Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that Transformers (and this one) really set the bar high, special effects wise. They are truly spectacular. As in, they look real.

So when films like Wolverine, that are also meant to draw in the big bucks have seriously subpar special effects, it's justa poor show.

Doesn't redeem them as films though.

Did any of Michael Bay's ideas on this make it into Transformers? I'm still yet to watch it.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155700

Skip M. Night's bullshit to about a minute in. Then enjoy Mel Gibson too.

To be fair 'Megan Fox has fallen over' is a good caption.

With a subcaption of "Rackadoodledoo."

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

6/10 'ey...

Well the first film got a 7/10, but for me it was a 9+/10 and is one of my favourite films;

so maybe this one won't be as good but should hopefully still be really enjoyable.

Totally man. I've been avoiding the looooong trailers for Transformers, and I'm really really looking forward to Friday now. :)

I have to say that Transformers (and this one) really set the bar high, special effects wise. They are truly spectacular. As in, they look real.

So when films like Wolverine, that are also meant to draw in the big bucks have seriously subpar special effects, it's justa poor show.

Doesn't redeem them as films though.

Holy shit, that was a positive comment about Transformers. *Feels all warm inside*

:)

Totally man. I've been avoiding the looooong trailers for Transformers, and I'm really really looking forward to Friday now. :)

Holy shit, that was a positive comment about Transformers. *Feels all warm inside*

Is it out this FRIDAY!!??... I thought it was out July 4th or something!! :bouncy:

I've avoided the trailers aswell, the only one I've seen is Superbowl one with the rolling contructicon at the end.... even made the effort to look at the ground when they showed one before Star Trek!

Saw the first TV advert last night though, which I kinda half watched, half looked away!

Edited by Retro_Link

I'm SURE I've mentioned it before. But yeah, the effects are great. Everything is now about the same quality as the first one, but still. Good there. However, it's a case of too much of a good thing.

Also, the long trailer is so melodramatic. Like random intercuts of a blakc screen, then Megan Fox holding her hands over her mouth in terror, then black, then Shia yelling "RUN! YO UHAVE TO RUN!!!" or something. Then explosions. Then black.

No Batman 3 for Nolan?

Although the conventional wisdom has been that Christopher Nolan would be back to direct Batman 3 after helming his next film, Inception, the rumor mill now suggests that Nolan's involvement with the sequel to The Dark Knight might not be a given after all.

A trusted industry source for Batman-on-Film claims that it is going to take a herculean effort on the part of Warner Bros. to sell Nolan on doing a third Bat-film, confirming an old rumor that the studio has indeed compiled a short list of replacement candidates. So why is Nolan reportedly iffy on directing the film?

"The death of Heath Ledger in January of 2008 rocked Mr. Nolan hard. So hard that Chris was convinced that TDK was going to be it for him and Batman on film," according to BoF's source, adding that the Joker was envisioned as the villain in the third film.

The source also informed the site that BoF is "correct in reporting that (Nolan) is developing story ideas with [Jonathan Nolan] and David Goyer, but it will be until AT LEAST 2012 before we see the Caped Crusader back [in theaters]. And that is only an EARLY ESTIMATE at best right now. They are even saying it might not be until 2013."

BoF's source went so far as to say that, as of now, there is no story for Batman 3.

Taken From IGN

I think Nolan would return for a quality third.

Personally, I think they should do a loose adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns. An older Bruce Wayne returns from obscurity to a troubled Gotham, wages one last war on crime and forms The Sons Of Batman at the end.

I think Nolan would return for a quality third.

Personally, I think they should do a loose adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns. An older Bruce Wayne returns from obscurity to a troubled Gotham, wages one last war on crime and forms The Sons Of Batman at the end.

That would definately be interesting but I think it would need to be maybe Batman 4 or further because im interested to see what they plan to do with Batman being seen as a villian now first.

well in TDKR he is hunted by the police. Gordon retires and his replacement rides in on a wave of anti batman campaigning. It'd fit.

Yeah I know, I just think it would feel like too far of a jump into the future too fast.

I guess its possible it could be done in the future, with Batman remembering whats happening after Dark Knight, kind of mirroring whats happening with his current return.

An older Bruce Wayne returns from obscurity to a troubled Gotham,
He wasn't Batman upon his return, but that's what they did in Batman Begins.

He's still needing to fight crime in the city, despite it turning against him, so I can't see why he would have abandoned it.

It's predictable yes, but I think they will tackle his redemption in the third.

Or at least if Nolan is on board he will want to close out his trilogy in some way [as it would be his last], and then he can flee from Batman all together!

I wouldn't mind if they left it. The curse of the threequel isn't necesarily going to spare Batman, and it's not like there's any loose ends. Batman has always been mistrusted by the police/fired at with guns after just defeating a villain etc, so it's not a big change for the character (the end of TDK).

Better leave it and try something new (like TDKR) than continue it directly, badly.

Things is though, they are absolutely going to make a third film either way, with or without Nolan. The films have been to much of a success, and Bale's signed up for three.

So I think the most important thing is they give Nolan his time on this one, instead of rushing on with someone else. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a 2013 release date; and would actually be a good thing, being a year after the rush of Marvels movies we've got coming up!

That just confused me majorly. I googled Bastardi Senza Gloria and found a trailer, and to my surprise Brad Pitt was speaking italian. Alas no, it was dubbed. I thought Bastardi Senza Gloria was too awesome a name for a Tarantino movie. Sigh.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!