Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

I was surprised at the amount of times the writer used a variant on the word "sexual".

At no point in the movie did "Hit Girl" and "sex" come into my mind together in the movie.

I thought it was enjoyable but not a 10 star. But I don't see any detrimental effects on society resulting from this film.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Phillip Morris' shelved indefinitely in US

Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor's controversial comedy I Love You Phillip Morris has been shelved indefinitely in the US.

The film's Stateside distributor Consolidated Pictures Group confirmed to the Los Angeles Times that they have postponed the release of Phillip Morris, which stars Jim Carrey as a gay con artist who falls in love with his prison cellmate (Ewan McGregor).

Despite festival screenings at Sundance and Cannes, and a March 17 cinema release in the UK, CPG has pulled the plug on a planned April 30 US theatrical debut.

It is unclear if the film will make it to the big screen at all in North America or go straight to DVD and Blu-ray.

Phillip Morris made headlines last year when some US distribution firms declared their unease at its explicit gay sex scene between Carrey and McGregor's characters

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a213435/phillip-morris-shelved-indefinitely-in-us.html

Has Spidey Been Cast?

Sony is said to have found their new web-slinger and it's a candidate who has been rumored from almost the moment the Spider-Man reboot was announced.

HitFix reports that teenage actor Logan Lerman, star of Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief, is now the "frontrunner" to play the new Peter Parker for director Marc Webb and Columbia Pictures. The site's production source claims "Lerman is 'almost 100% locked' but not in contract negotiations for the role yet." Of course, no deal is 100% locked until a contract is signed. Lerman himself acknowledged in February that he was in the running to replace the screen's previous wall-crawler, Tobey Maguire.

In addition to playing the title role in Percy Jackson, Lerman's film credits also include 3:10 to Yuma, Gamer, The Number 23, and The Patriot.

percy-jackson-lerman1_1270948921.jpg

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/108/1083028p1.html

I havent actually seen him in any movies that I know of so I cant really comment but I guess he doesnt look too bad for a younger Peter Parker.

Urr...what?

51N6SsDpvzL._SS500_.jpg

Apparently one of those lame parody films (eg Superhero Movie etc) which features 'jokes' such as:

- The chest-waxing scene now includes the removal of nipples.

- The name on the infamous fake ID is now McAnalovin

- A timely To Catch A Predator joke (with a guy who looks more like Ryan Reynolds than Chris Hansen)

- Someone who looks like Dr. Phil in the trailer (even the real Mr. McGraw has standards)

- Police Officers named Beat and Yo'Ass

- Impersonators of the Verizon "hear me now" and the Dos Equis "most interesting man in the world" pitch men.

- A recreation of the naked fight scene from Borat.

- Older couples having sex on the lawn and talking about "tossing salad" and "reach-arounds"

- McAnalovin, a la Slumdog Millionaire, jumping into a pool of excrement.

- The drunk drive from Virgin includes more reckless driving (by Mircea Monroe's vagina) and extra vomit.

Edited by Ashley

Urr...what?

51N6SsDpvzL._SS500_.jpg

Apparently one of those lame parody films (eg Superhero Movie etc) which features 'jokes' such as:

- The chest-waxing scene now includes the removal of nipples.

- The name on the infamous fake ID is now McAnalovin

- A timely To Catch A Predator joke (with a guy who looks more like Ryan Reynolds than Chris Hansen)

- Someone who looks like Dr. Phil in the trailer (even the real Mr. McGraw has standards)

- Police Officers named Beat and Yo'Ass

- Impersonators of the Verizon "hear me now" and the Dos Equis "most interesting man in the world" pitch men.

- A recreation of the naked fight scene from Borat.

- Older couples having sex on the lawn and talking about "tossing salad" and "reach-arounds"

- McAnalovin, a la Slumdog Millionaire, jumping into a pool of excrement.

- The drunk drive from Virgin includes more reckless driving (by Mircea Monroe's vagina) and extra vomit.

Wait....

So....they've parodied films that are already straight out comedies. You can't just say "McAnalLovin" and call it humour.

What is this? They've parodied direct scenes that are already funny. Like the chest waxing scene...like...I just...??????????

Whedon is going to direct 'The Avengers'

Marvel Studios is wrapping up a deal for Whedon to helm "The Avengers," which assembles the superheroes in one pic on May 4, 2012, that Paramount will distrib. Whedon will also rework Zak Penn's script.

"The Avengers" would star Robert Downey Jr. (as Iron Man), Chris Evans (Captain America), Hemsworth (Thor) and Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury). Edward Norton may also return as the Hulk.

"Iron Man 2" bows May 7, followed by "Thor" on May 6, 2011, and "The First Avenger: Captain America" on July 22, 2011. Paramount will distrib.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118017689.html?categoryId=13&cs=1

Could be great. As long as they get a good team in it. Along with those guys, if they're doing Ultimates, they should have Giant Man and Wasp...and Hawkeye would be quite cool too. I would jizz if they included Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, and acknowledged their relationship to Magneto in some way.

I assume Black Widow will die/be evil/dissappear in Iron Man 2, so won't be in the Avengers.

I will be very surprised if this ends up being being something more than average.

Not because of the director, but because this will be a film based on the origin of several other films that have not yet started being shot yet and this has a date of 2012.

There is also the fact that there will be a lot of main characters struggling for screen time.

I'm just talking myself down here, I am extremely excited for this and want this to be the best thing.

Joss Whedon rewriting 'Captain America'?

Joss Whedon is in talks to rewrite the script for Marvel's The First Avenger: Captain America.

According to Pajiba, the Dr. Horrible creator has been tapped to polish the upcoming superhero movie's screenplay.

Earlier this week, it was reported that Whedon is in final negotiations to direct Marvel's Avengers movie and to rewrite that film's script.

Marvel Studios has yet to comment on the claims.

The Dollhouse producer has written for the Marvel comic books Runaways and Astonishing X-Men.

The Captain America movie hits US cinemas in July 2011. The Avengers is scheduled for a May 4, 2012 release.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a214634/joss-whedon-rewriting-captain-america.html

Not sure what I think about this, few years ago I probably would have been really happy but now after Dollhouse and possibly problems with the Wonder Woman script (though I cant say for sure about that) I just dont have the same faith in Whedon as I used to.

but now after Dollhouse and possibly problems with the Wonder Woman script (though I cant say for sure about that) I just dont have the same faith in Whedon as I used to.

Just curious, did you watch season 2 of Dollhouse?

The main problem with season one was that Fox told Whedon to stretch the first episode into six episodes.

Yes ive seen all of Dollhouse and while some of it was good it still did have problems. One thing ive noticed with Whedon is that he always manages to blame the network for things going wrong and rarely takes any blame himself. Yes im sure it didnt help having Fox do that but he could have made it better than it was.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!