NEurope
Hero-of-Time

What Were Your Top 5 360 games This Year?

Its been another killer year for the 360 ( IMO ) and with all the big games just about out I was wondering what everyones top 5 releases were this year?

1, Call of Duty 4

2, Halo 3

3, Project Gotham Racing 4

4, Crackdown

5, Guitar Hero II/III

Honorable mentions:

GRAW2, The Darkness, DiRT, Virtua Tennis 3, Assassin's Creed (Chore)

I don't think I've played enough 360 games from this year for a full five, though it has been a most excellent year for video games all round.

My favourite of 07 has to be Mass Effect. It's not perfect, but the bits that don't work are only so apparent because of the stuff around that does work, and they work really, really well. It's obvious Bioware didn't get as much time on this as they wanted, with Microsoft "Studios" probably mailing them severed fingers from their loved ones until they got a guaranteed pre-holiday release. Though they clearly had to cut some content short, the epic all-encompassing sci-fi opera that Bioware promised is very much there and for that I give them my unremitting thanks. It's the sheer ambition and scope of this game that causes my jaw to drop just considering it, and then drop further still at how much of it they were able to successfully realise.

Bottom line: I am confident that by the end of the 360's life, we will all be looking at possibly one of the greatest sci-fi trilogy's of any medium.

1) Assassin's Creed

2) Halo 3

3) Mass Effect

4) PGR4

5) The Orange Box

This result is pretty heavily effected by expectations and the final product. For example, I don't think Mass Effect is as good as KOTOR and I was hoping AC would be good but I didn't think the gameplay would be as solid as it was and its the the game I get immersed in most while I'm playing. Also if you ask me again in a couple months PGR4 would almost definitely have climbed the list. Halo 3 was also a surprise, the whole online co-op mode made this game. I must have completed it 3 or 4 times. The more you put into it, the more you get out.

I've only played 7 games from this year, so based on those:

1. Call of Duty 4

2. Mass Effect

3. Bioshock

4. Assassin's Creed

5. PGR4

The other 2 are Forza 2 and Halo 3.

1. COD4

2. Guitar Hero 3

3. Halo 3

4. Assassins Creed

5. Dissapointingly Naruto.

Guitar Hero is the game I've been lookin forward to so much. Just to pick up and play for hours on end without worrying about making choices. Naruto, loss of Japanese voices until I finish the game and some other pretty bad things in the game still makes top 5.

I don't actually have 5 games yet... but if I counted the CoD4 Beta as a decent representation I could come up with a list. although in this list Blue Dragon would be at the bottom because I never played it. It's there, sitting pretty, boxed. The virgin game.

Anywho:

1. Oblivion

2. Call of Duty 4 Beta

3. Mass Effect

4. F.E.A.R

Mass Effect might be higher but I've only played about 3 hours of it...

1. The orange Box

2. Skate

3. Halo 3

4. Crackdown

5. GHII/III

This is only based on what i have played. Still got to catch up on all the games released in the past 6 weeks.

Bioshock is the winner for me.

Haven't played Assassins Creed, Mass Erect or CoD4 yet so I don't wanna do a top 5 right now.

Little bit of googiling later, I see 6 of the 7 games are actually 07 titles, so if pushed:

1.Mass Effect

2.Forza 2

3.Bioshock

4.Halo 3

3.Crackdown

Well Oblivion wasn't released in 2007 but I don't care. I first played it in 2007 and I don't think I even bought one game in 2006... so...

Probably something like

Call of Duty 4

Virtua Fighter 5

Guitar Hero 3

Project Gotham Racing 4

The Orange Box

1. CoD4

2. Halo 3

3. Guitar Hero 3

4. Shadowrun

5. Naruto: Rise of a Ninja

That was actually pretty difficult. GRAW2, Assassin's Creed, Crackdown and EDF2017 are also worth honourable mentions. A lot of the games i played this year were last years releases though, i could easily find 10 great games that i've bought from pre-2007 releases!

1. Guitar Hero III (Don't have it yet, but Number 1 was reserved for it!)

2. Call of Duty 4

3. Forza 2

4. Bioshock

I don't have a number 5, and my number 1 is a game I don't even own yet. How disappointing...

Wait, was GoW this year? it was wasn't it..?

nope, November or something, in 2006.

Well I only got my 360 this year, but my favourite games so far have been Bioshock and Crackdown, hands down. Haven't played AC or ME yet, so dunno how they are, but those two are definately up there in my personal favourites of all time.

Crackdown

CoD4

The Orange Box

Halo 3

Errr... probably Bioshock when I finally get it.

1. Call of Duty 4, by about 12 and a half miles.

2. Assassin's Creed

3. Crackdown

4. Bioshock

5. Halo 3 beta

I haven't played Orange Box, Mass Effect, or PGR 4 yet, but they look very, very good.

1 - Assassins Creed

2 - Colin McRae Dirt

3 - Forza 2

Thats all the 360 games of this year i have played, so thats the order i think they deserve so far.