NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Well it sounds like you've got a lot of ollllld games. R&C came way before the trophy patch.

I think it was 2 years before trophies were added?

You think that's bad, some games don't even have in game XMB support yet.

Mega fail, I just found R&C Tools of Destruction in a pile of games a friend lent me a few months ago.

...what a waste of money v_v

Sorry to hear that. I do stuff like that, pretty lame, but face it; there's worse things you could've done.

I'm not surprised someone had lent you it because it doesn't really have replayability, plus it's really cheap due to the amount of copies lying around.

Whoooop. Played the XBOX demo some time ago. Will defo get the PS3 version though.

Whoooop. Played the XBOX demo some time ago. Will defo get the PS3 version though.

You wont regret it, one of the best XBLA games ive played! I recommend all PS3 owners to make a purchase when its out!

Here's something for you:

I bought the UK-Version (I think it is the UK-Version...well, it's the PEGI-Version) of Borderlands which is incompatible with German DLC. I already paid money for Zombie Island to find that out. :blank:

Amazon is offering PSN dards from Austria.

If I create an Austria-account, use one of the PSN cards to download DLC for Borderlands (which should be the uncut version), will this work?

I don't know, but you have a lot of disposable income.

Not really, since I'm currently not employed and in about 5 months I'll hopefully be a student, which will leave me with less money. :hmm:

So actually, I don't want to spend some of my saved money without getting something in return.

If I create an Austria-account, use one of the PSN cards to download DLC for Borderlands (which should be the uncut version), will this work?

It should state in the item description on the Store which product code the DLC is compatible with. It'll be something like "BLES12345", with obviously the numbers being different, and you can find out which version you have by looking on the spine of your game's case.

Ive been playing a lot of MW2 on my PS3 this week and on occations been using my headset to talk with friends (the PS3 offical one). Ive noticed that everytime i talk for longer than a few seconds it cuts me off almost every time for a few seconds.

Do you reckon my headset is fucked or is it just MW2 being shit?

I know it sounds obvious but... try it on another game? ;)

Good point. I was tired when i wrote that post and it wasn't that i couldn't be arsed.... honest!

FFS our second ps3 has stopped reading disks. Utter tripe. We use it for play tv and watching movie content on in the living room. Kinda annoyed as it is out of it's warranty.

However, my ps3 is fine though and has an extended Gamestation warranty so tempted to do a swop. Trouble is, mine is 40gb and the broken one is 60gb. Anyone think I could get away with this?

I thought the Blu-ray drives were relatively easy and cheap to replace yourself. I would at least consider that, in case Gamestation keeps track of the serial numbers.

So what are the chances we'll get a new SSX for this generation? :)

I don't know. I don't care really, seeing as the first one hasn't been surpassed. If they remade the original in HD with trophies, I'd probably break down with joy. (As in I'd be fairly excited)

Mubi launching on PS3

At the moment, some of us are at the Cannes Film Festival announcing a major collaboration with SCEE for PS3. So, soon, you will find a new application on your console, which will let you stream the best of international cinema from the comforts of your couch. This is not a simple virtual videostore; we emphasize quality over quantity. You’ll find undistributed festival gems ripe for your discovery, your favorite recent independent and art-house releases. Names like the Coen brothers, Godard, Kitano, Almodóvar, Tarantino, and Van Sant are some we’ll bring home to you.

4617694965_ae7525b9b9.jpg

Sounds awesome.

Nope. £1 for a short. £3 for a film.

Free? lol

I hope this premium PSN subscription includes rentals from this and PSN and other stuff.

Had a mahoosive sesh of PS3 just then. From 7:10pm to 12:10am... I deserved it tbf with the amount of revision I've done recently. Back to work tomorrow though, at home this time.

Cheers to Rez for the awesome Uncharted bout, and Sheikah for the longest online Demon's Souls sitting I'm likely to have. Progress got halted by a complete douchebag and the way the online 'system' works in the game it was quite fiddly and annoying. Still, it's a funner and quicker way of romping through the game and getting tons of souls at the same time so all is good.

Oh, and:

Pixeljunk Shooter 2 has been announced and is apparently going to be 'bigger than the first game'.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1090929p1.html

Don't think I'll get it personally, the first was good but I don't think it was worth the price.

Edited by dwarf

Don't get Peggle

Was expecting white text when I read the above but didnt get any so here's some

Halo 3 Jetpacks as well apparently. I'm interested in seeing some gameplay, hopefully E3 could reveal some.

And hopefully Resistance 3.