Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

I dunno, I think a bunch of green aliens from outer space... that will surely look something like that green dude in the Dragonball movie... is something I really don't want to see in this movie!

Just read Ultimates! :grin:

Original Skrulls:

Fantastic%20Four%20002%203.jpg

ULTIMATE SKRULLS (mid-transformation):

MUL011.jpg

Obviously in modern times, the normal skrulls have been written very well and fleshed out, but I agree they would be odd in the film... the chi'tauri are much more in line with things like the Xenomorphs from Alien. (IIRC)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get ready for a 'Roller Coaster Tycoon' movie

screenshot_02(1).jpg

Remember the golden years of the Tycoon computer games? Floppy disks that you inserted into the A hard drive and you played on a giant computer monitor? Well Sony is proving that Hollywood is truly running out of ideas and is working on producing a Roller Coaster Tycoon movie.

That’s right a Roller Coaster Tycoon movie. Maybe its because Dino Tycoon would of looked like Jurassic Park, or a Civilization series would have been too much like A History of the World Part 1, but moviegoers can take comfort knowing that the film will be produced by Sony’s animation department.

According to The Hollywood Reporter’s Heat Vision blog, director Harald Zwart (director of Sony’s upcoming summer film The Karate Kid) will be the tycoon to this project and joins screenwriters David Ronn and Jay Scherick (Paul Blart Mall Cop).

The film with be a live-action/CGI hybrid. With films like Battleship and the Monstercalypse, it was bound to get to this. It is really hard to imagine what this film could really be since it is a game about starting off with literally nothing to building a mega amusement park. Resource management games may be fun, but it doesn’t lend itself to being a game that should be adapted into a movie. It doesn’t help that the movie’s screenplay was written by the same people who gave us Paul Blart Mall cop.

I digress, maybe this isn’t a rag to riches story, this could be a fun story, I also remember as a kid, running two roller coaster cars together and off the tracks as well. However seeing that it is writtern by the Paul Blart Mall Cop people, and it was picked up by Sony Animation, it would be hard to believe that the film would be about crashing cars. I can’t imagine this being a fun movie for those who were trapped upside down in a roller coaster once or twice in their lifetime.

Update

First Details Emerge For ‘Rollercoaster Tycoon’ Movie

First Details Emerge For ‘Rollercoaster Tycoon’ Movie

A couple of weeks ago it was announced that a movie based on the video game Rollercoaster Tycoon is being made. At the time we didn’t know anything of the plot or what form it would take, other than it will be some sort of live-action/CGI hybrid.

However, now we have the first details about what sort of movie Rollercoaster Tycoon will likely be. The details come from the guys over at Cinema Blend, who hada chance to talk to Harald Zwart (The Karate Kid remake), the exec producer and possible director.

A couple of weeks ago it was announced that a movie based on the video game Rollercoaster Tycoon is being made. At the time we didn’t know anything of the plot or what form it would take, other than it will be some sort of live-action/CGI hybrid.

However, now we have the first details about what sort of movie Rollercoaster Tycoon will likely be. The details come from the guys over at Cinema Blend, who hada chance to talk to Harald Zwart (The Karate Kid remake), the exec producer and possible director.

You’re not alone in wondering what sort of plot there could be for a movie based on a video game where you build your own theme parks and elaborate rollercoasters. Well, what Zwart describes sounds like it’s in the same vein as a certain blockbuster franchise about inanimate objects springing to life. Have a read at what Zwart said:

“Well we had a pitch, a story– it’s basically a theme park comes to life… We had a story woven into the theme park of the Rollercoaster Tycoon, and that’s what we sold to Sony, and that’s what we’re hoping to make into a movie… Just the idea of taking a ride like in Disneyland and the rides suddenly come to life, [or] you’re able to step off and stay behind when everybody else had gone.â€

Harald-Zwart-Rollercoaster-Tycoon.jpg

The obvious early comparison is that it sounds like Night at the Museum – “Night at the Theme Park,†if you will (™ Screen Rant 2010 ). I actually had major reservations about a Rollercoaster Tycoon movie, but I must admit that ain’t a half bad direction to go in (I’m surprised it never came to mind when the project was first announced). The first Night at the Museum (not so much the second) was a lot of fun and I’d be up for a similar situation set within the kid’s paradise known as a theme park.

Links http://screenrant.com/plotdetails-emerge-rollercoaster-tycoon-movie-ross-61863/ and http://www.examiner.com/x-3421-LA-Movie-Examiner~y2010m5d13-Get-ready-for-a-Roller-Coaster-Tycoon-movie

Official Synopsis Revealed For Green Lantern Movie

A little more than a year away from the release of Green Lantern, it appears as if the official synopsis for the highly anticipated Warner Bros. film has hit the Internet.

Comic Book Movie has the information on the Martin Campbell-directed adaptation, courtesy of promotions company Allied Integrated Marketing. Here’s the meat of the synopsis:

In a universe as vast as it is mysterious, a small but powerful force has existed for centuries. Protectors of peace and justice, they are called the Green Lantern Corps. A brotherhood of warriors sworn to keep intergalactic order, each Green Lantern wears a ring that grants him superpowers. But when a new enemy called Parallax threatens to destroy the balance of power in the Universe, their fate and the fate of Earth lie in the hands of their newest recruit, the first human ever selected: Hal Jordan.

Hal is a gifted and cocky test pilot, but the Green Lanterns have little respect for humans, who have never harnessed the infinite powers of the ring before. But Hal is clearly the missing piece to the puzzle, and along with his determination and willpower, he has one thing no member of the Corps has ever had: humanity. With the encouragement of fellow pilot and childhood sweetheart Carol Ferris (Blake Lively), if Hal can quickly master his new powers and find the courage to overcome his fears, he may prove to be not only the key to defeating Parallax … he will become the greatest Green Lantern of all.

Green Lantern stars: Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan; Blake Lively (Gossip Girl) as test pilot and aviation-company heir apparent Carol Ferris; Peter Sarsgaard (An Education) as scientist Dr. Hector Hammond; Mark Strong (Sherlock Holmes) as Jordan’s mentor Sinestro; Jay O. Sanders (Revolutionary Road) as aircraft designer Carl Ferris; Temuera Morrison (Star Wars Episodes II and III) as Jordan’s alien predecessor Abin Sur; Taika Waititi (The Flight of the Conchords) as Hal’s friend Tom Kalmaku; Angela Bassett (What’s Love Got to Do with It) as government scientist Amanda Waller; and Tim Robbins (Mystic River) as Hector’s father Sen. Robert Hammond.

http://www.spinoffonline.com/2010/05/30/official-synopsis-revealed-for-green-lantern-movie/

Josh Holloway courted for major Marvel role.

josh_holloway-1.jpg

Marvel is in talks with Josh Holloway from Lost. Avengers News says they’ve been told that Marvel is discussing an unspecified ‘lead role’ in an equally unspecified upcoming Marvel film. This isn’t too hard to believe — now that Holloway is free from any commitment to Lost, you’ve got to expect that he’ll be cruising for possible feature roles. But while a big role in a summer film might be attractive, will Holloway want to follow six years of being tied to Lost with a big multi-film contract with Marvel? Depends on what other offers and talks he’s a part of right now.

Na that was debunked fairly swiftly.

Personally I think they're both...mediocre choices for the role (assuming it is pym) as they're too charismatic for him. Pym should be a bit more...almost like Dr Who actually. Brilliant thinker, outside the box and kind of nervously hyperactive he thinks so fast. He's basically a mad genius playing at hero.

As much as I love Fillion, I'm quite glad. It just doesn't seem right putting him in the role of a scientist.

Jukebox repair man, space captain, author, scientist. Natural progression. I believe its how Dawkins came to be.