Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117981219.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

The comic book series "The Boys" is being made into a movie. My reaction:

"HAHAHAHAHA WOW just WOW!"

This could possible be great or a massive fail, mostly because if they can get away with the stuff that´s in the comic then it would be great but I highly doubt it, I mean if they actually allow all the stuff that´s in the comic appear in the movie I´ll die a happy man.

Also if you haven´t read "The Boys" you should, if your into dark humored immesnly violent comics.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as they use nice-sounding Scottish accents, I'll be fine with it. Sometimes I find they think a really annoying glaswegian accent is the best thing, when we can all agree that one would in most cases prefer Edinburg..ian(?), or at least a joke sqeuaky one from the north.

I really hope The Bear And The Bow doesn't paint a really cliched and stereotypical picture of Scotland.

Well it appears to be set in old-time Scotland;

BearAndTheBow-designs.jpg

So modern Scotland (you know, the backward thinking drunks :P) are probably going to get off....scot free (had to pun).

Can people please stop going to watch shit like this so that they'll finally stop making them?

They're cheap shit - the fact that they can churn out 3 a year is proof of this.

I know I know - just don't watch em, and I don't. But this no-talent-to-make stuff really gets on my nerves

I haven't seen one of those utter peices of crap since "Date Movie"

I loved the Scary Movie series, well, 4 was abit shit, but the first three were hilarious.

Oh and on a slightly related note, anyone heard of Anna Faris' new movie? House Bunny.

Looks like a laugh, and I LOVE Anna Faris :D

I Love her! Always have done, she's just so awesome in everything I've seen her in. She's sort of ditsy in a good way. I can't wait for that.

--

Also, I have to admit, the trailer for "disaster movie" made me giggle.

Anna Faris is great. :heart:

I love her more than ReZ, Haggis and TK combined! :p

I've wanted to see The House Bunny for a while, it looks funny to me. :D

Though I do not like the look of disaster movie at all. First of all why they have parodies of films like Juno, Sex and the City and even Kung Fu panda in there when It's called Diaster Movie I don't know....

and secondly all the jokes in their trailer only require for them to have watched the trailers of the other movies and it is all the obvious jokes! :)

Henry in Boise, Idaho: Bring back my Bluths! Any update on the Arrested Development movie? Haven't heard a peep since Jason Bateman said they were working on it.

According to his onscreen mama, Jessica Walter, it is moving forward. "I was told it's going to film next year. That's what I hear," she said and then added with a laugh, "and they better include me, or I'll put a bullet in my head!" Of course the biggest hurdle is the scheduling: "That’s been the problem in the past, to try and get everybody together at the same time. But we are aiming for next year, and I hope it can all be worked out—I miss those people, I miss the writing." Don't we all, Lucille. Don't we all.

Cancel this new 90210 and make the gorram movie instead! :p

Wanted 2 news.

Millar's Plans For Wanted 2

Scribe writing original movie story.

by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, September 1, 2008 - Mark Millar has spilled the beans to Newsarama about his plans for the sequel to his Wanted adaptation.

He reiterated his pledge not to write a comic book sequel to the original miniseries, saying, "That six issues were the end."

Instead Millar said he would write some new original storylines that fit into the film's universe, but that will also use some of the elements from the original comics that didn't find their way into the first movie.

"It will be some of the stuff that we didn't utilize from the first book for the movie - like chapters three and four - there will be some stuff from that," said Millar, "so in the loosest sense it will be based on the book, but only very little."

Director Temur Bekmambetov, scribes Michael Brandt and Derek Haas, producer Marc Platt and star James McAvoy are already signed up for the sequel.

Erm...fucking sweet. Millar being onboard, means the film will definitely be freaking sweet.

Who Ya Gonna Call...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/907/907937p1.html

Ghostbusters Back in Business

Office scribes set to script for original cast.

US, September 4, 2008 - After a two decade absence, the Ghostbusters finally appear ready to return to the silver screen. Columbia Pictures has tapped the Emmy-nominated writing team of Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky (co-executive producers of The Office) to pen the screenplay.

What's more, Variety reports that the new script will be "for a film designed to bring back together the original cast of Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson." (There were rumors years ago that Ghostbusters 3 would revolve around a younger set of GBs instead.)

The trade adds, "No deals will be made with the original cast until the script is ready, but the gross percentage will certainly be an issue. Sony has a standing policy not to allow more than 25% of first dollar gross out the door."

Harold Ramis recently directed the Sony comedy Year Zero, which was scripted by Eisenberg and Stupnitsky.

Awesome news!!

But OK, so how old are the cast now?

No...aparantly theres going to be a "Spy Movie"...Fanfuckingtastic..should have stopped at Scary Movie 1

Turtles 25th Anivasary news too: Turtles the Directors cut:

http://the-5th-turtle.blogspot.com/2008/08/take-on-me.html

Steve Barron, director of the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, recently had this to say in an email to a Warner Brothers rep: "...there has been quite a lot of blogging about a director's special edition of the first movie, particularly in the light of its impending 25th anniversary. I would be very keen to contribute to this idea if you thought it a good one. I have lots of original artwork and even a rough cut with a few extra scenes on tape. I think it would be nice to do a definitive release as the extras have always been very limited."

Great idea, innit? If you think so, spread the word, blog it, discuss in forums, get WB to pay attention.

You realise the "Scary Movies" and this recent glut of "Movie" films don't have the same writers/director don't you? (Bar maybe a one or two). I really enjoy the Scary Movie films but all these recent random ones are bollocks.

They've ruined any chance of the next Scary movie being a success by having it seem like it's related to all these spoof films.

You realise the "Scary Movies" and this recent glut of "Movie" films don't have the same writers/director don't you? (Bar maybe a one or two). I really enjoy the Scary Movie films but all these recent random ones are bollocks.

They've ruined any chance of the next Scary movie being a success by having it seem like it's related to all these spoof films.

Agreed, the 4th one was a bit shit, but the first 3 were hilarious.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!