Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

No more news, comes out June in US, I'm waiting for VGP to put it on their website!

Is there any reason why it would be bad to import a PSP?? Like region locking of stuff or connection to a PAL PS3 not working? I really want the red PSP and if its ot coming out here soon I'd rather import it...unless there is a problem with that.

I got to play Crisis Core at work today....DAMN!! does it look good!!

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any reason why it would be bad to import a PSP?? Like region locking of stuff or connection to a PAL PS3 not working? I really want the red PSP and if its ot coming out here soon I'd rather import it...unless there is a problem with that.

I got to play Crisis Core at work today....DAMN!! does it look good!!

I'm sure it's all region-free except for UMD movies, which are region-locked.

After realising there was an Everybodys Golf demo I downloaded it played it and realised I definitely didn't want to play it again.. I'll stick to Wii Golf.

Is there anything else out on PS3 in the next few months thats not MGS (hate it), or GTA (getting it for Xbox)? Want some new stuff for my PS3 in the next couple of months, not sure what.

There's a backup utility, try that.

I don't think it saved the demos... Just the settings.

Ah well, I'll just delete and re-download. I'm considering getting a bigger HDD at some point, though there's no point getting one before I fill up the 40gb.

Is there anything else out on PS3 in the next few months thats not MGS (hate it), or GTA (getting it for Xbox)? Want some new stuff for my PS3 in the next couple of months, not sure what.

I don't think there's much in the way of exclusives for either console in the next few months. Everybody's Golf, which you obviously don't want, GT5: Prologue, Time Crisis 4 — which by the sounds of it should be avoided — and possibly Haze, although I don't think there's a fixed date for that yet.

The next PS3 game I'll be buying is Vegas 2 on March 21th, presuming it isn't a rather rubbish port like the first.

Motorstorm 2 trailer shown! Sadly it was CGI but it's what their hoping to achieve!

It will have four-player split-screen, 16 online! Have monster trucks and be set on a muddy tropical island!

go to http://www.threespeech.com for the vid!

All of this means nothing to me if they dont sort out the loading times, that killed the 1st game for me as they were stupidly long.

I just hope/pray they nail a good story.

The story seems like it'll be complete rip off of MGS4, so they probably can't tell stories seeing as they couldn't even come up with an original concept. Oh well...

Either way, I suppose the story doesn't matter so much compared to how it plays... it better be good. I found Timesplitters to be a huge let down after Perfect Dark & Goldeneye on the 64.

The story seems like it'll be complete rip off of MGS4, so they probably can't tell stories seeing as they couldn't even come up with an original concept. Oh well...

Either way, I suppose the story doesn't matter so much compared to how it plays... it better be good. I found Timesplitters to be a huge let down after Perfect Dark & Goldeneye on the 64.

Yeah, I remember getting Timesplitters (might have been the second one) for the Xbox, got to about the forth level and dropped it. I just couldn't get into it.

A good story is high on my list of priorities. BioShock nailed it. I guess I'm hoping Haze could at least be a bit thought provoking.

Guest Jordan

Firmware 2.17 has been released in Japan and no where else at the moment.

Rumor has it, that 40GB PS3's now have back compat. I have no details behind this at the moment... and it isn't even out anywhere else. So we'll see.

EDIT: ...Nope. From PS3 Fanboy.com:

What is this? A new PS3 firmware update? What could be in it? And why such a random number? Mysteries abound in this random late night update. Stay tuned as we download the update and explore the new features of the firmware.

[update: Doesn't appear Sony included notes with this firmware update. Most likely a few bug fixes have been included. If we find out more, you can be sure that we'll update.]

[update 2: A post on the PlayStation.Blog lets us know that this is just a bug fix update. Specifically, online play for some PS3 games have been improved. Nothing to see here, folks.]

Guest Jordan

Yeah... same.

What i don't get is, the hardware inside the 80GB is the same as the 40GB. Why the hell can't we just BUY the back compat from the PSN?!

Its annoying. Basically, my best mate is giving me a PS2 this weekend, but Ive got three consoles, and Sky all surrounding the main TV plus, if I get a chance to play on the big TV, then it will be to play a good console, or usually Live or something, thus I have to buy a dual TV/PC monitor (Clearance or whatever from Comet) and link the PS2 to that.

A lot to do all for one game (Disgaea 2) Lol.

Guest Jordan
So is backwards compatability definately coming for 40gbs, were just not sure when?

No. Its probably not, that update was just online stability.

Guest Stefkov

If they're .avi files then yeah you can put them on a memory card and watch em. I used to have FF Advent Children on mine before I rid of it.

I played more Crisis Core today. I saw one of the summoning things and all I can say is

O

M

F

G!!!

I would say it was ridiculous but that would be an utter understatement, it was however damn cool! All I'm going to say is that it involves the Moon and some VERY large explosions. :p

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!