N-Europe

Majora's Mask

Stocka

Don't you hate it when you get to the boss room and theres still one or two stray fairies. Back to the entrance of Snowhead Temple I go, to comb back up through it.

Yes, that is something i hate. Always check to make sure i have them all before entering the boss room.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. It's "Euphemism"

2. That's not what an euphemism is :heh:

3. The links are broken (both the embedded and the actual link)

4. I've heard of it, actually. It's a a series of videos (not sure if it's a full-blown hack or clever editing of minor hacks) that turn Majora's Mask into a much creepier game (like having a Link statue stalk you incessantly, or inexplicably putting Link into all sorts of disturbing scenarios. Like a trippy nightmare)

Intriguing idea, even if not my cup of tea.

I read about it ages ago. It was pretty chilling to begin with but then it just feels too forced after a while and loses its freakiness.

Read this in the dead of the night: http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Ben_(Aka_Haunted_Majora's_Mask)

Quiet eerrily (Jonnas spellchecker pls;), nothing appeared on that website...:/ Some of the vids are seriously demented in a lol way but some of the inverted tunes and the Happy Mask Sellsmans laughter kind of sticks...

Ah here's the description: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/majoras-mask-creepypasta-ben-drowned#.TfOh0f15mc0

I do think it's effective. They take some aspects of MM that are already intrinsically creepy and turn them up to eleven, including some meta-horror on top. It's genuinely captivating and frightening, watching those videos.

Btw, it's "eerily", but far from me to be so pedantic to correct minor spelling mistakes.

What griped me was your misuse of "Euphemism", which is most definitely not the word you were looking for. You wanted "phenomenon" or "meme" or something similar. "Euphemism" just means the same thing as "understatement".

I'm currently playing through MM for the first time, and I'm loving it! It took me a while to get used to the 3 day cycle system, but once you do, this game is magical. I've just beaten Snowhead Temple, and got my sword reforged. Hopefully, this will tide me over until SS is released.

You shouldn't have done that...

Sleepless nights? :heh:

I'm currently playing through MM for the first time, and I'm loving it! It took me a while to get used to the 3 day cycle system, but once you do, this game is magical. I've just beaten Snowhead Temple, and got my sword reforged. Hopefully, this will tide me over until SS is released.

Its such a great game. It could well do more than tide you over until SS comes out - Majora's Mask could become your favourite Zelda game ever. Enjoy! :grin:

I'm actually almost jealous that you've just been introduced to MM now! Wish I was! Really, it's a gem... Filling up the bombers notebook with each event, getting the mask.... Ahhhh enjoy! :(:)

Truth be told, I only said that because "Understatement" is often translated to Portuguese as "Eufemismo" (Euphemism), because it really is the only word we have for it.

Roughly speaking, both words use the same principle, differing only in context, and explaining it further would derail the thread. Which is why I won't continue.

You know what I hated about Majora’s Mask?

This little (well, “little”) motherfucker:

200px-MM_Takkuri.png

After reading this thread, I remembered my first encounter with the jackass. It actually managed to hit me, and I think it stole a bottle. And it actually managed to get away with it! I certainly tried taking it down, but I wasn’t fast enough. So, without my precious bottle, I panicked (can you imagine if it had stolen my sword), and I hit the reset button, not knowing if it was permanent, and not a clue how I could get it back (and even now I know, I’m definitely not paying for something I already own :rolleyes:). Ever since, I took pleasure in hunting it down for some major cash whenever I was on my Rupee rolling sprees.

I also never knew what was up with the lone guay flying around town, which never attacked. Just read on a wiki what it’s purpose was.

And people hate Tingle? :shakehead

Anyway: Best Zelda EVER!

Yeah, Tingle in WW and MM. Over-pricy twit indeed.

There is something about Majoras Mask which makes the game awesome, probably the dark story and the character profiles.

You know what I hated about Majora’s Mask?

This little (well, “littleâ€) motherfucker:

200px-MM_Takkuri.png

See this is why I will always prefer the cartoony-anime-esque style of OOT and MM - just look at that, uh, "mother fucker"; look how simple yet disturbing it looks but seemingly full of character. TP's realistic design made such creativety devoid. Everything was too LotR-like.

On another note, another reason why I love MM; The numerous ways Link can auto-jump, he doesn't just jump, but also performs front-flips and somersaults.

:love:

The Snow Temple was awesome!

Goht is one of the best Zelda bosses ever created!

I also never knew what was up with the lone guay flying around town, which never attacked. Just read on a wiki what it’s purpose was.
What are you refering to? I can't remember.

See this is why I will always prefer the cartoony-anime-esque style of OOT and MM - just look at that, uh, "mother fucker"; look how simple yet disturbing it looks but seemingly full of character. TP's realistic design made such creativety devoid. Everything was too LotR-like.

On another note, another reason why I love MM; The numerous ways Link can auto-jump, he doesn't just jump, but also performs front-flips and somersaults.

Agreed on TP graphics!

And YES the first time I saw Link's new jumping animations at the very beginning of the game, jumping up those large tree trunks to the entrance of Termina... Love indeed! So cool!!

Edited by Retro_Link

Having recieved OOT in the post this morning and seeing just what an incredible update they've done... it's exceeded all my expectations... just makes me want a Majora's Mask remake now!... As I always felt MM was slightly held back by the N64 hardware at the time... all the colours and architecture/the style of the game seemed a little bit clunky/jaggy etc...

Edited by Retro_Link

The graphics never bothered me, I thought it looked great at that time.

Agreed on TP graphics!

I disagree. But then I enjoy some bleaker settings. But I saw Twilight Princes’s style as a natural evolution of the style of Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask (as opposed to Wind Waker (and don’t get me wrong, I loved that style as well)). Just because you are too scared of those Twilight freaks, doesn't mean the game lacks charm ;).. You can't tell me you don’t think those goats are cute! I always pet them. But anyway.

Yup, loved that as well. Just like Retro, it was the one thing I first noticed in the game, the amazing cool way he learned to jump between games apparently!

The Snow Temple was awesome!

Goht is one of the best Zelda bosses ever created!

He was cool, but far too easy. But then I guess most of Majora’s Mask’s bosses are. I wouldn't put him at the top.

What are you refering to? I can't remember.

The little bird enemies.

200px-MM_Guay.png

There was one that never attacked, it flew by himself, directly outside town, along the walls in circles. It was a mystery to me at the time. I usually left him alone. It seems if you played a song, it would drop rupees.

Having recieved OOT in the post this morning and seeing just what an incredible update they've done... it's exceeded all my expectations... just makes me want a Majora's Mask remake now!... As I always felt MM was slightly held back by the N64 hardware at the time... all the colours and architecture/the style of the game seemed a little bit clunky/jaggy etc...

100% agree i've always loved MM i'd love a remake, but better yet i'd like a full remake including the missing 3 days/dungeons that were originally planned

we'd need something since there is no Master Quest!

the whole music and atmosphere was so much more dark than a zelda, and it had some of the most memorable tunes, the intro music alone is amazing!

it was the one thing I first noticed in the game, the amazing cool way he learned to jump between games apparently!

He was cool, but far too easy

The first thing I noticed was during the intro where you see Link sitting in Clock Town, casually dangling his legs... and his feet swing too! That for me was the mindblowing power of the expansion pak right there! :o

100% agree i've always loved MM i'd love a remake, but better yet i'd like a full remake including the missing 3 days/dungeons that were originally planned we'd need something since there is no Master Quest!

Is there a Zelda game that doesn't have missing dungeons?

100% agree i've always loved MM i'd love a remake, but better yet i'd like a full remake including the missing 3 days/dungeons that were originally planned

we'd need something since there is no Master Quest!

the whole music and atmosphere was so much more dark than a zelda, and it had some of the most memorable tunes, the intro music alone is amazing!

It doesn't need 3 more dungeons, it's perfect the way it is. I find the 4 dungeons works well with the 3 day time limit.

It doesn't need 3 more dungeons, it's perfect the way it is. I find the 4 dungeons works well with the 3 day time limit.

it was originally a 7 day time limit with a dungeon per day! i'd just love to see what they cut out,

they usually put the planned dungeons in the next zelda so we may have already seen them, but info on the original 7 dungeons is thin on the ground