N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jesus fucking christ how many Saws are they intending to make?

I didn't even see 1 lol

Snap. What do you expect, every crappy horror film has 12 sequels!

On a serious note why the hell is their so many sequels these days. Back in the 80s/90s only the top bollocks of films were made into trilogies (with a few exceptions). Now every piece of crap film seems to have two sequels.

Snap. What do you expect, every crappy horror film has 12 sequels!

On a serious note why the hell is their so many sequels these days. Back in the 80s/90s only the top bollocks of films were made into trilogies (with a few exceptions). Now every piece of crap film seems to have two sequels.

They have sequals because they make money, simple.

Actually, the majority rarely do. Hollywood is just run by phenomenal idiots. Titanic very nearly never got made because producers felt that audiences didn't want to "see a film set on water."

Apparently worldwide revenue for Hollywood productions are down 27% this year. Some have blamed the "Halo 3" effect attracting audiences elsewhere. Just about everyone else blames the complete drek they keep shovelling out.

Anyone else getting kinda tired of movies based comics? I´ve found most of them pretty dull...

One thing i´m not sure if i should like or hate is that most of the mainstream comics have covered and made into a movies and have theyre sequels incoming. An it´s like theyre taking more obscure comics and making movie adaptions of them for example, Watchmen and The Doom Patrol are getting

theyre own movies.

Both good comics but i´m worried that they will be dumped down to appeal to the mainstream audience.

Especially Doom Patrol, if they can pull a succesfull movie out of it by sticking hard to the comic i´ll cry tears of joy