N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Yes please!

I have eyes for BioShock Infinite, haven't bought a game since Dark Souls. Am now borrowing a PS3 from a friend so I'm back in business (when somebody returns meinen controllers).

What came out last year that was worth playing? People have mentioned Dishonoured and Far Cry 3 but anything else? Can't really be arsed to play Farcry.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes please!

I have eyes for BioShock Infinite, haven't bought a game since Dark Souls. Am now borrowing a PS3 from a friend so I'm back in business (when somebody returns meinen controllers).

What came out last year that was worth playing? People have mentioned Dishonoured and Far Cry 3 but anything else? Can't really be arsed to play Farcry.

Do it!

need-for-speed-most-wanted-box-art.jpg

Some of my favourites from last year, whether they'll appeal to you or not is another matter :heh:

Sleeping Dogs

Asura's Wrath

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Dragon's Dogma

Lollipop Chainsaw

Tales of Graces f

A couple of those I played on the 360 before switching consoles so I ended up buying them again (yeah, I know :shakehead).

inFAMOUS 2 :hmm: What is there for me to say...I think the game just lost me...

The Behemoth...why? Why oh why? Such a boring, unnecessary and soooo fucking boring fight.

After defeating it I stopped playing and don't know if I can be arsed to start again...

The last few missions before that didn't help. It's pretty much always the same.

Yes, the first game in the series is indeed a good place to jump on board. :heh:

You know what I mean though...arent the psp games prequels? Also ascension is.

On a side note I can't imagine ascension selling well...is just not needed!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/01/highly-significant-unannounced-ps3-games-still-coming

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe’s CEO Jim Ryan confirms as much, noting that big games both known and unknown are in PS3’s future, even with PS4 on the horizon.

Typically history can help us only so far here. We’re actually still selling PS2s in regions such as the Middle East seven years after we introduced PS3. There are a number of reasons why the transition might be a bit more accelerated this time round, but PS3 is a very important part of our portfolio, certainly in 2013, 2014 and probably beyond that.

I’d point to the software line-up on PS3 that we have coming up – God of War: Ascension next month, The Last of Us, which is looking great, and Beyond later in the year. And there’s other stuff yet to be announced which is highly significant too. There’s a lot coming on PS3 and it’s going to be very important to us for some time yet.

I think we know they'll support it for another couple of years, but I wonder how many exclusives it will still get as opposed to downports.

Wonder what the games are he alludes too. Rumour has it that GT6 will be on PS3 because of the install base, and to give the likes of Drive Club a chance to grow and take off.

Wow infamous 2 on plus, almost missed that! Got the first one free after the credit card fiasco and now this :D mind you I had to delete a lot of stuff to free up the required 30GB!

It's well worth deleting all that stuff.

I got the demo for I2 straight after finishing, and very much enjoying, the first. But I didn't like it that much, the change in character model and voice actor was jarring and some aspects of the gameplay seemed a bit at odds with what I expected. I actually think that having time to forget the first will remove those issues and make me enjoy it much more.

How much is playstartion plus a year and do they add on to the back end? GAME have them at £30 and was thinking of getting it, but didn't know how it worked.

It's £39.99 normally. And it does stack, so you can buy 50 years worth if you really wanted to.

It seems like it will also be supported for at least another year.

Speaking of that. Does anyone think that some PS3 games will contain extra code which allows it to run on the PS4?

It seems like it will also be supported for at least another year.

Speaking of that. Does anyone think that some PS3 games will contain extra code which allows it to run on the PS4?