NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hellfire

Reggie talks about Nintendo's strategy

Thanks for the thanks :P

Anyway, it really seems Nintendo has a lot more focus nowadays, they have a good strategy in my opinion, but I'm still unsure if it will work outside of Japan. I hope so.

Ya know I got a kick out of the latest comments on the PS3 and its frame rate. It is like 3X the rate that your eye can see a difference! I mean talk about overshooting consumer needs and creating an opportunity for a disruptor to come in and say "look at this different solution."
Heh. Well said Reggie. Well said.

im just glad nintendo informed us that everything is alright :) and everything is going to plan

They (Nintendo) are still hiding something from us and I am sure it is not the games they hold back from us the loyal fans.

Q: Is it just 1st party or will it be 3rd party as well [to download]?

A: Yes we will.

Yeah, 3rd party games too, that's great, should help the success quite a lot.

A: I don't know about a handheld device, but talk to me in May when we talk about details on the Revolution and the Virtual Console.

What is the Virtual Console, can someone please tell me or is it some secret device that will be revealed in the future?

Virtual Console is nothing special - it just means that the Revolution will host the past generation consoles too - virtually.

Basicly it means that the Revolution is also a Super Nintendo, Gamecube, ...

So are we gonna see the shell this year or what?!

Maybe at Shigsy's keynote on December 2nd.Either that or its final name will be shown me thinks.

ya know he said exactly what ive been saying, the videogame market isnt as helathy as analysts say it is. He basically confirmed what ive been thinking too, they have the safest strategy. Nintendo understands that people are now owning more than one console so they gone to extra legnths to position themself as the only second console worth having, and a worthwhile primary system. It just all remains to be seen if their plans come to fruition on paper its solid, and like he said sony's arrogance only makes their task easier, it will be a real shame if sony still has the largest marketshare coming out of the next gen. Simply because they dont care about games or gamers.

Its interesting how all their ideas, and aims all managed to fit within a sound business plan, where as most people were saying they had their backs against the wall and were trying something desperate.

The only thing i wish hed commented on was piracies effect on the industry.

The way he says it makes it sound like perfect sense. I'm pretty confident that their strategy will work now :)

All this is nothing if they can't market it.

This, I feel, is true. This needs to be marketed really well. No poor attempts like they've done with past consoles (albeit the DS campaign was decent).

good read that was and im wondering what the info will be in may,(hopefully release date will be before that),go reggie

They have a great strategy and I hope they do everything possible to make it work. The marketing this time has got to be spot on and support for this revolution in gaming must be extremely solid.

Sign in to follow this