Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Someone hold me quickly.

I just had a conversation with Patrick Wolf about Joanna Newsom, and how I'm going to dress up as him for the QueerFest.

Please grant me permission to post Ophelia. Actually don't, because that would be an understatement of my current state. I feel like I'm post-really-good-sex; all shivery.

It feels like I've already refunded my £178 joining fee. I would gladly trade that material money for the photo I now have with him (although it looks like I'm creeping up behind him, because he turned to answer a question when it was taken).

I love the fact he didn't play any of his famous songs either. He played Enchanted, Peter Pan, Blackdown and Pigeon Song. And he spoke at length about Hans Christian Anderson, and The Tinderbox and The Seven Swans which left me in the quicksand.

stunned[/i]. That means most of you."]

ophelia.jpg

That costume, to use a Two And A Half Men quote, is rated G. Ayy Wai.

I did! I did it to my mate at work today because he looked sad, so I did it to cheer him up. Turns out he wasn't sad. But he became very happy.

You were drawing sniper scopes because of your lack of having Modern Warfare, had to cover them up when the boss arrived and it suddenly looked like a dong?

That's an amazing explanation, because it's mine. But what's yours? :kiss:

That is pretty sweet, Mr. Driver of Chairs. Well done.

I don't know what I'd do if I ever met a celebrity or a famous male or female. I'd probably ask if they were alright, how they were, and then mumble shit. Actually, that happens with everyone.

Thanks.

He was really down to earth, but also so knowledgable about music, so it felt he deserved to be there. Someone asked about classical musical influences and he talked for a bit about minimalism and how his taste in music was frowned upon at the music college he went to, because it wasn't the done thing.

He's really really interesting in general. And he spoke about his image, which was quite interesting - I can't remember what he said, I was still reeling from the mention of Bjork at that point.

Is he wearing a dress?

No, just massive short-y things, and a waistcoat. Not really the best angle to see it properly though.

I love how, at the request of Magpie, he said "I would, but someone would have to fill in for Marianne". Yes, I will.

Morning lecture of okayness. Spent most of it twiddling my thumbs. Lunch with other staff members...they're all boring/annoying. Start of a science lecture (upon lecturer's request) then breaktastic break. Did some Maya-ing. Then evening lecture.

Bumped into hot colleague though, always a bonus :D

Handed in an assignment for a friend as she's repeating a module and lives 30-odd miles away and didn't want to drive in just to hand in an assignment. I text her asking for the word count (as you have to put it on the cover form) and she didn't respond so I guessed at 1,500(ish) then five minutes later she text saying 1,000. So I had to go back and speak to the assignment people and pretend I had got muddled up with assignments and put the wrong word count on it and even though the assignment was correct I didn't want to be penalised. Then they asked for my student card and I said "umm I've forgot it" and they asked for anything with my student number and I said no and offered to tell them it. So I prattled it off and she searched through the assignments and there was one close to it, so I faked number dyslexia and told them other details and she let me have it back to change it. Its a good thing I can play ditz so well :p

Edited by Ashley

Guest Stefkov

Spent 4 hours waiting for the Home Delivery Network this morning. They didn't come which made me rage so I went and played Modern Warfare 2.

Now I check the online thing and it tells me my post code is wrong, which it's clearly not.

I hadn't even heard of the Home Delivery Network and I hate them so very much. Depot is in Leeds. Fuck that. The whole point of home delivery is that you deliver it to me, whilst I'm at home.

Is that what you do now; just wait for post?

Or is it that's all you want to talk about: Your anger at the postal services?

My day has been a little bit lazy, watching the Intelligence Squared debate, I advice you watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvZz_pxZ2lw

The topic: Is the Catholic church a force for good in the world?

Stephen Fry and Christopher Hitchens v. Archbishop John Onaiyekan and Ann Widdencombe.

Guest Stefkov
Is that what you do now; just wait for post?

Or is it that's all you want to talk about: Your anger at the postal services?

I wait for these books which should maybe help with my future. I haven't bought anything in ages online.

Yes, postal services suck.

It's only the early hours of the day but it's already ruined. Halfiax has thought it'd be fine to charge me £20... for nothing. I haven't been past my overdraft limit, I've just been very close. I've been very close before and they didn't charge me.

I'm going to a branch tomorrow to lay the smackdown, Halifax piss me off I'm thinking of changing. Any banks good with regards to foriegn stuff, like paying online in foriegn currency or taking money out abroad, etc (if the latter even matters/counts).

Edited by Stefkov

Spent 4 hours waiting for the Home Delivery Network this morning. They didn't come which made me rage so I went and played Modern Warfare 2.

Now I check the online thing and it tells me my post code is wrong, which it's clearly not.

I hadn't even heard of the Home Delivery Network and I hate them so very much. Depot is in Leeds. Fuck that. The whole point of home delivery is that you deliver it to me, whilst I'm at home.

Claire just started complaining about the Home Delivery Network as I read this post.

Are they new? Sounds like they such hardcore balls.

Who's looking forward to my new YouTube Webshow?

Who's looking forward to my new YouTube Webshow?

Can't you just not put out as many really random/pointless/disappointing/cringe-worthy things every week and store up your juices for one good thing a month? :kiss:

Editing is such an important skill in life.

I'm in that mood where I keep typing out a reply to a thread, then just hitting Back on the browser because I realise I'm being offensive/cynical/a dick/angry.

Done it about four times with this post. Nobody cares so it's ok.

I do that all the time!

I type out hundreds of replies in this forum but never post them for one reason or another.

Such a sad life I lead.

I think it's literally the only thing worse than actually posting on a forum...

My day though: Good programming lesson, a good chat for 2 hours with a couple of guys about 3D stuff, got home and found out my girlfriend got into this student exchange program and is off to an American University for a few months, ate some good hummus and now - by use of avoiding a full stop - have typed in a block of text.

Amazing.

Home this afternoon from college for more drawing. God, I've done so little of worth for this research component, and it's being graded (bit stupid but anyway) tomorrow. Other people have done so much. Have to do loads today and tonight. Gah.

I'm getting worse at drawing.

I'm in that mood where I keep typing out a reply to a thread, then just hitting Back on the browser because I realise I'm being offensive/cynical/a dick/angry.

Done it about four times with this post. Nobody cares so it's ok.

I care! If you aint' gonna post it. PM me!

I'm most interested.

As I say, it's multiple instances in multiple threads. I just need to chill.

Got a train down to brighton yesterday. Went to visit someone in rehab. because all-too-aware that I probably need to book myself a month there, only - lols - I can't afford it.

Went to the Pav Tav with my old mate, met a couple more dudes there and bumped into a few old skoolers and familiar faces, which is always nice. Went upstairs to Guerilla Rocks, which was shite. I mean, back when it was The Pit it was so-shit-it's-good, but now it's trying to be all trendy. It's a caricature of a turd. With crap for testicles. Or something.

A subsiding hangover and a faltering friend means today is pretty grey and deserted, for now. I've booked my coach home tomorrow (wee 7 hours on a bus), and I... words fail me. I want to be home, playing my xbox, because I have nothing to do here until 7.30 tonight. But once I get home I'll just want to be back here. It's not really a holiday or anything, either, as it's such a brief break - if anything I'm just gonna feel more knackered and broken.

*sings smallville theme*

As I say, it's multiple instances in multiple threads. I just need to chill.

Got a train down to brighton yesterday. Went to visit someone in rehab. because all-too-aware that I probably need to book myself a month there, only - lols - I can't afford it.

Went to the Pav Tav with my old mate, met a couple more dudes there and bumped into a few old skoolers and familiar faces, which is always nice. Went upstairs to Guerilla Rocks, which was shite. I mean, back when it was The Pit it was so-shit-it's-good, but now it's trying to be all trendy. It's a caricature of a turd. With crap for testicles. Or something.

A subsiding hangover and a faltering friend means today is pretty grey and deserted, for now. I've booked my coach home tomorrow (wee 7 hours on a bus), and I... words fail me. I want to be home, playing my xbox, because I have nothing to do here until 7.30 tonight. But once I get home I'll just want to be back here. It's not really a holiday or anything, either, as it's such a brief break - if anything I'm just gonna feel more knackered and broken.

*sings smallville theme*

Ohhh I miss the Pav. Perhaps not the prices though, I love how cheap it is up here. I'm still yet to find a really nice pub here, granted I haven't really looked but The York just doesn't hit the spot.

My day has been ok so far I guess. Two lectures, then a completely useless tutorial with my completely useless tutor. We do all this work, and are expected to hand it in on mondays for what?! So he can put a big fat useless tick on page 1 of many. He doesn't even mark it, just acknowledges that it's been given in. Then he just goes through everything, even the uselessly easy concepts that no one needs help with. We're planning an intervention to whoop his good for nothing arse in to shape.

Now I need to do some more tutorial work, although with how it's going at the moment I see no point in doing so as I gain nothing from it.

I might have another tea.