NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Whats warezs like shit mean?

So its basically like a techno-accessory-networky-memory-hub.

Warez = illegal stuff

like a shit = really damn fast/alot.

Yup, why do you think i have soooo much HDD space? ;)

Oh Sorry flameboy forgot about you!

don't worry there seems to be that many people have picked one up in the last week its easy to forget people.

Meh, i have a 40GB PS3, if i wanted to play PS2 games i can pick one up for about £50-£70. Considering the 60GB PS3 is like £500 on Ebay you would save money anyway, and the PS2 will play all PS2 games :)

I still have 25G left aswell, and i have loads of stuff on my PS3 like Warhawk, 6 episodes of terminator, 30 CD's etc etc

I need to make a list of people I need to add. Saw Strider added me but couldnt accept as the internet was dead this morning. Uncharteds so coooool.

Meh, i have a 40GB PS3, if i wanted to play PS2 games i can pick one up for about £50-£70. Considering the 60GB PS3 is like £500 on Ebay you would save money anyway, and the PS2 will play all PS2 games :)

I still have 25G left aswell, and i have loads of stuff on my PS3 like Warhawk, 6 episodes of terminator, 30 CD's etc etc

It's alright saying that, but boy PS2 games don't look good at all on a HDTV unless they are upscaled. It looked awful until I started playing them on my PS3. Now my White modded PS2 is in the cupboard. Gotta love USA models for all those lovely RPG games that come out, but never do here!

I guess so, but in all honesty it was only a year ago people were still using the PS2's as there main console. Plus every man and his dog owns one, and the fact that if your playing a PS2 game your probally not playing for the graphics more for the gameplay.

I cant think of many PS2 games i would "Have" to own. Thats just my opinion of course but the PS2 never really did it for me, not many AAA titles that interested me. The only games i would buy really are GT3 and GTA VC and SA.

Well Rogue Galaxy just was a mess on the PS2 displaying through onto the HDTV. All the cel shaded graphics were just blocks of mess, couldn't see his face detail because of the squares. Nice and smoothed out on the PS3. Stuff like that can get annoying, obviously you could look past that , but why put yourself through the pain when you have something that makes it better (for me anyway)

People were probably playing PS2 on normal TVs as well. HDTV didn't take off till consoles started using it.

Speaking of PS2 games. I've got over 100 easily, lol. I'm a HUGE RPG fan so need to play all the good ones.

MGS4 Limited Edition Box Art.

42866916xi7.png

84445425ga7.png

that is the kind of special edition I would pay for if its not too over the top pricewise.....

So excited...have only played the 1st metal gear solid, having not owned a PS2...

that is the kind of special edition I would pay for if its not too over the top pricewise.....

So excited...have only played the 1st metal gear solid, having not owned a PS2...

Only ever played the second. That was only the boss fights though.

Cannot wait for this game. Definitely buying the special edition.

Only ever played the second. That was only the boss fights though.

Cannot wait for this game. Definitely buying the special edition.

yeah me to...although I only have the standard preordered from game at the moment...they don't have it on...

By the way Stefkov have I got you added on my PS3?

yeah me to...although I only have the standard preordered from game at the moment...they don't have it on...

By the way Stefkov have I got you added on my PS3?

Probably not. Stefkov is my ID.

I've lost my imagination...

Disgaea 3 announced for an August release on the PS3 over in yankee land.

Oh god, Dom's gunna cum.

*Strokes his full on USA 60GB hard drive PS3*

Ah running any PS2 game is fantastic, upscaled too! :D *Is playing Wild Arms 5*

I'm actually considering going this route too now, I had a look around and might be able to get one for a good price, is it all USA 60GB's that are full backwards compatible though? Also I read that it's completely region free (for PS3 and PS2 games I assume and not Bluray films) and that you can use a UK power supply with it so no need for a step-down converter. :heh:

If all these things are true then are there any downsides to getting a USA PS3? O.o cos I can't see any atm lol.

Oh god, Dom's gunna cum.

Hey! Ive fallen in love with Disgaea now too....

.....YESYESYESYES YYYEEEESSSSS!!!!!!! :bowdown:

Well some great Home news surfaced;

There's been a lot of Home news recently, which is fine by us. We're happy to learn anything that makes the service appear to be more than just a Second Life clone. If what Kotaku says is true, then Home will be much, much more than that. Their sources have revealed to them exactly what Insomniac, Naughty Dog and Incognito have planned for Home integration and it sounds totally awesome.

Both Uncharted and Resistance will allow you to explore empty levels from the game as your Home avatar (hopefully, with your friends - that would make it extra cool). Resistance will also have a game-space in which we'll be able to explore unseen areas of the game as well as listen to extra content from the game in the form of "intercepted radio transmissions" which will expand on the storyline.

Uncharted is pegged to have a Contra-style 2D side-scrolling shooter based on the game, available in its gamespace. Warhawk, on the other hand, will feature full game launching from within Home and a "war room" which will allow players to draw out battle plans on a virtual sandbox map of the level. If this all comes true, then Home will be even better than we ever imagined. Sony is apparently using these games to show third parties and other developers the potential of the service. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this will all come true

Personally think the service is improving all the time with the drip feed of info and whilst it may be little more than a Second Life clone it will be a worthy distraction.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/

I'm actually considering going this route too now, I had a look around and might be able to get one for a good price, is it all USA 60GB's that are full backwards compatible though? Also I read that it's completely region free (for PS3 and PS2 games I assume and not Bluray films) and that you can use a UK power supply with it so no need for a step-down converter. :heh:

If all these things are true then are there any downsides to getting a USA PS3? O.o cos I can't see any atm lol.

PS3 games are region free... Dont know about PS2

Blu-ray isnt region free, but I have read that some work and some dont

Im using a UK power cord and its fine

And the only place I can see US PS3's for sale is VGP and DVDBOXOFFICE but there only 40GB