NEurope

Work is not the only issue. How easy is it for you to go shopping and bring back 2 peoples worth of shopping for 2 weeks? How about to bring a bookcase back from Ikea? Can you do that on the train?

I havent driven in about 2 weeks cause of the stupid ice (dad wont let me drive) and I miss my lil car dreadfully... and it means I cant go to / nando /'s house as often as i;d like over christmas....(he lives 20 minutes away)

a bit off the topic but I MISS MY CAR :(

Work is not the only issue. How easy is it for you to go shopping and bring back 2 peoples worth of shopping for 2 weeks? How about to bring a bookcase back from Ikea? Can you do that on the train?

You learn to adapt. There's internet shopping or making several trips (I do the latter) for food shopping. And you can bring a bookcase back on the train, it'd just be awkward. I've seen people do it. Or find other places that sell them/ask friends for lifts etc. Besides, don't you have a Kia? Can barely fit me in that! :heh:

I'm not anti-car. I just think the benefits are often outweighed by the cost/people are too dependent on them at times/it makes people lazy.

Anecdotal; we drew a map of the town at work (Game) once and each drew a circumference of where we would walk to pick up lunch. Those that drove had small circles while those that didn't...didn't.

You learn to adapt. There's internet shopping or making several trips (I do the latter) for food shopping. And you can bring a bookcase back on the train, it'd just be awkward. I've seen people do it. Or find other places that sell them/ask friends for lifts etc. Besides, don't you have a Kia? Can barely fit me in that! :heh:

I'm not anti-car. I just think the benefits are often outweighed by the cost/people are too dependent on them at times/it makes people lazy.

Anecdotal; we drew a map of the town at work (Game) once and each drew a circumference of where we would walk to pick up lunch. Those that drove had small circles while those that didn't...didn't.

I walk to work even tho I have a car?

im not layyyzyyyy :D

I used to knock driving to death. But now I love it. <3<3

I also am not driving in this weather so much. Our street is like an ice rink. Scary biscuits!!

My car needs looked at too. Its making a loud blowy tinny noise when I reverse =( My mum told me its happened before (something to do with brakes needing adjustment) but not as soon after a service (sept!) Urrrrrrgh expensive.

Adapting your life to the way of Car means that when Car is taken away, you feel like you're miles away from everything and anything. How do people do those things without a car? My family would either push the trolley full of food home, or get a taxi (for food :P) Nearly every time I go home I have to go to B&Q on the bus with my mother to help her carry a bookcase/flatpack thing home.

You have a tiny fridge/freezer as it is - without a car you'd just do more frequent, smaller bursts of shopping. Not like you go to ikea all the time, either.

Yes, this all stems from me thinking you don't come out enough.

Saving up some money atm ready for the New Years party on Thursday. As of yesterday, no-one was sure where we were definetly going. 1 mate wanted to go to the local and i wanted to go to the Severn View.

Upon asking why i wished to go their, except for having tickets to go (we don't have tickets for the local one) was because i was sick and tired of being a follower. I said i'm going to the View, up to you lot where you go. We have decided on the View for New Years.

Apart from that, i've had a chill-axing day again. Spent half the day on Creed II, unlocked 3 Assassin Tombs and have found the 4th. Also read on Wiki that Ubi are releasing 2 DLC packs for this, first comes in January.

Lets be honest, what I really like about driving is not the practicality, I don't care that I can bring all my shopping for weeks in one day instead of over smaller, time wasting journeys. Or that sliding a bookcase into a car is ridiculously easier than taking it to a train station and then paying extortionate amounts to the state to get it home. I don't care that, if I suddenly needed to go and meet a client for work, I could immediately travel directly to their house, rather than looking up bus and train routes and getting there a week on Wednesday. I don't care that I could pack up a tent into the back of my car and drive out to somewhere that's never even heard of bus stops or train stations and camp out for a week.

(Thanks to Jenna and Liz Lemon for the concept of Backdoor bragging.)

My main argument would be: I love it. I love driving. I love that I'm in control of a tonne of metal and fast moving wheels, that I can go wherever I like, whenever I liked. If I really wanted to, right now at 11.30pm, I could get in my car and drive. I could just drive, I could go all around Europe if I wanted to. I can fly along and in 30 minutes be in another city, go anywhere. I'm no boy racer but it's just damn fun to power yourself along at fantastic (legal...) speeds down a motorway and watch the scenery fly by as you take yourself to a new place. Driving beats public transport because it is awesome.

Lets be honest, what I really like about driving is not the practicality, I don't care that I can bring all my shopping for weeks in one day instead of over smaller, time wasting journeys. Or that sliding a bookcase into a car is ridiculously easier than taking it to a train station and then paying extortionate amounts to the state to get it home. I don't care that, if I suddenly needed to go and meet a client for work, I could immediately travel directly to their house, rather than looking up bus and train routes and getting there a week on Wednesday. I don't care that I could pack up a tent into the back of my car and drive out to somewhere that's never even heard of bus stops or train stations and camp out for a week.

My main argument would be: I love it. I love driving. I love that I'm in control of a tonne of metal and fast moving wheels, that I can go wherever I like, whenever I liked. If I really wanted to, right now at 11.30pm, I could get in my car and drive. I could just drive, I could go all around Europe if I wanted to. I can fly along and in 30 minutes be in another city, go anywhere. I'm no boy racer but it's just damn fun to power yourself along at fantastic (legal...) speeds down a motorway and watch the scenery fly by as you take yourself to a new place. Driving beats public transport because it is awesome.

Like Matt Trakker..

maskcar1.jpg

..right?

The bottom of my computer desk feels like braille to the finger. Cave ceilings, stalactites and such, but all boogers. I stick them there while watching cut scenes and waiting for maps to load, so blame the game, not the player.

In the future Scientists will discover that my Zboard makes me 16.5% faster. And I type on it, I'm typing this on it.

And I know that when I press items then minimap then skills, it comes out FTW. And that way the message board champions know I'm a message board champion too.

Like Matt Trakker..

maskcar1.jpg

..right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Give me the MASK agents best suited to this mission:

Irving Ramar:

Arsenal Supporter and Kung Fu Master

Vehicle Code-Name:

Number 9

Iun Hockley:

Underpants-wearer and Professional Chocolate Assassin

Vehicle Code-Name:

The Magic Bus

ReZ "ReZ" McRezourceman

Oxygen Breather and Youtube Superstar

Vehicle Code-Name:

Crambert Dumpkins

Derek "EEVILMURRAY" EEVILMURRAY

Cocktail Waitress and Record Producer

Crambert Dumpkins Co-pilot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Iun
BECAUSE IT'S IN CAPITALS FOR A REASON!

Derek Eevilmurrayeevilmurray

Cocktail Waitress and Record Producer

IT'S IN CAPITALS FOR A REASON!

This is punishment for giving you a pr0 line in Band Aid though isn't it.

I wasn't even sure if that "Crambert Dumpkins" was something in M.A.S.K... I remember it, the pr0 theme and random stuff...so I searched for it.

Up until now, it could have been considered a Googlewhack. Let's see how long it'll last.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I get that,

Derek "EEVILMURRAY" EEVILMURRAY.

It's as if I don't need a nickname.

;)

[Your pants on head was VERY pr0.]

A good friend of mine's birthday, went to her house for her shindig thing, gave her my flashing U R 18 liscence plate thing she loved from my birthday as a joke pressie. Fun was had by all, met a few new people, and strangely FINALLY met someone I'd known through people/heard tell of/ chatted online to, but never met in person. She stunned, being a former L'Oreal Kids hair model.

Went into town to the clubs, but go strangely split up, and ended up with 3 of us in the club and everyone else god knows where, not answering their phones. Though we found others throughout the night, the birthday girl and her boyfriend were never found, despite them being behind us in the queue to get into said club. Hmm.

Saw people from the year below at my old school and they kept trying to make eye contact and so the "head-nod of ackowledgement" thing but I ignored them. I have no relationship with them, don't want one, and know only one of their names.

I also realised that I find clubs incredibly sad, or...down. Or something. I love the music, and how it's mixed etc, love hearing it pumped up, love the dancing, but I don't get the smiling people. I never smile whilst "dancing" except if I'm kinda chatting to someone whilst. I'm sortof...amused and intimidated by the whole affair of going to a club and what goes on. I don't understand how people can talk at a club, my voice comes from the back of my mouth or something, it feels like a mouse compared to everyone else. I find the darkness and the pulsing quite soothing and contemplative and kindof un-joyous. I was wondering how to find it more joyous.

Cars glorious cars

And I hated driving. Let's agree to disagree :D Although if I had the money/concentration to do it I'd probably like it...

Urgh work today and I'm already procrastinating. Won't be needed but hey ho, lets go piss away 10 hours of my life.

Urgh work today and I'm already procrastinating. Won't be needed but hey ho, lets go piss away 10 hours of my life.

This permits me to make one final point: My car having broken down is a reason not to go to work this morning :grin:

Honestly, I love my car, I used to hate the thought of driving, but really getting home without it was such an arse. Take for instance the fact I brought home a computer tower, a monitor, an xbox home with me, plus all my clothes.

I couldn't do that on the train and god forbid if the house gets robbed my stuff would have all gone with it, regardless of insurance its not exactly fun times! Plus carrying it on two trains, hell no. I did that once.

Yay for 2010, wanna know how I'm spending my first week? Having a wisdom tooth removed that isn't causing me pain etc.

Apprently its horrible. :sad: yay for 2010..

It's not too bad. I mean there's all those injections. One in the gum, one in the roof of your mouth, one in your tongue when the dentist misses. Then there's that time they nearly took out the wrong tooth.... Oh and all the blood... the danger of infection... the dribbling....

Heh heh heh.

I kid, I kid, you'll be fine.

Thankyou Chris, go and die :P

Nah its not the injections that bother me, I've had too many now, I just gah, I don't see the point when its not causing problems.

Having a Sorting Stuff Out day. Going to uni, printing off another finance form (the last one was the wrong one, hooray! Another month to go), then go to two banks to sort out accounts, etc etc etc.

Going to buy some headphones because I'm pissed off not having any music.

My only argument here is that you don't come out enough because you can't drive home. I think it's great that you can have an easy life in all the ways listed above (and I do appreciate that when your car breaks, it affects you massively), but I think it's just a shame you don't come for a drink mid-week and walk/taxi/bus home like I'd have to. I think you forget how easy that can be because you've had full control of your travels with a car, and I think you can miss out on other aspects of social life if you tie yourself wholely to a car.

And I hated driving. Let's agree to disagree :D Although if I had the money/concentration to do it I'd probably like it...

To be honest though, you're not experiencing what driving really is until you pass your test, have your own car, get out on your own and discover somewhere new.

Shorty's post really summed up how I feel about driving. It's not just about being able to carry shopping etc... It's about going to new places. The feeling of freedom it gives you is just wonderful and you just don't get that with public transport in anywhere near the same way.

I also happen to live an hours walk away from the nearest bus stop which goes twice a day to the nearest small town so it DOES make day to day life easier for me!

How bored do you have to be to do that?

MOT today. I've just used the injector fluid in the carb. Now I'm gonna take it for an italian tune up.

MASK POST

That sounds like a pro MASK team. Aslong as we don't have to work with Mr Upside Down head himself, Alex Sector. Then we'll be sorted.