Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And weren't the 3 bournes part of a book? More than that, they're just making up stuff.

Kinda... they're 3 separate books, wich are direct sequels to each other, titled just like the movies.

And then there's two sequels, titled The Bourne Legacy & The Bourne Betrayal, wich were written 10 years later by a different writer, wich supposedly are ok, but not as good as the first 3. Wich is why I think it's a bad idea to be having a fourth Bourne movie...

Plus, Identity and Supremacy's flaws are all worth watching through, if you plan on watching Ultimatum, wich is superb.

Kinda... they're 3 separate books, wich are direct sequels to each other, titled just like the movies.

And then there's two sequels, titled The Bourne Legacy & The Bourne Betrayal, wich were written 10 years later by a different writer, wich supposedly are ok, but not as good as the first 3. Wich is why I think it's a bad idea to be having a fourth Bourne movie...

Plus, Identity and Supremacy's flaws are all worth watching through, if you plan on watching Ultimatum, wich is superb.

I think I agree with you there. Really wasnt too keen on one and two, but three is very good and easily EASILY the best.

I think I agree with you there. Really wasnt too keen on one and two, but three is very good and easily EASILY the best.

One and Two are good action, but provide no closure story-wise... Only Ultimatum was really a great movie, a fantastic package, perfect action, good story with nice closure. In a nutshell: an action classic.

As I understand it the bourne films are vastly different from the books anyway. As in the pretty much just share titles and the OMG I DON'T KNOW WHO I AM theme.

yeah the only one of the films which resembles the books at all is the first one

I mean the 3rd book is all about Bourne facing off against the Jackal :)

This has probably already been posted but I only just found out:

A movie version of TV show The Mighty Boosh is in the works.

Stars Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt have signed a deal with BBC Films to bring the cult series to the big screen.

The show focuses on friends Vince Noir (Fielding) and Howard Moon (Barratt), who embark on a series of magical adventures.

BBC Films editor Christine Langan told Variety: "Noel and Julian are phenomenally talented, there's an existing, very loyal fan base, and the project has huge potential."

The pair are currently working on a script for the movie, which is likely to begin filming early next year.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a89287/mighty-boosh-movie-confirmed.html

This has probably already been posted but I only just found out:

A movie version of TV show The Mighty Boosh is in the works.

Stars Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt have signed a deal with BBC Films to bring the cult series to the big screen.

The show focuses on friends Vince Noir (Fielding) and Howard Moon (Barratt), who embark on a series of magical adventures.

BBC Films editor Christine Langan told Variety: "Noel and Julian are phenomenally talented, there's an existing, very loyal fan base, and the project has huge potential."

The pair are currently working on a script for the movie, which is likely to begin filming early next year.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a89287/mighty-boosh-movie-confirmed.html

OMG! THANK GOD! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

This is going to be one of the best films ever. FUCKKK!

New Line Cinema Is Dead (Sort of)

This is all down to the string on flops they've had, with the final nail in the coffin being The Golden Compass.

This afternoon, Time Warner is announcing that New Line will become a unit of Warner Bros. This is, of course, a very difficult and emotional time for all of us who have worked at New Line. While there is not much we can say that can lessen the impact of this announcement, we did want you to know about the decision before you read about it in the press.

New Line will maintain its own identity and will continue to produce, market, and distribute movies. But New Line will now do so as part of Warner Bros. and will probably be a much smaller operation than in the past. Time Warner hopes that operating New Line as a unit of Warner Bros. will allow New Line to focus on the creative side of movie-making, while reducing costs and taking advantage of Warner Bros.' distribution systems. The company will be holding group meeting with New Line employees tomorrow in Los Angeles and New York to discuss this announcement, and is committed to letting employees know as soon as possible about how this change affects them individually.

For our part, we will be stepping down as Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOS of New Line. This was a painful decision, because we love New Line and the people who work here have been like our second families. But we will be leaving the company with enormous pride in what all of us at New Line have accomplished together. From its humble beginnings 40 years ago, our studio has created some of the most popular and successful movies of all time. Those movies are a tribute to the amazing creative energy and entrepreneurial abilities of the talented people at New Line. They are a legacy that will endure forever.

Although we are stepping out of New Line, we intend to remain actively involved in the industry in an entrepreneurial capacity, and will keep you advised of developments.

We thank all of you who have worked so hard to make New Line such a success. We are very proud of every one of you.

Bob & Michael"

All the Watchmen characters look horrid. There's no way they're going to capture anywhere near the spirit of the book. Alan Moore will once again be pissed off with Hollywood.

Maybe Rorschach. He seems to be ok. Good choice of actor too. But yeah, Alan Moore will, and rightfully so.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!