Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it isn't. You get to pay (even) more for the same content through darker lenses (don't you fucking deny it!!! 3D glasses make everything darker!) with a slight bump in "OOMPH!" value. 3D is a complete gimmick!

This is one of my main problems with it. I just HATE that its getting added to things that DO NOT NEED IT.

Cartoons and stupid shit, fine. But not GL and HP.

No it isn't. You get to pay (even) more for the same content through darker lenses (don't you fucking deny it!!! 3D glasses make everything darker!) with a slight bump in "OOMPH!" value. 3D is a complete gimmick!

Then they should do what Avatar does and bump the saturation.

I don't see why people are so anti 3D. Done properly, it takes nothing away and if you want to see a film in 3D it adds a nice layer of depth and a bit of fun to the experience. I really enjoyed the effect in Avatar and it really enhanced the film.

I don't see why people are so anti 3D. Done properly, it takes nothing away and if you want to see a film in 3D it adds a nice layer of depth and a bit of fun to the experience. I really enjoyed the effect in Avatar and it really enhanced the film.

I did love Avatar and the 3D was done well....but.

A) You have to wear glasses (I know I wear glasses anyway) but its something that you're aware of through the film. Its more difficult to feel immersed.

B) Darkening. Particularly bad on Up. I sat in the middle and the corners of the screen were dark.

C) And stuff. Etc.

Even in Avatar, it was darker than it should've been!

Want to know why I'm so anti 3D? Because I'm being forced to watch films with a quality which I personally consider inferior and paying more to see them. If I had a choice I wouldn't complain, but the fact that I get to be stuck with "least for more" isn't making me happy at all, and contrary to what you say, it does take something away... it takes 2 Euros away. And unlike you lucky fucks, I don't get the "option" not to watch in 3D... I'm forced to... there is no alternative! So, yeah, I feel like I'm being robbed!

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/107/1073848p1.html

Avengers Screenplay Done

Cap, Iron Man, Thor and the rest are that much closer to assembling.

US, March 3, 2010 - When we spoke to War Machine actor Don Cheadle a couple of weeks back, he told us that he didn't know if he was going to be in The Avengers movie or not -- and that in fact it didn't even have a script yet.

Well, that was then and this is now.

Marvel Comics editor-in-chief Joe Quesada has tweeted about the matter, confirming that screenwriter Zak Penn has just turned in his first draft for the film. Specifically, here's what he has to say: "Definition of 'goose bumps.' Pressing enter and watching a screenplay entitled "AVENGERS" come out of my printer."

Penn has worked on the stories for The Incredible Hulk, X2, and X-Men: The Last Stand. The Avengers is scheduled for release in the summer of 2012, so don't worry -- there's still plenty of time for more drafts!

The fact Penn had any involvement in X3 is a bit disconcerting! Edited by Retro_Link

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!