N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Looks like PS3 will have a shit summer if IGN are anything to go by:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/996/996143p1.html

There is some pretty decent games that I will be interested in. Rock Band : The Beatles is an instant purchase for me. Wolfenstein will hopefull bring back that classic gameplay. DiRT 2 is worth a look, and King of Fighter's XII is shaping up to be everybit as polished as SFIV. (No BlazBlue though, which I am surprised at)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm well I'm not into buying music games unless it's something like Singstar, so I think it's just a matter of taste. However I think it's fair to say you're in the minority because those games don't appeal to such a wide audience like normal blockbusters do.

Man this Zone Zeus trophy is kicking me in the nuts. I was at zone 68 and really thought I had a chance when one surprising slip of my finger on the controller meant that I started repeatedly slamming into a wall head-on. I had 80 on the health meter and the incident reduced it to 15. Then I had a couple off perfect zones before unintentionally barrel rolling causing me to fall off the track, and that was the end of me.

I seriously thought I had it wrapped up too. Back to the drawing board.

nodaft.png

Whahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!! 77 zones I've got the gold!!! YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if I get that platinum I can die a happy man. A bit of online stuff and reverse track learning needed and I'm set.

Edited by dwarf

Another 'improves playback' one. Unless other details are yet to be revealed, it seems like they release these to remind you that they are sort of constantly updating.

And btw I'd like some recognition on my achievement :blush:

That's very informative. The miscellanious improvements to my miscellanious games will be most appreciated.

Surely something must be getting added, however unexciting, as it's 2.80. All whole decimal updates have brought some kind of new functionality, as far as I'm aware.

But how many will still die whilst they wait for it to download?

I hope something's being added, even if it's something I'll never personally use. 150MB takes some time on my rubbish connection and I don't like coming out the other side with no discernible differences. Hell, allow me to adjust the background using RGB sliders and I'll be happy!

A party system with cross game chat please.

Seconded, I still find it amazing how behind the PS3 is with stuff like this in comparison to the 360, there are still a load of basic things that you can do on the 360 on-the-fly that the PS3 requires you to quit out of a game to perform the action... why? ;_;

To be fair the 360's party system was only introduced in late November last year, and outside of that I'm unsure as to what "basic things" you're referring to. The PS3 might still be playing catch up in some regards but it's come a long way since it launched.

Well I don't remember exactly how many things but I do remember at least one from last time I used the machine, custom soundtracks in games... it's still not possible on all PS3 games is it? only a few... just things like that really.

They can't really force that, unfortunately. It works on the 360 because every game has markers that tell the machine when to play the custom audio and will mute the game music when that's true; you might notice a lot of games stop custom tracks whilst rolling out company logos when they start up or playing FMV, for instance. The PS3 supports exactly the same functionality — as well as the more 'intelligent' integration in games like Wipeout — but unlike with the 360 it's at the discretion of the developers as to whether to include the appropriate hooks in their games.

In other words part of the problem with playing catch up is that functionality that isn't in from day one often won't be as well supported as perhaps it should be; it's a lesser example but Avatars would be a demonstration of this from the 'other side'.

My new TV is here so am just about to set it all up, looking forward to it.

Music choice I think would be a cool thing to have for all games but it's mostly only good for racers because in an adventure or whatever you want to be immersed in it with the score that was made for the game.

The TV has surpassed my expectations, I don't really know how it could really look much better, so I'm glad I didn't fork out an extra £150 for the panasonic. We have the v.high quality 42" panasonic downstairs but this looks on par with it. Plus a big bonus is that the sound is pretty dang good. I thought I'd have to spend a bit on speakers but the TV has great base.

KZ & Wipeout look stunning and I'm so glad it's in my room :yay:

Edited by dwarf

Its amazing what a new controller can do to your 'teh skillz'

My creaky old sixaxis has finally disintegrated, the L3 button has collapsed into the shell (As a direct result of CoD4). So picked up a sexy new ceramic white DS3.

Don't know why I didn't upgrade months ago.

I just took it off my rental list just in case LoveFilm send it to me before the PS3 games I want to play.

Yeah, it's a great game for the Wii but really, it can't compare to anything on the PS3 and 360.

I want to get a Wii for the game, simply because it puts Killzone to shame. Seriously though, the controls make it and the weapons look nice so I think it'd be nice for some PS3 owners to team up and muller Zechs Merquise and other Wii board nobs.

That's if the Wii has online connectivity. I'll stop.