Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

They're also working on some themes as well. I personally think it might be 'Street Fighter Alpha' - it was rated by the ESRB in America over a year ago as a DL for PSN and has never appeared. Only three days to go.

I hope your theory is right! Alpha or Third Strike would be automatic purchases for me

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Capcom have said that there is to be a big surprise for Street Fighter fans in this Thursday's PSN update! Apparently it won;t be a SSF2THDR beta but will be something exciting. They're also working on some themes as well. I personally think it might be 'Street Fighter Alpha' - it was rated by the ESRB in America over a year ago as a DL for PSN and has never appeared. Only three days to go.

I wonder if it is just themes...I downloaded a SFIV wallpaper off the US store and there were themes to I think....I'm eering on the side of caution and not getting to excited...I havn't played Alpha so it would be a welcome purchase...even better if they allow it work with remote play!

Yeah it is a awesome game. I completed it first time round so fast just couldn't put it down. I am slowly making my way through it and getting myself some trophies...

There is indeed a sequel in the works...rumours saying it will be set in India...

India? I saw in the Home space from IGN a lot of diving equipment, IGN had a theory Drake would go on a search for Atlantis. Where did India come from?

With remote play does the PS3 have to be on, or can you just DL to the PSP?

No you can transfer things such as PS1 games onto the PSP. But Remote Play for PSN games either can be done by turning on your PS3 and leaving it in Remote Play mode...or the best way changing the stand by settings so you wifi stays on whilst its in stand by...still makes a humming noise so a bit annoying to have on all the time but good for turning on your PS3 from anywhere in the world.

India? I saw in the Home space from IGN a lot of diving equipment, IGN had a theory Drake would go on a search for Atlantis. Where did India come from?

I first heard it mentioned a couple of times on 1up Yours and a few other podcasts. But also check out here;

http://talkplaystation.com/uncharted-2-to-be-set-in-india/

and here;

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-137039.aspx

It looks like it is Streetfighter Alpha!

So The Street Fighter HD beta didn't hit the PSN. Cry me a river, PS3 owners. It's not like you're not being adequately compensated, what with Capcom just announcing that Street Fighter Alpha/Zero is to be released as part of this Thursday's PlayStation Network update. Sure, it won't boast meticulously redrawn sprites or fan-created soundtracks, but you know what? It'll be out, and you'll be able to buy it, which is more than we can say for the never-going-to-actually-be-released SFIIHD.

Source:Kotaku

PSP with Monster Hunter, Loco Roco and Burnout on the way!

Yay for cheap game bundles :p Need to find the likes of Patapon, Echochrome etc cheap now too but I'll give those three a play first :)

Good lad... I have 8 PSP games already in less than a month as keep picking them up cheap...so many good games for under a tenner!

It looks like it is Streetfighter Alpha!

Source:Kotaku

So worth getting then right?:heh:

Yay:yay:

I knew I had psychic abilities:heh: Would be great if you could play it online. This will defo draw me back to the PS3 as I've been spending a lot of time on the 360 recently so, yeah, really looking forward to it.

EDIT: Maybe not - turns out it'll be the crappy PS1 port and not the Arcade version (obviously. Why did this not click to me straight away). The Arcade version is on 'Alpha Anthology' on PS2 so why not just port that. The Saturn version is the next best one after that. Oh well.

Yay:yay:

I knew I had psychic abilities:heh: Would be great if you could play it online. This will defo draw me back to the PS3 as I've been spending a lot of time on the 360 recently so, yeah, really looking forward to it.

Well done. Is the PS1 version really that bad?

Which ones, and were did you get them :heh:

gamestation mostly...for £4.99 each I got crush and exit, exit in particular is awesome. also got metal gear acid for £7.99 err...virtua tennis and space invaders for BOGOF so worked out at £19.99 for both....jeez I can't remember what else...

The PS1 version of Street Fighter Alpha/Zero isn't too bad its just that with PlayStation conversions, there was always really long loading times, animations had to be cut and although the PS pad is good for 2D fighters, it was arguably inferior to the Saturn's amazing pad. However, the sound effects in the PS version were a lot clearer and crisper than the Saturn but the Saturn had better animations and shorter loading times so they both had the positives and negatives. However, if you've never played SFA before or haven't played the Arcade versions then its still a brilliant fighter.:smile:

Here's the latest PlayTV news from Eurogamer.

Sony has told Eurogamer that PlayTV will be released on 19th September and cost GBP 69.99.

PlayTV is digital video recorder for PS3 that can record TV while you play games or watch other programs. There is no copy protection on content, which is saved in a standard format and can be transferred freely to your PC or PSP - which can also control the box remotely.

The PS3's power is put to good use, and PlayTV is future-proofed to handle HD signals when they saturate the market at some point in the future.

Head over to our preview of PlayTV to find out more, and beware that our main concern in that piece - that Sony couldn't confirm recording at the same time as playing games - has now been clarified: you can.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!