Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Noticed you were playing Move Heroes last night, Flamey. You enjoy it?

meh it was alright....Controls nicely (although who would have thought one handed dualshock would feel so uncomfortable compared to usual two handed, navigation controller coming tomorrow with my weekly ASDA shop lol) but got bored fast, very much played like the challenge parts out of games such as rachet so whether there is enough game there to sustain a whole game remains to be be seen. Short bursts probably the way forward.

In other news Resistance 3 arrived :)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine didn't. I decided to start using Shopto seeing as GAME is a mess right now but this hasn't paid off either. It got sent on Wednesday and I thought it was one day delivery? Same happened last week when Yakuza 4 got shipped, took 2 days to get here.

wow out of like 15 orders that has never happened to me crazy! I stopped using GAME when they started delivering late and then rejecting my visa randomly.

Seems the english stream isn't working for alot of people.

Try this one.

http://ja.twitch.tv/puchi_/

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv63571616?ref=ser

Live text updates

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-13-sonys-tgs-2011-press-conference-live-report

This is quite the train wreck. First they spelt Playstation wrong on the presentation screen and now the Vita won't load up for a demonstration lol. 40 minutes in and all we had so far was a 1 minute montage of games.

Hands down one of the worst conferences I have watched. Yesterday Nintendo showed games, games and more games and gave many reasons why the Japanese public should want a 3DS. Today I was expecting Sony to come out guns blazing and steal their thunder but they did nothing even remotely close. Best thing to come from it was a Final Fantasy X remake/HD port but they didn't have any footage of it.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Good conference. Wonder about that launch line up that contains nearly 30 games though, there seems to be a lot of focus on the 'PS3 games but portable!' idea. Although I've already mentioned back at E3 that I'm kinda worried about that strategy, really looking forward to see how it pans out. It's not like we've ever seen a current handheld pretty much match a current gen console visually.

A lot of HD collections announced. I'll probably pick up the MGS one for Vita, but the Z.O.E one I'll pick up for a console as I've been told that you need some good control to play it and I can't see me doing that with a handheld.

Overall, pretty impressed with what I saw, I'm pretty much 90% sure I'm going to buy one at launch. Although the social networking thing is really moving into mobile phone territory, I can see myself using it considering I may be too lazy to move to the computer when I already have the Vita in my hand. Now, if they can just work out a good deal with Skype that works over 3G, my god ALLOFMYMONEY.

FFX is pretty cool, so is MvsC3. Hate that the camera resolution is so lame but then again I don't remember the last time I wasn't with my iPhone.

I don't really remember such a competent list of launch titles for a console, I say competent because this list is okay and usually they are awful. Considering this is just the Japanese launch, by the time it launches over here it should have way more going for it. Although who knows, might not. Definitely want my WipeOut.

What I'm happy about is that the feature, like the party chat and the notification log, are solid. It's been a while since a console launched with a fully developed set of features. *looks at Nintendo* *looks at second analogue abortion*

Yay for competition.

Edited by Daft

The only thing that has annoyed me about the Vita is the fucking proprietary memory cards again. It's going to really inflate the price as some games are now confirmed to require a memory card rather than save on the card they come on which others are capable of.

They've announced the smallest available will be a 4gb memory card and in Japan will cost 2,200 yen. In comparison, a class 10 4gb SD can be bought for just a little over 900 yen. A bare basic one will cost you around 500 yen. (Current rate in the UK: £18.15, £7.55, £4.25). The largest, 32gb, 9500 yen (£78.45).

Why didn't I realise this is how they were going to milk their money back considering the system itself was that bloody cheap?=\

I thought we knew that.

I'm keen to see Monkey Ball and if it'll use the rear touchpad like that other pretty slick looking game where you pushed up the ground to make the thang roll.

Also, Persona 4 is WINlicious.

Why didn't I realise this is how they were going to milk their money back considering the system itself was that bloody cheap?=\

Yeah, that's bloody lame. At least it's a one off purchase...I guess. What's the format exactly? All I'm reading is generic "memory card slot".

T'other games.

PlayStation Vita: the other 74 games

Yeah, that's bloody lame. At least it's a one off purchase...I guess. What's the format exactly? All I'm reading is generic "memory card slot".

This is all I'm hearing too, I don't think they've actually announced a name for the format. I've seen what they look like and I don't think any thing else I have will even think of accepting it.

Ah well, hopefully those crafty Chinese will make another adaptor that lets you stick a Micro SD inside it.

This December, Sony is launching two PS Vitas. One model is the cheaper 3G model. The other is a 3G version.

Japanese carrier Docomo is handling the Vita's 3G services. Paid online services are nothing new to Sony or the PlayStation platform. The Vita's 3G services are a departure.

Do be aware that these are the 3G services for Japan. Western carriers are likely to offer different plans and different prices.

According to Sony's official release, there will be two plans offered in Japan: a Private Data Plan 20 Hours and a Private Data Plan 100 hours.

For ¥980 (US$13), the 20 hour plan offers 20 hours of gaming. Those twenty hours must be used within a 30 day window.

For ¥4,980 ($65), the 100 hour plan will offer 103 hours of gaming that must be used over the course of 180 days.

If your hours are not used during the set time period, they will become invalid.

After that set time period is up, PS Vita users have 14 days to decide if they want to continue buying more hours. When you initially sign up, you must pay ¥2,100 (US$27). If you decide not to continue after this 14 day window, you must pay that ¥2,100 again if you decide to buy hours in the future.

The hours are sold by credit card, and it currently seems like there will not be the option to pay cash for hours at retailers.

Many Japanese gamers seem to be reluctant to buy virtual points with their credit cards. Sony even released a smart card reader USB peripheral in Japan so individuals could add money to their PSN accounts without using their credit cards.

The plan being offered is similar to phone plans, sure, by buying blocks of hours, having to use them during a certain time period, and then needing to buy more hours could hinder the 3G model in Japan. The contract looks to be a sizable commitment.

During the press conference, Docomo said that it would offer a service that children could use safely. I have no doubt this is true. As safe as it is, is it affordable—not for just kids, but adults?

I imagine that American and European gamers will get different plans. Those plans might be better. They might be worse.

If today's press conference did anything, it convinced me that, as someone living here in Japan, there's only one way to go: WiFi.

http://kotaku.com/5840053/the-ps-vitas-3g-plan-could-raise-eyebrows-in-japan

Most ridiculous price plan ever

Not really sure why anyone would use 3G anyway (Out of interest, I wonder how this compares to normal 3G prices in Japan). WiFi has, and always will be, for the win. It's the cheaper model, too. Score.

Edit: Just realised I can just wirelessly tether this to my iPhone if needs be. Why does anything beyond phones need 3G again? I doubt I'll be even doing that, though.

Edited by Daft

Somewhat meagre battery life is pretty much par for the course, unfortunately. You have to think it's a factor that's going to seriously stunt the advancement of smartphones in the next few years.

The 3G pricing is interesting insofar as it's based on hours, not data. I suspect that's a smart decision as it would allow smaller titles, such as apps or minis, to be downloaded without completely savaging users credit. I'm not really interested in 3G that isn't inclusive, though, and that's never going to happen.

In terms of the games Monster Hunter is the only absence that stands out, the list of launch titles and those in development being very comprehensive otherwise.

Edited by Aimless

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!