Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Guest Jordan
Yeah I thought the same thing when I was playing it, its far too sensitive. I was playing the thing on easy and I still had trouble with it. Guess thats me saving some money, might aswell pack my PS3 away until June 12th :)

Or you know... you could do the normal thing and leave consoles out?

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy f*cking crap, Mirror's Edge looks awesome. Looks like a game I could really get into.

http://kotaku.com/387711/mirrors-edge-in-motion

Edit: Just played the Haze demo and I actually really enjoyed it. A lot better than the earlier build I played. I had no problem whatsoever with the aiming. If you crouch and zoom it makes a real difference. I was only slightly annoyed you couldn't throw grenades further.

I can imagine playing as a rebel being even more fun.

One of the legends of the PlayStation® generation has taken his partnership with the platform to the next level. Solid Snake, the hero of the Metal Gear Solid® (MGS) franchise, is, this summer, being bundled with PLAYSTATION®3 and a SIXAXIS controller offering millions of PS3 and MGS fans around the world the ultimate gaming combo.

Concluding Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid saga, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is set in a battle-scarred future where huge conglomerates fight for supremacy using armies of hand-picked mercenaries. This devastated world is seen through the battle-weary eyes of an older Solid Snake who has been charged with infiltrating a number of key locations across the globe, including the Middle East and South America. As such, the epic end to Snake's story offers ground-breaking combat elements, a refined control system that offers unprecedented control over the aged hero, and the tying up of key plot lines and loose ends.

Similarly, the accompanying Metal Gear Online features all the stunning stealth and combat elements of Guns of the Patriots, as it drops the player into a series of war zones and game options. With all-out 'Last Man Standing' battles to rescue and protection missions, Metal Gear Online effortlessly transfers the sublime control system of the series to an online competition, creating an absorbing battle between like-minded fans.

Available from June 12 and priced at 439,99 Euros this offer is one of the most exciting bundles to date - bringing two great servants of the games industry together for the conclusion of what has been one hell of a ride!

Sony thinks that we dont need a DS3 and 80GB PS3 version. :hmm:

Yeah saw that news...it sucks but then I surpose they have seen the upshoot in sales as a result of the cheaper 40gb and the bluray/HD DVD war ending as enough here to keep sales going...I do want a DS3 though just for this game...

X Edge (Cross Edge)

New PS3 JRPG scheduled for September '08 release

Development is about 70% done atm

Collaboration between Idea Factory, Gust, Bandai-Namco, Capcom, Nippon Ichi, and Compile Heart. Compile Heart's Agarest Senki staff is leading the development.

Characters

Characters from the respective devs will be featured from Vampire (Capcom, Darkstalkers in the US), Ar Tonelico (Bandai-Namco), Disgaea (Nippon Ichi), Spectral Souls (Idea Factory), and Mana Khemia 2 (Gust).

Hero: Kannagi Yuuto

Heroine: Aiba Mikoto

Vampire/Darkstalkers:

Morrigan

Felicia

Demitri

Ar Tonelico:

Orica

Misha

Shurelia

Disgaea:

Etona

Prini

Spectral Souls:

Miu

Mana Khemia 2/Marie's Atelier:

Lilia

Rose

Marie

Story:

Main characters wakes up in a disorienting screwed up world alongside other characters who don't belong there. The world they wake up in survives and evolves by devouring souls from other realms/worlds. If nothing is done, the worlds from which the souls are being stolen from, will cease to exist...and so starts the story.

Worlds:

There are 2 worlds that are known thus far. The Underworld which consists of souls from Vampire/Darkstalker and Disgaea, and the Dreamworld which consists of souls from Ar Tonelico and Marie's Atelier. Each world has dungeon(s?). Sounds like your goal is to free the souls which don't belong in your realm.

Battle System:

Each charater is alloted action points (AP) and can attack during your turn repeatedly until your AP is used up. You can chain attacks which result in combos which ultimately result in increased damage. Sounds somewhat similar to a modified Ar Tonelico 2's battle system (which was time limited rather than AP, but chaining combos helps increase your harmonics level which resulted in increased damage or something).

Form Change:

As you save more souls from this world, the female characters have the ability to obtain equipable "forms" which increase stats, abilities, and what not. This sounds similar to obtaining costumes from completing cosmosphere levels in ar tonelico I/II.

xedgeiq4.th.jpg xedge2we6.th.jpg

Everyone who reads this post must download this video here. (Click on direct download server 5 in the right corner)

I don't think i have ever been so gob smacked by a game in my life. The visuals are actually unbelievable...

Everyone who reads this post must download this video here. (Click on direct download server 5 in the right corner)

I've set it downloading while I make some lunch, I'll watch it if it finishes soon, slow download is slow. ><

So does anyone know if the EU/UK is getting the MGS4 special edition? I can't find anything on google so I'm assuming it's US only.

I pre-ordered the standard edition (the only edition) with game.co.uk. I'm well pumped. Only a month and 5 days :D

I don't think i have ever been so gob smacked by a game in my life. The visuals are actually unbelievable...

what game is this can't download right now. Mirror Edge I guess?

Is it just me or does the Haze demo have NO sound??

EDIT: Doesnt run through optical...HD it is... :(

Working fine through optical for me... sure it's not your console?

EDIT: May as well give my thoughts on this demo while I'm here!

I'm always a bit skeptical of Ubisoft these days, as everything they release just seems so... average. Or shovelware. But as this is being developed by the genii behind Timesplitters and a lot of the team from Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, I thought this would be worth a shot. No pun intended.

Ok, when I first played it, I was a bit underwhelmed by the graphics and the voice acting made me wince somewhat, but I did enjoy drugging my character up to the tits with Nectar making me some kind of superhuman, able to knock excrement of every shade of the rainbow out of the enemies and spot a gnat having a shit from 5000 billion yards away. Though it does make everything a bit easy. But you can also OD on the stuff and go on some sporadic shooting rampage or even top yourself.

Back to the graphics: Yes, it can look very pretty in screenshots, and the smoke effects are also quite well done and would make you smack your gob if you hadn't already played Call of Duty 2 in 2005, but if you walk up to pretty much any surface you'll see that the quality of the textures are on Xbox 1 levels in some parts. Ouch. And I also don't like that, even though some objects were no higher than a kitten, I still couldn't jump over them. Some of the animations are quite well done though. I liked the way you actually feel like you're running (not literally) with the way the HUD moves as you run. It also runs exquisitely smoothly.

I've only played through it twice, and I'm still a bit on the fence about it. I can't help but shake the feeling that, without Nectar, it'd just be another standard FPS.

I'm going to wait for the reviews for this one.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!