N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate Orlando Bloom.

I love Kiera Knightley, so I can't tell if she was bad or not.

Johnny Depp was good in them...but I wasn't amazed. He was the most entertaining. I honestly can't remember the story/what happened in the last one. I know Calypso tturns into a giant swarm of crabs. That's it. I liked that bit.

Johnny Depp was good in them...but I wasn't amazed. He was the most entertaining. I honestly can't remember the story/what happened in the last one. I know Calypso tturns into a giant swarm of crabs. That's it. I liked that bit.
That was the worst bit IMO. The story just turned completely random in the third film.

I remember watching the first Pirates film with my ex. I didn't like it, felt really bored watching and just didn't really care about what was happening or going to happen. So, in the end, I convinced her to have sex. When we finished, the film was over and we watched something else. Robin Hood Prince of Thieves I think.

I saw the second film in the cinema, and thought that was ok at best. It's just a very ordinary film, nothing special about it, except maybe Johnny Depp. The films are too long for what they are, though. Just too long. Yeah, they look great, Keira is hot, so is Johnny. Yeah, some parts are a little amusing. But, there's something that doesn't feel right about it with me.

Is that why you hate Shrek too?

I think I've phrased that incorrectly. I don't hate that everyone loves it (it annoys me, but thats not a reason to dislike something) I don't like how he's just really not that good, and its only because he's portrayed by Johnny Depp that he's so praised.

Shrek is....a good character. A very good character actually. Donkey is an awful horrible character, and I just hate the Shrek films in general. 1 is okay. People just quote them like they're funny.

If you're going to quote a funny film, quote Anchorman or Airplane! if its not either of those films then don't even bother.

If you're going to quote a funny film, quote Anchorman or Airplane! if its not either of those films then don't even bother.

The world would be a better place if people stopped quoting Anchorman. Such a mediocre film.

Blake Lively cast in Green Lantern

According to Variety, Lively has been cast opposite Ryan Reynolds. Production starts in March for the movie. Lively's character Carol Ferris is a pilot and the girlfriend to Hal Jordan (aka the Green Lantern).

In the DC Comics universe, Ferris is also sometimes the adversary of Jordan when the Zamarons crown her Star Sapphire and send her to do battle with the Green Lantern. We hope that aspect of the character is a part of the movie -- it would make Lively's character so much more interesting than just the girlfriend role.

CarolFerris.PNGblake-lively.jpg

Seems The CW's/Schwartz's effort to get her breasts noticed have worked.

Guessing she'll wear a wig as her hair is 95% of who she is, wouldn't imagine her changing that.

No idea who Blake Lively is, but I kinda like the idea of her in the role. She has a studious face, that means she can pass as Carol (who IIRC is like some businesswoman/owned a airstrip or something) and in the future as Star Sapphire.

Oliver Stone's next project: To put Stalin, Hitler, Mao in perspective

Oliver stone TCA -- Director Oliver Stone's upcoming Showtime documentary miniseries "Secret History of America" promises to put mass murderers such as Stalin and Hitler "in context."

"Stalin, Hitler, Mao, McCarthy -- these people have been vilified pretty thoroughly by history," Stone told reporters at the Television Critics Association's semi-annual press tour in Pasadena.

"Stalin has a complete other story," Stone said. "Not to paint him as a hero, but to tell a more factual representation. He fought the German war machine more than any single person. We can't judge people as only 'bad' or 'good.' Hitler is an easy scapegoat throughout history and its been used cheaply. He's the product of a series of actions. It's cause and effect ... People in America don't know the connection between WWI and WWII ... I've been able to walk in Stalin's shoes and Hitler's shoes to understand their point of view. We're going to educate our minds and liberalize them and broaden them. We want to move beyond opinions ... Go into the funding of the Nazi party. How many American corporations were involved, from GM through IBM. Hitler is just a man who could have easily been assassinated."

The controversial director's 10-part documentary series for Showtime promises to focus on events that "at the time went under-reported, but crucially shaped America's unique and complex history of the last 60 years." Subjects in "History" include President Harry Truman’s decision to drop the atomic bomb on Japan and the origins of the Cold War with the Soviet Union.

"You cannot approach history unless you have empathy for the person you may hate," Stone said during the show's trailer, which promised to put historical villains "in context." "I don't want to put out conventional History Channel product where it's easy to like it."

"He's not saying we're going to come out with a more positive view of Hitler," emphasized professor Peter Kuznick, the lead writer on the project. "But we're going to describe him as a historical phenomenon and not just somebody who appeared out of nowhere."

Stone said that conservative pundits will dislike the show.

"Obviously, Rush Limbaugh is not going to like this history and, as usual, we're going to get those kind of ignorant attacks," said Stone, who also also compared the experience of sympathizing with war criminals to making his "W" movie about George W. Bush. "I'm trying to understand somebody I thoroughly despised."

Stone also warned that the same military industrial complex forces that he's explored in movies such as "JFK" and in "Secret History," are now corrupting Barack Obama.

"You can understand why Obama is following in Bush's footsteps in Afghanistan," Stone said."Obama is very much trapped, we believe, in that system. And so that's what we're going to try and show you -- the way it works."

The project will also show lesser-known positive aspects of American history and unsung heroes. Stone eventually hopes to send "Secret History" to schools as a teaching curriculum.

"It would be a very different counterweight to what they're learning," Stone said. "Nobody is going to force it down anybody's throat."

A critic also asked Stone "the Sarah Palin question" of what he likes to read.

"My father was a voracious New York Times reader," he said. "We consider that in The Middle. Sarah Palin would disagree."

'Arrested Development' the movie to start filming this year, says Will Arnett

"We are working on the movie right now, yeah . . . We don't have a completed script yet, but it's forthcoming and we're going to make the movie this year."

Though he couldn't guarantee a 2010 release, Arnett says the Bluth brood will be back in front of the camera before the year's end, and it sounds like their comedic chemistry is sharp as ever.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/2010/01/11/2010-01-11_arrested_development_the_movie_to_start_filming_this_year_says_will_arnett.html

2be20d91.gif

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-gb&vid=1c926727-c033-446b-96ae-8de78badb75f&playlist=videoByTag:tag:movies_2010:ns:Gallery:mk:en-gb:vs:1&tab=s1204298895071&from=homepage_slideshow

A-Team Trailer. Haven't got any sound on this PC in the office, but looking at it, it looks pretty crap. :/

Hollywood, why must you rape my childhood so? I begged you to stop after the first Transformers movie, but you still go on... please stop... I don't want you to... no....

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!