NEurope

Ugh, I wish I was back on campus atm, life at home is boring as fuck and drinking is expensive :(

I hear that brutha.

It's amazing with these university kids. They make it sound like a chore, despite volunteering themselves [and possibly paying] for it.

[i have little doubt I did similar]

At least there's some sort of reason then! Seems like a simple admin error that should be pretty easy to sort out. Has anyone else had the same thing happen? As long as it's just you everything should be ok... Hopefully!

Yeah just been talking to my friend and he had something similar where his payslip said he owed over a thousand pounds' date=' apparently because HR had the wrong tax code. In the end he got the money back and a massive rebate. Think that could be what's wrong with mine, possibly have the wrong code; I'm sure I've been paying too much tax for ages now. A big rebate would be so sweet, I can live in hope, lol.

Its that new pay scheme where you have to be a good worker to get paid....

I'm amazing.

Edited by Molly

Five months off? Man lucky people. =(

*jealous*

I don't finish until mid or end of June, and then start again mid-September. =(

Yeah just been talking to my friend and he had something similar where his payslip said he owed over a thousand pounds, apparently because HR had the wrong tax code. In the end he got the money back and a massive rebate. Think that could be what's wrong with mine, possibly have the wrong code; I'm sure I've been paying too much tax for ages now. A big rebate would be so sweet, I can live in hope, lol.

you should look in to it! No harm in asking, especially under the circumstances.

I'm amazing.

that too :heh:

gateway to work thing wasnt as bad as i expected. a few chavs in there, but most are pretty alright, just keep quiet till they can get let out. there is one guy whos a twat mind, keeps swearing and trying to be funny. he has all the wit of a face tumor, and is actualy more irritating to be stuck with. id like to hold his face in acid till he melted.

im fairly sure im the most educated person in there, i also seem the most classicaly intenlegent, and im pleased to say im the best looking buy a bit. i respect the staff, they say "if you want a job, your in the right place, if you dont, just keep quiet and you'll still get your dole"

ive been told im very employable, and that my team was the best performing in an activity we did. we followed instructions and comunicated well. knob head got told straight away that if it was a group interview. hed not get the job.

im actualy fairly confident these guys can get me a job. im making sure i oarticipate, follow instruction and when possible, take the lead to show my quality.

i realise i sound vey arrogant, but its just fact. if youd seen the class youd agree.

I managed to avoid going to that place. Didn't seem worth my time so I pulled a few cards out and got shifted to another scheme where I only have to chat to my advisior for a bit every month or so about the weather. She's pretty cool.

One thing.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

I'm done. Finally...FINALLY, got Ibiza fully booked and sorted. When my mum put the phone down, I just grabbed her and gave her a massive hug. Massive weight of my shoulders. Cannot wait. :D

Edited by Slaggis

I managed to avoid going to that place. Didn't seem worth my time so I pulled a few cards out and got shifted to another scheme where I only have to chat to my advisior for a bit every month or so about the weather. She's pretty cool.

i have that too. my advisor is a decent sort, wish we were close enough for me to call him a wanker and him to call me dole scum :(

It's amazing with these university kids. They make it sound like a chore, despite volunteering themselves [and possibly paying] for it.

[i have little doubt I did similar]

Wha?

I'm just happy that my constant, every night being devoted to work, has a break. I don't think I'd class myself as an average student, with drink and so called "fun". Instead I go home and tell myself I'm shit and that I better learn how not to be SHIT.

Erm... Yay for end of year 1!

Man. I've been reading about google being evil. It made me sad.

Then I tried to order pizza a coupla times and I have idea if I've paid or even ordered once or twice, or if at all.

Bum.

I also have no more uni for 5 months as of today!

*high five*

One month of work then a year and a half of no work! :bouncy:

Unless you count teaching English in China as work, which i dont... not yet anyway!

One month of work then a year and a half of no work! :bouncy:

Unless you count teaching English in China as work, which i dont... not yet anyway!

Three weeks of Uni and then... unemployment! :bouncy::heh:

Uh oh! Razziatoire won't be happy...Tori Amos just postponed her show tonight to May 11 due to illness.

Uh oh! Razziatoire won't be happy...Tori Amos just postponed her show tonight to May 11 due to illness.

Omg, no way! He'll be so pissed. Totally should be in the music thread, but he linked me to some live performances she did and I loved them. I may be slowly becoming a fan.

--

I need to be doing revision...but, I just can't be arsed. Sex and The City is utterly addictive, I hate the hold trashy American tv-shows have on me. Oh, and apparently by this new guy coming on the holiday, he's aggrivated his friends because apparently they were planning on going somewhere. WHY IS THERE ALWAYS A PROBLEM!

Edited by Slaggis

Haha. Our fridge broke down like...Wednesday last week, and we only noticed last night. All the food has basically gone off - it was 20degrees C before we even noticed! :D

I did wonder why the milk was turning funny somewhat quickly! :woops:

My mum blackmailed the people she's buying the fridge off - saying we needed it next day cause of my medications. Harhar. I love being used in evil blackmail plots :D

The wee travel fridge we have as a stopgap is making so much freakin' noise. I had a headache when I left work and its not getting any betterrrr >_<

It is but a scratch. I love the fact that she's postponed it to a way more convenient and probably warmer/dryer date. Also this is the first time in her 20 year career that she's ever had to cancel for illness, so knowing her she'll put on one hell of a "I'm so sorry!" performance. So in a way I'm rather happy!

In other news, the rain has metaphorically washed away my worries and I'm feeling peculiarly dapper today! High five!

EDIT: Reading that back, I must apologise for my brief albeit acute case of exclamation mark-atitis.

It is but a scratch. I love the fact that she's postponed it to a way more convenient and probably warmer/dryer date. Also this is the first time in her 20 year career that she's ever had to cancel for illness, so knowing her she'll put on one hell of a "I'm so sorry!" performance. So in a way I'm rather happy!

Postponed

May 19, 1998 - Newport, UK (postponed to June 28 due to ??)

July 31, 1998 - Poughkeepsie, NY (postponed to November 13 due to illness)

August 15, 2003 - Rochester Hills, MI (postponed to August 18 due to power blackout)

April 27, 2009 - London, UK (postponed to May 11 due to illness)

Canceled

June 6, 1998 - Paris, FRA (canceled due to ??)

June 28, 1998 - Newport, UK (canceled due to ??)

August 19, 2003 - Interlochen, MI (canceled due to vendor disagreement)

:woops:

Postponed

May 19, 1998 - Newport, UK (postponed to June 28 due to ??)

July 31, 1998 - Poughkeepsie, NY (postponed to November 13 due to illness)

August 15, 2003 - Rochester Hills, MI (postponed to August 18 due to power blackout)

April 27, 2009 - London, UK (postponed to May 11 due to illness)

Canceled

June 6, 1998 - Paris, FRA (canceled due to ??)

June 28, 1998 - Newport, UK (canceled due to ??)

August 19, 2003 - Interlochen, MI (canceled due to vendor disagreement)

:woops:

Well I was informed otherwise. You certainly seem intent on dampening one's day. Something we should know?

EDIT: Oh right, you didn't get tickets in the first place. Slam.

Edited by Razz

Well I was informed otherwise. You certainly seem intent on dampening one's day. Something we should know?

Oh no..it wasn't meant to be mean or anything! :sad:

I just read that little list earlier today. Wasn't trying to make you look stupid or whatever. I never knew she'd cancelled due to illness before personally. (Since she's done a few while ill that weren't very good)

Not been a great day so far, cut my finger pretty badly at work with a knife. Spent the last 4 hours at A&E getting it stitched up. The doc said I lost almost a litre of blood and have partially cut the tendon, though it should all heal eventually. I'm now left with a stupid bandage on my finger.

Photo25.jpg

This morning I woke up to my friend singing ''She's a naughty girl with a bad habit, a bad habit for drugs'' which I just loved.

I remember when I first saw that I sang that and "E-E-E-E-Ecstasy" for about a months. Just love it.

Today. I reached into my fridge to put something on my toast. I found some lemon curd. It said on it "Enjoy." So I was like... Hmm. I'll try to!

So, I put my bread in the toaster, waited a couple of minutes and took it out then proceeded to spread the lemon curd on my toast. Then I realised something as I took a bite.

That "Enjoy" wasn't a suggestion. It was a fucking ORDER. So fuck yeah, I enjoyed it.