N-Europe

The Great N-E Beverage of Choice!

Fierce_LiNk

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is, Smirnoff Ice is the same price as a pint give or take, and in fact, it's usually more, and you get half the alcohol, for effectively a half pint of lemonade but with a slightly foul taste. It's for people that get fucked off of 6 units, nothing to do with how it tastes; nobody drinks alcohol for the taste.

I do.

I don't care if they're seen as girl's drinks.

I like them.

They taste a hell of a lot better than beer.

You make an awesome point. I most definitely agree! (Also, my list is basically the same as yours :yay: ) Rum is awesome.

I've never liked the taste of beer tbh, it''s not horrible, just not my thing.

The point is, Smirnoff Ice is the same price as a pint give or take, and in fact, it's usually more, and you get half the alcohol, for effectively a half pint of lemonade but with a slightly foul taste. It's for people that get fucked off of 6 units, nothing to do with how it tastes; nobody drinks alcohol for the taste.

I sometimes drink alcohol for the taste. I can't always afford to get pissed.

I live of water.

When out boozing though it's anything goes. I'll drink anything that isn't wine or an alcopop (unless it involves strawpedo-ing it)

I sometimes drink alcohol for the taste. I can't always afford to get pissed.

I do too, a good Scotch Whisky or fine Vodka drunk neat. Highland Park, Monkey's Shoulder (both Whiskey) and Grey Goose (Vodka) are particular favourites of mine. Very nice :D Not to be rushed though...

All 3 are expensive (£30-ish a litre), so i tend to go with J&B (£15/litre) most of the time. Mixed with Coke to mask the (relative) crappyness (still better than Jack Daniels though, and cheaper)

It's for people that get fucked off of 6 units, nothing to do with how it tastes; nobody drinks alcohol for the taste.

I drink Smirnoff Ice, and I take a lot more than 6 units, I like it's taste, and the main reason I drink it is that I prefer it to, say beer, which makes me feel sick.

Yes, I know I like girly drinks, but I prefer WKD, Smirnoff Ice, and cider over beer or wine. Champagne is nice, in moderation, and I must give a special mention to Magners. I love the stuff! :D

It depends on the occasion.

With a nice meal, it has to be a good red wine (such as a Rioja). If I'm just out at the pub, then a pint of bitter (preferably a local ale, but otherwise Worthingtons ain't bad). At a jazz club I'll usually go for a gin martini, stirred, with an olive. On my lonesome? A little vermouth straight up (at the moment it's Martini Torino, which has a nice smoky flavour). If I'm just chilling out playing a decent game of poker with my friends I'll go for the vermouth.

For non-alcoholic drinks it's all about fruit juices. Or for true refreshment - water.

People just don't know how to drink anymore. Alcopops? Obviously drink just ain't your thing if you have to sweeten it up so much to tolerate it. May as well just enjoy a soft drink. There's no soul in drinking merely for the sensation rather than the taste.

It depends on the occasion.

With a nice meal, it has to be a good red wine (such as a Rioja). If I'm just out at the pub, then a pint of bitter (preferably a local ale, but otherwise Worthingtons ain't bad). At a jazz club I'll usually go for a gin martini, stirred, with an olive. On my lonesome? A little vermouth straight up (at the moment it's Martini Torino, which has a nice smoky flavour). If I'm just chilling out playing a decent game of poker with my friends I'll go for the vermouth.

For non-alcoholic drinks it's all about fruit juices. Or for true refreshment - water.

People just don't know how to drink anymore. Alcopops? Obviously drink just ain't your thing if you have to sweeten it up so much to tolerate it. May as well just enjoy a soft drink. There's no soul in drinking merely for the sensation rather than the taste.

Well said!

Also: Isn't it odd how Gin has disappeared off most people's drinking lists? Hardly anyone seems to drink it now, it's all about Archers, Bacardi, Smirnoff and Jack Daniels...

Well said!

Also: Isn't it odd how Gin has disappeared off most people's drinking lists? Hardly anyone seems to drink it now, it's all about Archers, Bacardi, Smirnoff and Jack Daniels...

Yeah, the only use it seems to get is with tonic. I think it's 'cos we've never really adopted the traditional cocktails over here (of which gin is a common base). You can hardly go ask for a gin martini down at your pub. But in the States, most bars would oblige you.

Tonight I've been introduced to saké. Conclusion: Balinese saké = heaven.

I tried some last week. Was horrible, but then again it was out of a supermarket so what did i expect :p £3.99 for a 330ml bottle!

I suppose it might just be down to me hating the taste of wine though, especially white wine.

I'll drink whatever is on offer really =P Although I do very much like Red wine and Gin (straight or with tonic). Cider of choice would be Strongbow, while Stella and Tiger are nice lagers. Hate white wine though and some alcopops are foul >_<

I tried some last week. Was horrible, but then again it was out of a supermarket so what did i expect :p £3.99 for a 330ml bottle!

I suppose it might just be down to me hating the taste of wine though, especially white wine.

Its so awesome in taste. :D

Tonight I've been introduced to saké. Conclusion: Balinese saké = heaven.

Saké is something i've been wanting to try for a while actually. Just not got round to actually tasting it yet.

Also had some nice chilled Ribena earlier, nothing like it :)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!