NEurope

Need a writer? I accept payment in booze, sexual favours, ego stroking or visa.

Maybe. I need an anecdote. I can't think of any especially good ones involving him.

Why would he need a speech at his birthday? If it were a wedding and you were bestman fair enough, but i've never heard of someone asking a mate to give a speech at a birthday

It's his 21st and it's kind of formal. The last birthday I went to was at the East India Club off Piccadilly and you had to wear a suit. Thank God this is just smart casual.

I have some weird posh friend.

I suspect when he wants is some kind of quick toast...

Whatever you do, just avoid making any self-aware "oh I had to write a speech and this is the best i could do lol" stuff. Just give a speech. Much mroe memorable that way.

Yeah, I'll make it good. Somehow.

Maybe I'll do it in limerick to distract everyone from the lack of content.

Woke up this morning with a head-cold. Damn, its annoying me a little. I'm going to try and sweat it out tonight and tomorrow, already drinking a tonne of fluid (water) and upped my vitamin c intake.

Other than that, been mostly playing on Shift. I'm upto Tier 2, unlocked all Tiers and own a Veyron.

Asking someone to do a speech about you for your birthday, isn't that a massively self indulgent ego massage? :heh:

Someone please tell me to go in the gym now, preferably with forceful words.

Asking someone to do a speech about you for your birthday, isn't that a massively self indulgent ego massage? :heh:

Someone please tell me to go in the gym now, preferably with forceful words.

Yeah, but who wouldn't want to have me talk at their party. It's an honour.

Molly, watch BSG. You know you (I) want to.

Yeah, but who wouldn't want to have me talk at their party. It's an honour.

Molly, watch BSG. You know you (I) want to.

Hehe, he's also indulging your ego! I think you should tell an embarrassing anecdote as punishment.

BSG. I didn't get chance today, but I've been insanely productive with other things. Also, you'd be an awful personal trainer Daft, you're meant to say ''Get on that cross trainer lard arse'' not ''watch some TV''. :heh:

Remember when I said that being in a relationship is great (or: Did you notice me saying that being in a relationship is great?)?

Is it a bad sign if I begin questioning that statement?

Don't get me wrong, my girlfriend is amazing. But there is one thing that annoys me like hell...I'd like to call it "fishing for compliments" but that's not exactly it.

Picture this:

She: "I will be at a friend's next saturday."

Me: "Ok."

She: "What will you do then?"

Me: "I guess I'll invite some mates and get into a videogame session."

She: "I bet you'll meet with a girl and do something bad."

Me: "Why would you think that?"

She: "Why don't you answer me? It's because you WILL meet a girl, right? You're just evading."

Me: "No, I won't and I'm not."

She: "Ah, come on..."

or:

She: "You like other girls, don't you?"

Me: "Well, I guess I do. As friends."

She: "Oh, ok..." *is pissed*

She is the jealous type and I can deal with that. But I hate it when she insinuates that I might do something I would never do...but telling her that only makes it worse.

Maybe I'm overreacting...it's my first real relationship...maybe I'm making mistakes in those conversations. I don't know...

Well, I had to post this here...Right now I don't exactly have what you might call a friend to whom you could talk to about that kind of stuff.

Edited by drahkon

Hehe, he's also indulging your ego! I think you should tell an embarrassing anecdote as punishment.

BSG. I didn't get chance today, but I've been insanely productive with other things. Also, you'd be an awful personal trainer Daft, you're meant to say ''Get on that cross trainer lard arse'' not ''watch some TV''. :heh:

He does think very highly of me. I don't really have any anecdotes with him though...just in-jokes that are funny but because they are in-jokes, just wouldn't work.

I'm leaning more and more toward doing it in limerick.

Stuff...

In those kinds of situations I think she's wanting to hear those words, that she's the only one you love etc maybe? hence she's always on the pre-emptive attack... just my two cents, probably not even worth its face-value but do what you will with it. :p

Remember when I said that being in a relationship is great (or: Did you notice me saying that being in a relationship is great?)?

Is it a bad sign if I begin questioning that statement?

Don't get me wrong, my girlfriend is amazing. But there is one thing that annoys me like hell...I'd like to call it "fishing for compliments" but that's not exactly it.

Picture this:

She: "I will be at a friend's next saturday."

Me: "Ok."

She: "What will you do then?"

Me: "I guess I'll invite some mates and get into a videogame session."

She: "I bet you'll meet with a girl and do something bad."

Me: "Why would you think that?"

She: "Why don't you answer me? It's because you WILL meet a girl, right? You're just evading."

Me: "No, I won't and I'm not."

She: "Ah, come on..."

or:

She: "You like other girls, don't you?"

Me: "Well, I guess I do. As friends."

She: "Oh, ok..." *is pissed*

She is the jealous type and I can deal with that. But I hate it when she insinuates that I might do something I would never do...but telling her that only makes it worse.

Maybe I'm overreacting...it's my first real relationship...maybe I'm making mistakes in those conversations. I don't know...

Well, I had to post this here...Right now I don't exactly have what you might call a friend to whom you could talk to about that kind of stuff.

Mate, it won't hurt you to grease her with smug cutesy compliments :P "aw baby you know you're my world" and all that nonsense. The cheese is part of the fun.

*grumbles about being alone*

In those kinds of situations I think she's wanting to hear those words, that she's the only one you love etc maybe?

Well, we've been together for one month and I can't really say that I love her, if you know what I mean. That kind of love you feel when you've been together for longer than that. I can't describe it that well.

But I did tell her that she is the only one for me (about a hundred times because we had this discussion from the first week on...).

This happened right now (we're chatting):

After I've asked her: "Is is so hard for you to believe me that you are the only one?"

She answered: "Actually it is...but it's not your fault, it's just me thinking too much."

Mate, it won't hurt you to grease her with smug cutesy compliments :P "aw baby you know you're my world" and all that nonsense. The cheese is part of the fun.

That is what I've been doing all the time. Since the time we've been together I had this discussion a lot. A LOT.

Edit: Well, I did it again. Saying that she's the only one. She's my darling and that kind of stuff.

Now, it's all good again. Until next time...

Edited by drahkon

Just remind yourself that women can be incredibly fickle and annoying creatures.

We can't help it our brains function differently. :laughing:

Just sounds like your girlfriend is very insecure about herself, and thus maybe feels like she's not good enough for you and is afraid you'll run off with someone else.

A lot of girls (me included) often over-think things and come to weird conclusions and all that. =P

Dump that girl, she's insane.

In the membrane.

Edited by Wesley

*Has a meal in towns best Indian Restaurant*

*Gets bill and is informed of 50% off bills until 31st Oct*

*Has a whynz-phit*

*Saag Aloo FTFEH.* :)

Just remind yourself that women can be incredibly fickle and annoying creatures.

A lot of girls (me included) often over-think things and come to weird conclusions and all that. =P

Read: girls are craaaazy. :heh: (lesson #34 from Scrubs)

But yeah, she sounds insecure and paranoid. Just try your best to reassure she's the one that you want (yes, lets cite Grease lyrics!)

Today I realised at one point that the two cats and I were lay on individual sofas. I've been dying to go out but don't want to risk getting any iller. Hoping to wake up tomorrow feeling better because im going stir crazy.

Friend also rang me all upset about something so speaking to another (mutual) friend and she's going to see if her nan can make this;

totoro.jpg

And we'll send it her as a surprise....and then get her nan to make two more for us :p With the promise of M&S biscuits as a thanks, all nans love M&S biscuits.

So as I mentioned before, as part of my "nobody gives a crap" season of HWYD posts, Hot Girl was working today, on my day off, with co-workers telling me yesterday they were going to try and get something happening between us. Good news is she's talking to me right now on facebook, which means she isn't totally wanting to distance herself from me. She wants me to teach her how to juggle. PHASE TWO PHASE TWO!!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS PHASE TWO?!

Phase two is remembering the first rule of learning to juggle; no clothes. They only get in the way.

I disagree with the sweet talk approach, dr4hkon. You tell people what they want to hear when you're trying to get something from them, and the more you do it the less effective it becomes. You can probably keep placating her with reassurances for the time being, but in the long term it won't do you any favours.

I'm not saying it'll be a particularly fun conversation, but if she keeps throwing accusations your way then you should brace yourself and try to get to the bottom of things. Be conscientious by all means, but point out that the things she's saying are unfair and are the one black mark on your relationship. Even if she can't help thinking such things she can at least try not to say them so often; at the moment you're the one trying to smooth things over whilst she keeps rocking the boat, which is a very one-sided effort.

Anyway, that's pretty heavy stuff. Let's go out on this: so what you're saying, jay, is that this girl wants to get her hands on your balls?

^^ thanking because you made me laugh Ashley. Not for my love of naked juggling.:heh:

Jayseven, the juggling means she wants to see you in a non-work-situation.Ask her out already. :)

Edit: *daddy longs keep climbing up my back. AH*. Oh and I went in the gym with no encouragement.

Edited by Molly

so what you're saying, jay, is that this girl wants to get her hands on your balls?

They're bright green. I'm thinking she may be less willing once she learns this fact.

Jayseven, the juggling means she wants to see you in a non-work-situation. Ask her out already. :)

no wai. I need to wait until she drops more hints, flirts more and accidentally touches my pee-pee before I ruin everything.

i got an earfull about not doing somthing my mam forgot to leave me a note telling me to do. and for not havig fast enough transport to town. and for not having enough driving expereince.

i really dont care much for living at home.

Anyways. Uni. Love it. Off to a 3d disco at the union now, whatever the hell that is...

I put out an email newsletter for a 3D disco the other day called Novak, bad robot and Wax:On were behind it. I think it was on at Leeds student Union... is that where you went?

Edited by Shorty

Edit: *daddy longs keep climbing up my back. AH*

I can assure you I've been nowhere near your back. At least not to my knowledge.

*Hopes the nickname "Daddy Longs" sticks*

My boss' daily comedy gold:

We were talking about injuries and I mentioned how I can no longer bend my wrist that well:

Boss: "Nowerdays, I can only lift my arm this high"

*Raises arm so hand is same height as shoulder*

Boss: "But when I was younger, I could lift it this high"

*Raises hand higher*

Boss: "What's this?"

*Wiggles arm like a snake*

Us: "No idea"

Boss: "I don't know either, but here comes another one"

*Wiggles arm like a snake*

He was demonstrating to Julie what size pallet to expect.

Boss: "So expect a pallet stacked with boxes this size"

*Drops box on floor to illustrate*

*Carries on with his business for a minute*

Boss: "Shit, there was a laptop in that box"

*Walks away*

*Testing Gary's voicemail* (Gary's phone is about 10 feet away from Boss' phone)

Boss (on phone): *Childish fart noise*

*Gary dials voicemail, puts it on speakerphone*

Lady voice on voicemail: *Long process to access voicemail, lots of lady robot talking*

*Loud childish fart noise*

*Whole process repeats another time*

Amazing.