Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Having spent a vast majority of time online on the PS3 it is fair to say it is the biggest leap forward for a long time - moreso than the Wii controllers I think.

You should probably clarify that you're not referring specifically to the PSN with that comment, otherwise you'll never hear the end of it.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah forget to mention, what did everyone think of Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars? *puff*

I thought it was pretty good personally, if a bit tricky in terms of gameplay.

I like it and was intending to buy it but burnout cars are tempting. Might stick with the demo for a bit longer.

Shit.......basically.

Each to their own.

Another funny review I thought would be worth putting up here from the Escapist

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/472-Sonic-Unleashed

Also todays review:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/553-Skate-2

The guy is hilarious, even if I do miss some of the stuff he says. What does everyone else think of the Sonic situation?

I still don't quite get Noby Noby Boy. I think what it is I don't like the graphics or the art style and think some of it looks plain lazy. Compare it to flower and I think it is lacking. I'm not saying I'm a graphics whore I mean I love stuff like Passage which is trying to art over games and that has a unique look that is by no means at all great looking by any stretch of the imagination.

Gonna watch this;

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/23090

See if that changes my view point at all... It seems such a bargain at £3.19 can't see me not getting value out of it.

I agree with you Choze. I love the feature that everyone's play of the game will result in new worlds opening. That concept is brilliant but what I don't like about it is the small maps you play on. I wish they were bigger, more Katamary like.

Can you actually get really, really long is what I want to know? And what purpose does eating this and crapping them out have?

If there isn't an answer for the second question then I love this game. Stuff added in for no reason.

on the subject of spending more on little things, ive had peanty of average-ok nights out spending £40 and thinking nothing of it.

yet spending £40 on a game i feel guilty.

why would i feel guilty spending £40 on a game that lasts 10-20 hours and is good all the way through. yet have no porblem spending £40 on a night that lasts around 5 hours, often leaves me with a poor self image and a banging head ache the next day?

on the subject of spending more on little things, ive had peanty of average-ok nights out spending £40 and thinking nothing of it.

why would i feel guilty spending £40 on a game that lasts 10-20 hours and is good all the way through. yet have no porblem spending £40 on a night that lasts around 5 hours, often leaves me with a poor self image and a banging head ache the next day?

Because people think videogames are for losers?

Because that evening is a unique experience to you whereas everyone can buy a copy of that game?

Supposedly the 2.7 firmware update which was leaked:

Friends List:

- Voice Messaging is now available as an alternative to text after selecting a user on the friends list. Voice message recordings are capped at 30 seconds.

- Home Integration: Saved Playstation Home avatar photos can be selected as photo ID for Gamer Card/Friends List.

- Trophy number and Gamer Level are listed under Friend names for quick reference.

Gamer Card & Trophies:

- Gamer Card layout has been changed to more closely resemble the Playstation Store aesthetic.

- Past Trophy information can be viewed in detail by selecting "Recent Trophy History" option.

- Newly aquired trophies auto-sync in the background

- Server infrastructure for Trophies has been optimized. Resulting in faster retrieval time for Gamer Card and Trophy information.

In-Game XMB:

- Loading time for In-Game XMB has been drastically reduced, resulting in a more seemless in-game experience.

- "Theme settings" options while in-game is now available, allowing custom themes to be applied to the In-Game XMB.

- Internet Browser can now be accessed while in-game.

- Voice messaging and voice chat options can be used while in-game.

- Options that cannot be used in the XMB during game sessions are grayed out (but still selectable) to eliminate user accessibility confusion.

Misc:

- Other slight UI tweaks and enhancements.

All sounds right to me, just natural development especially the trophy sync in the background and XMB tweaks. In-game web browser on the other hand, I can't imagine watching GTTV while Killzone 2 is paused in the background..

Supposedly the 2.7 firmware update which was leaked:

All sounds right to me, just natural development especially the trophy sync in the background and XMB tweaks. In-game web browser on the other hand, I can't imagine watching GTTV while Killzone 2 is paused in the background..

Saw this the other day

I think thats more an expansion of something already in games...for example in Burnout since the last update it has loaded up the web browser to show the network page. Likely they are just adding it is a standard feature across all games like they did with custom soundtracks.

There was something missing from the list that I had hoped would make it to next update...it was some minor annoyance but cant remember what it is now.

Saw this the other day

I think thats more an expansion of something already in games...for example in Burnout since the last update it has loaded up the web browser to show the network page. Likely they are just adding it is a standard feature across all games like they did with custom soundtracks.

There was something missing from the list that I had hoped would make it to next update...it was some minor annoyance but cant remember what it is now.

You saw GTTV? Good show this week. I actually pulled this list from the GT forums..

Prince of Persia did this too when you download the Altair costume, but the difference is they're both 'fixed' websites that are accessed in-game. A much bigger thing to do like I said, watching Flash or Windows Media on a website while running demanding games such as Burnout or Prince of Persia. It would be a great addition though, when playing through MGS4 I had to whip out my PSP and use the web browser to find out how you beat Laughing Octopus on Gamefaqs :)

One thing I want to see from this update is cross-game invites, hopefully sooner or later.