Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Christmas Songs!

Slaggis

I was just on iTunes and I saw a Christmas Album at number 2 and "All I want for Christmas is you" at number 2 on the singles chart so I got the idea for this thread.

What are your favourite songs at Christmas? Whether they are Traditional or chart songs, tell us!:)

What songs really put you in the mood for Christmas? And what songs make you want to murder the person that's playing them?:santa:

--

My Favourite christmas song is probably "All I want for christmas is you". It always puts me in the mood for Christmas. :)

Well I wish it could be christmas everyday! I sort of like that one, if only for the nostalgia it evokes more than the rest, but most of them are awful. I hate Merry Christmas Everyone, All I want for christmas is you. White Christmas might be ok if it didn't feel like it was rubbing it in our faces every year =P

That sleighbells ringing ding ding dingling or whatever that I still don't know the name of is awesome.

And I was looking at The Format's iTunes page and I saw they had a christmas song, Holly Jolly Christmas, and I downloaded it. Its rad (im going back to the 90s man!)

What a coincidence. I just started playing Christmas music today :grin:

Fairytale Of New York - Pogues & Kirsty MacColl

Happy Xmas (War Is Over) - John Lennon

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday - Wizzard

A Winter's Tale - David Essex

Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade

Stop The Cavalry - Jona Lewie

Do They Know It's Christmas - Band Aid (Original, as the new one suck's because of that rap)

I prefer traditional carols, all the usual holly-jolly pop crap just gets shoved so constantly down your throat every year. Five minutes spent in Woolworths drives me insane. Even Fairytale of New York, which is saying something.

Mad World from the Donnie Darko soundtrack is still the best Xmas No. 1 by a reasonably large margin.

I prefer traditional carols, all the usual holly-jolly pop crap just gets shoved so constantly down your throat every year. Five minutes spent in Woolworths drives me insane.

Mad World from the Donnie Darko soundtrack is still the best Xmas No. 1 by a reasonably large margin.

I forgot that song! You're right, definitely the best Xmas Number 1.

Favourite Christmas songs?

Biblebasher, Blame it on God, Crucified for thy inno.....

I mean...I quite like Silent Night actually, cause there's this carol service that my mates do every year, and they're really quite fantastic. It's like a cliche, but I still love hearing it.

I forgot that song! You're right, definitely the best Xmas Number 1.

It's not really a Christmas song though, is it?

Though I like that song, I'm pretty sure Another Brick in the Wall was no1 of 1979 so I would have to disagree =P

Anyway...

Bohemian Rhapsody which was the 1991 Christmas no.1 is much better than any of them.

It's not really a Christmas song though, is it?

Yes, but most "Christmas" songs are pieces of such unimaginative, holly jolly bull shit. Listening to them is like sitting in a posh restaurant pretending to read the wine list while your two long time friends make snide comments to each other as their divorce draws ever nearer.

I'd have to say 'It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year" by Andy Williams. I went through a phase of hating Christmas songs because I worked in a supermarket for a few years, so for 2 months a year I used to hear them for 8 hours a day 3 or 4 times a week, but I've finally got over it!