloodtox thing? It's annoying the hell out of me, and I've done about 3 missions further down the line and still it hasn't gone.

Edit: Apparently it's no filter. Searched around expecting other complaints about it and couldn't find any mention of it, and now that I've gone back to my Xbox I'm getting E74. Weird, since the pause menu was clean - it was just the ingame stuff that was "filtered".

Edited by Gizmo

I got a refund for the Sims 3 and used the money from that and trading in Mass effect to buy this. Will play it...Later today since it's nearly 3 am.

This is kind of getting a bit dull. It's pretty repetitive. I've done mission 22 of the 31 or so. How's everyone else finding this?

Got this yesterday. It's probably the best "free-roaming hero game" I've ever played. It feels a lot like Spider-Man 2....but better.

I especially like the fact that there's no consequence for anything and how easy it is to get around.

I really liked it for a while, the movement going around the city felt very fluid as ive mentioned before. Unfortunately I got a bit bored of the missions feeling very similar then when I got to the boss battle in Time Square I just got annoyed and have played it since.

I really liked it for a while, the movement going around the city felt very fluid as ive mentioned before. Unfortunately I got a bit bored of the missions feeling very similar then when I got to the boss battle in Time Square I just got annoyed and have played it since.

Yeah, I'm getting the same feeling, that it's a bit samey. I haven't got up to the Time Square fight yet.

It doesn't help the city is incredibly bland.

Today I had a few funny moments in this game. Destroyed a chopper by throwing the infected people at it. Heck charging through a crowded street with the shield power was pretty entertaining.

Is it just me or are the checkpoint races really frustrating at times? Ah well it's still entertaining.

The first bit, I didn't realise that the tentacles don't actually damage the pump. I concentrated on the leaders after I realised that. The boss was pretty easy. I just climbed up the tallest building and used that graveyard devastator.

I still haven't died playing this. I hoping to get the hard to kill trophy.

Edit: The mission, number 26/27 I think, where you have to destroy all those bloody helicopters...Is that insanely hard? Because I swear I fluked doing it the first time.

Edit 2: Completed it. The game is just a bit rubbish. Fun to start with but it kind of dies a death after. Didn't die so I got the Hard to Kill trophy! :yay:

Last boss was really easy. Dissappointing.

Edited by Daft

If you didn't die on hard mode even then I'd feel like I really suck at this game on normal. Damn chopper and Hunter team ups have gotten me loads.

Na, normal. You have to unlock hard mode (please can developers realise this is f*cking stoopid idea) and I'm not going to play it again.

The most frustrating thing is when you are trying to get away but there are so many tanks and choppers that every time you jump you get knocked over. The full body armour is REALLY useful. I didn't use it for ages but it stops so much damage. (Warning on the last boss, he has one attack that takes of about half to three quarters of your health.)

The regenerating health is a load of crap. I swear I've never seen it take effect.

I'm not sure if I should send it back to LoveFilm or mop up some of the remaining trophies. I'll probably send it back, I don't really feel that motivated to play it any more. Like I said, it starts off great but runs out of steam pretty quickly.

Red Faction is coming tomorrow. Should be fun, fingers crossed.

When you come close to death as many times as I have you know the regenerating does take effect.

I never really noticed because I was manically attempting to absorb as many people as possible. I just found if I was really in trouble I'd drop out of sight and put on my disguise.

So how are missions compared to Infamous? I'm probably gonna get Infamous for my Birthday, and will get to play my girlfriends brothers copy of Prototype on Tuesday probably.

I never really noticed because I was manically attempting to absorb as many people as possible. I just found if I was really in trouble I'd drop out of sight and put on my disguise.

I found it so frustrating escaping from Helicopters without getting a direct missile in the back killing me.

Just finished the game. 27/40 Achievements.

Final boss really frustrated me. The Tendril attack got me so many times (About 7 times roughly)

I found it so frustrating escaping from Helicopters without getting a direct missile in the back killing me.

I also used to run away from helicopters but you take a lot more damaged than when you engage them in combat. At least for me running away never worked well, if there were more than two.

Ok so my 'six months behind' rule is getting a little stretched...

Picked this up ages ago, only just got round to playing it. The game doesn't stretch itself in any way, shape or form but it's still cool to bounce across NY in a matter of minutes, elbow-slam a tank or fly a helicopter into a marine base.

On my first playthrough on normal, trying to get Hard To Kill (no deaths), Nice Guy (consume less than 10 pedestrians), and trying to do 3 missions completely undetected (on mission 16, done only 2 so far but didn't start trying for ages).

I like the web of knowledge, I like running around, I like kicking ass... But I do not like the helicopter controls, nor their associated events, and I do not like the 'movement' events. Getting from A to B is easy, but turning corners and aiming for markers makes me feel shit at the controls -- one of them, High Flyer, essentially needs you to run/jump in a straight line up a building then drop back to the bottom again, only 99 times out of a hundred I get to the part of the building JUST before the 'column', and my character can't tell which direction he's running in, or on which surface he is on, then the camera starts moving so when it comes to sprinting up the 'column' to grab the penultimate marker he just runs 'around' the 'column' then FUCKING JUMPS OFF.

It's frustrating to the point of madness because it just feels so broken. At one point I was confident I'd be able to 1000/1000 this game (with a guide for those landmark/hint balls, no doubt) but now I doubt I'll even get gold on all challenges, let alone platinum these fuckers.

Does anyone remember these bits and do they have any tips?

EDIT: ... lol noob. Don't need to climb to the VERY top of that building. Wow. That was a quick turnaround. ALL HOPE RESTORED!

I completly gave up with the game ages ago. It did start out fun, but it got really repetitive by the 5th mission. To the point where, to play was a chore.