NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Ratchet and Clank!!!! YAY :bouncy:

Quark playable!!!!

Im being serious, I LOVE these games.

There ace! (well ive only played them since ToD) Not as good as super mario galaxy 2 though imo!

I still haven't gone back and completed Crack in Time on hard to get my platinum...

I want to know if the new PlayTV needs a new box or is an update or whatever..

Is ITV Player definately on? All I need now is 4OD.

4oD is coming. Not sure if 4oD and iTV are free though.

The new MAG update is just insane 32 v 32 v 32 mode :) and Move also sounds ineresting if challenging to do. Glad to see Sony see the potential in MAG. My experience with the game has been amazing (minus playing as Valor :p ). I hope many more people get to experience it.

Hmmm interesting - new version of PlayTV called PlayTV Live Chat - It adds community features to the service, such as chat and programme recommendations.

Is this the new version that supports Freeview HD or something?

Well done IGN for the arse of a mistake in saying that it's a sequel of the Wii games. :nono: It's the first game brought to the PS3/360.

Still, the motion control is great in the Wii versions so it's good they're now implementing it on the PS3. Not that I'll get it as I'm content with the Wii version. I do think, though, that most people will simply play it with a standard controller when it comes out over here. Think the Move support will be lost on anyone who picks it up, outside of those who follow gaming news.

^ Yep agreed!

The game would be aweful with buttons instead of 'waggle', so that's good for all those who still haven't played this great game! You should all check it out!

Do the Move controllers have speakers? As that was another nice little feature in the game.

I've routed around online, but failing to find anything. Is there a list of games to be released/patched for 3D for PS3?

Almost imported NMH. Glad it's coming over and with Move too!

Sine Mora (Digital Reality x Grasshopper Manufacture) PSN/XBLA Title

A new partnership was announced today at Gamescom between Hungarian developer Digital Reality and Japanese dev Grasshopper Manufacture. Announced along with this parternship is the first game that they are co-developing Sine Mora.

Sine Mora is a new take on the old side-scrolling shooter genre. The mix-up this time has something to do with time manipulation. Suda 51, famed head of Grasshopper Manufacture, is excited about working together with Digital Reality stating, “We think we can strongly benefit from having an ally such as Digital Reality in the digital publishing realm, who can provide long term online publishing services to its partners, and to gamers.”

I can imagine tumble being trippy in 3D. I'd get it if it were a PSN title but it doesn't look it.

Looks like the PS3 has finally been hacked

This USB stick is confirmed to boot the PS3 into some sort of service/debug mode, and while the package comes with a backup manager, the important thing is that the USB jigkick allows for unsigned code to be launched by retail PS3s.

This means that CFW for PS3 is now a possibility. People can write apps and boot them from this USB stick. Imagine a CFW where all region coding is disabled, one can use their PS3 as a PS2HDloader (if they have a BC unit), play your library of PSP games via PS3 and XBMC on PS3 is possible. It will also be possible to launch linux via this USBstick, and probably even launch old installations on post OtherOS killing firmware.

Ripping games to HDD is actually the least interesting thing about this.

Video

More Information

If you want to find out more either use google or go to the official Neogaf thread about it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404565

Well looks like Sony will have to disable the USB ports now and remove them from future models.

I'm sceptical.

If it does prove to be true then the usual firmware cat-and-mouse games can commence.

I'm sceptical.

If it does prove to be true then the usual firmware cat-and-mouse games can commence.

Well one of the Neogaf mods has confirmed it to be 100% legit and if they confirm it to be real, then there's 99.9% that it is real.

I've heard this can be used on any firmware version, what Sony will probably do is use some method to stop you playing games online.

I dislike mod chips. For all the time people spend extolling the virtues of homebrew this or media centre that, 99% of users are going to be pirating games and they can piss right off.

Personally I hope Sony can easily patch this method for good, the only things I have to look forward to from its continued existence being the potential removal of features, even more frequent firmware updates, and less time and money being spent working on things I actually want rather than combating piracy.

Obviously this will benefit pirates but having the ability to store your games to the HDD means faster load times, which is good for legitimate customers too.

Shaving a couple of seconds off load times at the cost of mass piracy doesn't seem like a particularly even deal to me.