NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Just be careful when using the triggers. If you press down the triggers slightly at the start of a turn, you can then get a feel of how much more you need to press them to get the correct level of turn.

Get to the opening of the corner, start turning and hold the trigger inward a bit, and then just tilt the analogue as far as it goes and use solely the trigger to adjust for the rest of the turn (apex onwards).

That's probably too confusing but I think that's how I do it.

Nah, that was clear. I'll give it a go next time I'm on. Cheers!

If you've got a right-hand turn it helps to point your craft left slightly before you take it, makes it less likely you'll scrape the wall you're turning towards and it gives you more time to figure out how much air-brake you want. You get familiar with turns in Wipeout so that eventually you won't have to figure out how much you're applying the air brake.

(All the advice I've given is trademark of Dwarf Gourami inc., a formula you cannot get anywhere else. Deathjamm fucking loved it, and you will follow.)

Yep Current Gen lol. It's 3mths old & thats the only problem. Just wondered if Drakes fortune was well known for being buggy ?? It only does it now & again but when it does it takes ages & a lot of restarts to get through it especially during the early chapters. It hasn't done it since i posted on here lol.

I have no experience with Sony's customer service, but I'd imagine it can't hurt to call them.

Well Drake's fortune is known to be buggy. A whole firmware patch (not solely for this game) had to be release once, which fixed it. However, subsequent updates may have undone this work.

Cheers all. Think it's just the game that was buggy. First few levels were a nightmare but it's been fine since, fingers crossed.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1084010p1.html

Kind of annoyed that 3D ready TVs hadn't come out at the time when I bought mine last year. I really think 3D HD gaming could be absolutely brilliant, but I'm not splashing out on a new set. It's like I've been unfortunate to marginally miss the last major update televisions have been getting recently :/

Motorstorm in 3D... That would be amazing, I'm surprised there isn't much buzz about console gaming in proper three dimensions.

Like most technologies you probably don't want the first generation. I'll give it two years at least, I reckon.

Yeah I guess.

I still feel like this has happened too soon after my purchase though. Obviously I bloody enjoy having an HDTV now but why didn't they put this awesome feature in sooner?! It obviously has to be pretty damn cool at this stage by now anyway. Bastards!

I figure by the time my monitor is in need of replacing, there will probably be a 1080p 3D 22" one for around $199. I purchased my current one long enough ago that I don't feel I should have waited.

With 3D you really need to wait for one format to triumph. There's just too many different formats at the moment. Different screens, different glasses and all sorts.

It will take a while for 3d tv's to take off. Sony actually have their top end already supporting it once updates come(Panasonic dont :( ). But no one sees 3d as being mainstream for a year or two at least.

Bear in mind its taken HDTV's years to get in as normal.

With 3D you really need to wait for one format to triumph. There's just too many different formats at the moment. Different screens, different glasses and all sorts.

There arent any formats to worry about as the Blu Ray group chose their spec. So all the TV manufacturers are basing their tv's around this. The idea is that it works on any kind of display device.

Edited by Choze

Any new display devices that is.

Yeah. Didnt mean compatible with old screens. Like the Hd thing this will mean a premium at first. So for some a cheaper non 3d tv might be smarter right now?

The thing you have to remember, is even though Reald3d (SP) is going to be the standard for Blu-ray, and most 3D displays, its possible that the technology becomes obsolete within a few years.

The thing you have to remember, is even though Reald3d (SP) is going to be the standard for Blu-ray, and most 3D displays, its possible that the technology becomes obsolete within a few years.

Afew years is a bit optimistic. Its tied to Blu Ray and cinemas so i expect it will last until Blu Ray gets replaced at least. But you never know.

Is Avatar Blu Ray coming out in 3d?

Avatar is nearly pointless without 3D, as there are far better movies that tell the same story. Not to mention its the movie that's being used to sell the new generation of 3D.

Tron looks better. Much better. Much Better!

MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER!

Someone named Pirate729 sent a request to add me as a friend on PSN today, with no explanation as to who they were. Is this someone from here? I didn't see them in my "Players Met" list.

Its his Mum, she won't leave me alone.

She won't leave me alone too - damn she's been cheating on me! :laughing:

I thought I'd told her to stop sexually harassing people online. That sort of activity could get her banned for a month, despicable really.