• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. Sounds interesting.

I am potentially the only one who cares, but Disney and LEGO are teaming up for

Toy Story

Cars

and

Prince of Persia.

Its said to be for LEGO and Duplo, so I imagine POP will be LEGO and the other two Duplo, but hopefully they might be both. LEGO Toy Story sounds kinda cool.

Just found a more in depth press release.

Cars = Duplo

POP = LEGO System

Toy Story = Both.

YAAAAYYYY!!! Toy Story LEGO. Awesome.

In "the ghost of rumors past" news, Moviehole is floating the name of the "How I Met Your Mother" actor Neil Patrick Harris as being ready to suit up in the crimson spandex, being considered alongside the afore-rumored Scott Porter.

CBR.

It should be Michael Rosenblum.

In "the ghost of rumors past" news, Moviehole is floating the name of the "How I Met Your Mother" actor Neil Patrick Harris as being ready to suit up in the crimson spandex, being considered alongside the afore-rumored Scott Porter.

CBR.

It should be Michael Rosenblum.

I take it you actually mean Michael Rosenbaum?

'The Fugitive' to get remake treatment

Warner Bros is planning a remake of its 1993 Harrison Ford hit The Fugitive.

The movie focused on Dr. Richard Kimble as he fled from Tommy Lee Jones's federal agent while attempting to prove that he didn't murder his wife. It grossed more than $360 million at the worldwide box office and spawned a sequel, US Marshals.

No director, star or writer is attached to the project as yet since the studio is in the early stages of development, according to Production Weekly.

The Fugitive was itself based on a '60s TV series. The property was revived again in 2000 for a short-lived show with Tim Daly taking on the role of Kimble.

Taken From Digital Spy

Why????????????????????????????????????????

'The Fugitive' to get remake treatment

Taken From Digital Spy

Why????????????????????????????????????????

Not even 20 years old, already being remade...

The sequel was (unofficially) U.S. Marshalls. Not sure if it was an actual sequel or not, but it did feature Tommy Lee Jones, again.

Yeah its defo a sequel.

Ridiculous though. Barely 15 years old and its getting a remake? Why anyway. First one is fine....its not even iconic/definitive/thought of etc like

BIGGERST aetWTF ever. Just...WHY. Literally WHY.

CAN YOU NOT THINK OF A NEW IP. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Wow, Slumdog Millionaires been hugely over awarded at the Oscars.

Have the results been announced? I hope that teenager from Slumdog doesn't get an Oscar - he was rather wooden, especially compared to the younger hims.

I've still got a few more films to watch , but so far my choice is The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Here is the list of winners if anyone wants it. :) (from BBC)

Best picture: Slumdog Millionaire

Also nominated: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button; Frost/Nixon; Milk; The Reader

Best director: Danny Boyle - Slumdog Millionaire

Also nominated: Stephen Daldry - The Reader; David Fincher - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button; Ron Howard - Frost/Nixon; Gus Van Sant - Milk

Best actor: Sean Penn - Milk

Also nominated: Richard Jenkins - The Visitor; Frank Langella - Frost/Nixon; Brad Pitt - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button; Mickey Rourke - The Wrestler

Best actress: Kate Winslet - The Reader

Also nominated: Anne Hathaway - Rachel Getting Married; Angelina Jolie - Changeling; Melissa Leo - Frozen River; Meryl Streep - Doubt

Best supporting actor: Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight

Also nominated: Josh Brolin - Milk; Robert Downey Jr - Tropic Thunder; Philip Seymour Hoffman - Doubt; Michael Shannon - Revolutionary Road

Best supporting actress: Penelope Cruz - Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Also nominated: Amy Adams - Doubt; Viola Davis - Doubt; Taraji P Henson - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button; Marisa Tomei - The Wrestler

Best original screenplay: Milk

Also nominated: Happy-Go-Lucky; Wall-E; In Bruges; Frozen River

Best adapted screenplay: Slumdog Millionaire

Also nominated: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button; Doubt; Frost/Nixon; The Reader

Best animated feature film: Wall-E

Also nominated: Bolt; Kung Fu Panda

Best animated short film: La Maison en Petits Cubes

Also nominated: Lavatory - Lovestory; Oktapodi; Presto; This Way Up

Best foreign language film: Departures - Japan

Also nominated: Revanche - Austria; The Class - France; The Baader Meinhof Complex - Germany; Waltz With Bashir - Israel

Best documentary feature: Man on Wire

Also nominated: The Betrayal; Encounters at the End of the World; The Garden; Trouble The Water

Best documentary short subject: Smile Pinki

Also nominated: The Conscience of Nhem En; The Final Inch; The Witness - From the Balcony of Room 306

Art direction: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Also nominated: Changeling; The Dark Knight; The Duchess; Revolutionary Road

Costume design: The Duchess

Also nominated: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button; Australia; Milk; Revolutionary Road

Make-up: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Also nominated: The Dark Knight; Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Cinematography: Slumdog Millionaire

Also nominated: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button; Changeling; The Dark Knight; The Reader

Best live action short film: Spielzeugland (Toyland)

Also nominated: Auf der Strecke (On The Line); Manon on the Asphalt; New Boy; The Pig

Visual effects: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Also nominated: The Dark Knight; Iron Man

Sound editing: The Dark Knight

Also nominated: Iron Man; Wanted; Slumdog Millionaire; Wall-E

Sound mixing: Slumdog Millionaire

Also nominated: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button; The Dark Knight; Wanted; Wall-E

Film editing:Slumdog Millionaire

Also nominated: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button; The Dark Knight; Frost/Nixon; Milk

Best original score: Slumdog Millionaire

Also nominated: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button; Defiance; Milk; Slumdog Millionaire; Wall-E

Best original song: Jai Ho - Slumdog Millionaire

Also nominated: Down To Earth - Wall-E; O Saya - Slumdog Millionaire

Slumdog Millionaire is a good film I just I don't think it should have won the Oscar. I cannot judge properly yet as I haven't seen Milk or the Wrestler but it just doesn't feel it stands up to say No Country for Oldmen of last year.

Also Wall-e was robbed. :p Surely it should have won some type of sound award? at least it won best animated film. :yay:

Have the results been announced? I hope that teenager from Slumdog doesn't get an Oscar - he was rather wooden, especially compared to the younger hims.

100000million% agree, he was shit. Well he wasn't shit, it just wasn't any kind of outstanding performance in the slightest. It was literally the textbook definition of ;

"What did you think of this guys performance"

*Shrug*

He didn't win though,....the winnar was...

Sean Penn for Cream.

As Coolbeanz said above....LULZ

Pretty good results I felt. I haven't seen Slumdog, but that's just me not being too interested. I probs will eventually.

I do find TDK winning Sound Editing ridiculous though, being one of the few films that noticeably needed better sound editing last year...

Good on Kate Winslet, Heath Ledger etc.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!