NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Thanks for help guys. I think I will go for R2, that game suits me better than KZ 2. Both er really cheap now, so I will see.

I spent a lot of time on Resistance 2 online, it's definitely a great game if you get into the multiplayer. It's arcadey, frantic, but overall very fun. I think the mistake most people made was playing the 60 player matches, when the standard small DM/TD were much better.

Plus I think the campaign in R2 is better than KZ2.

Ended up buying Prince of Persia because it was a fiver and cel-shading turns me on. Also got Motorstorm: Pacific Rift which looked pretty decent for £8. I hope they're both better than Warhawk.

Wow, great prices for those games. Im thinking about getting MS: PR for online play. Have you tried it yet? Is it any good?

Wow, great prices for those games. Im thinking about getting MS: PR for online play. Have you tried it yet? Is it any good?

Only had a quick bash on it. First impressions are, it's pretty good. It looks like it has a lot of depth, lots of competitions and vehicles. The physics and handling are good. So is the framerate, but it lacks the excitement and energy of Excitetruck/bots on Wii. I haven't played online yet but I'll let you know if it's any good.

I S-Ranked Excitetruck and I can tell you now that Pacific Rift is the better game. Some of the tracks are expertly designed, and there's tons of skill to it.

The cell shaded PoP is supposedly average and really easy.

PoP isn't quite the classic the original was, but for a fiver it's definitely worth it IMO. The graphics are charming. The (Nolan North-voced, of Drake and Dark Voide fame) is too much... well, Drake, really. Pacific Rift is quite good, but somehow I don't think it quite measures up with the original. Still atleast it's got more variety in the scenery.

Never played Warhawk, or Pacafic Rift online. You know me and that competitive online thing jadajadajada... Never liked it, never will. But you can shred some songs with me online anyday!

Yes, I suck online.

I very much agree with this.

The reason they put in the Other OS feature in the first place was to let people mess around with the cell, and hopefully get them interested in PS3 development. Now that lots of developers are supporting the PS3, its just a security risk.

Yeah they don't want to lose developer support no its finally gained momentum.

I'll never forget being in a indepedent games store once and some kid asked if you could install PC games and run them on the PS3 and bloke said "yep because it has a Linux operating system they just work out of the box" Yeah course they do...would really help if games actually ran on Linux properly for PC let alone PS3.

To be fair, I'm not really bothered about OtherOS being removed.

The thing that rises my blood pressure, are the people that are actually happy about this decision, are these people that desperate for Sony's cock?

All fanboys should be publicly hung!

I don't like this Geo twat, or anyone who tries to open the floodgates of piracy.

The other OS think is a total yawn. I suspect the only people who really use it use it for rendering and there can't be that many of those - unlucky for them but I guess they could always buy another PS3.

tried to post earlier as it didnt work.

That qore uk version thingy is out on the 8th of April.

Price is £8.99 per quarter.

First issue gives you an ingame item for Just Cause 2.

If its like the US Qore it should be decent. I just hope its well presented unlike that Nintendo video. The extra bonuses should be worthwhile I hope and its cheaper than mags.

tried to post earlier as it didnt work.

That qore uk version thingy is out on the 8th of April.

Price is £8.99 per quarter.

First issue gives you an ingame item for Just Cause 2.

If its like the US Qore it should be decent. I just hope its well presented unlike that Nintendo video. The extra bonuses should be worthwhile I hope and its cheaper than mags.

hmmm I'm not really sure about the pricing. For the same price per quarter I get my Edge subsciption which has its great Editorial content. Obviously there is the video content but is that going to be enough over what I get off other websites. Qore subscribers get free games from time to time and think they did when it started. That's a proper incentive not an in game item.

The PSP favourites on the store is actually a good idea, some of the prices seem pretty acceptable.

Hmm I got given a ps2 as an early birthday present, I thought I had a mass of ideas as to what to buy game wise for it, but I'm actually quite stuck besides crash bandicoot and rayman..

Help! Please..?

That's all you really need! (As long as you're getting the good games in those series)

Timesplitters 2, SSX, Ratchet and Clank, MGS2, Gran Turismo 3 (never played 4), Tekken Tag are highly recommended by me.

Crazy Taxi if you haven't got it on another system or have fond memories of it, and Resi 4 if you've not got the GC/Wii version.

Hmm I got given a ps2 as an early birthday present, I thought I had a mass of ideas as to what to buy game wise for it, but I'm actually quite stuck besides crash bandicoot and rayman..

Help! Please..?

Kingdom Hearts 1+2

Final Fantasy X+X-2

Shadow of the Colossus

Metal Gear Solid 2+3

Jak & Daxter

Ratchet & Clank

Sly Racoon

Onimusha

Devil May Cry

...to name a few.

KatamariDamacy.JPG

!!!

And I'm probably in a minority but I did quite like Total Overdose.

Kingdom Hearts 1+2

Final Fantasy X+X-2

Shadow of the Colossus

Metal Gear Solid 2+3

Jak & Daxter

Ratchet & Clank

Sly Racoon

Onimusha

Devil May Cry

...to name a few.

Ah thankyou :)

Help! Please..?

Dragon Quest XIII, do you no less.

Dragon Quest XIII, do you no less.

Cute :heh:

But for PS2 highly recommend...

Final Fantasy XII

Xenosaga I+II+III

Ys VI The Ark Napishtim

Odin Sphere

Persona 3 and 4

Thought I'd ask this in here as I know a lot of you buy from shopto.net. If you picked Royal Mail unsigned for do they still tend to come in 24 hours of dispatch or not? I will be at work when my SSF4 preorder shows up and getting to the post office is a pain in the arse due to it only being open during work hours. So might mean me not having SSF4 the first weekend its out. Unless I hope that someone happens to be in as they deliver which due to my families work life I know is perhaps not likely.

Thought I'd ask this in here as I know a lot of you buy from shopto.net. If you picked Royal Mail unsigned for do they still tend to come in 24 hours of dispatch or not? I will be at work when my SSF4 preorder shows up and getting to the post office is a pain in the arse due to it only being open during work hours. So might mean me not having SSF4 the first weekend its out. Unless I hope that someone happens to be in as they deliver which due to my families work life I know is perhaps not likely.

You can specify that your order is not recorded delivery thats what I do and they still come in 24hrs.

You can specify that your order is not recorded delivery thats what I do and they still come in 24hrs.

ok cool thats what I thought and hoped! :)

Excitetruck and definitely Excitebots is better than the Motor Storm series. Which are good games, offer more content, look great, but they just aren't as fun!

Prince of Persia was a devestating disappointment and I would say £5 isn't much, but you can spend your time better!!