Interesting By Antony Shimmin

thirtynine.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are people aware or given a warning before they are booted?

Do spammers, or worse, an official group of spammers, give the admin/mods a warning before they fill the board with nonsense?

Works both ways

People that get banned know beforehand that they are testing the patience of the mod/admins

Do spammers, or worse, an official group of spammers, give the admin/mods a warning before they fill the board with nonsense?

Works both ways

People that get banned know beforehand that they are testing the patience of the mod/admins

They filled one topic (except the new account who was the one causing most grief elsewhere). At lets be honest it was theat good for nothing spamfest "meaningless post topic", in fact. In their bravery Ant and harribo did something good for this forum, got rid of that piece of crap.

Are people aware or given a warning before they are booted?

They arent booted, they can still post as normal. It's just the user knows they've been a mong and if they do anything silly for the duration of the warning they will be banned. By it being public other posters are also aware that siad user has been a mong.

I've said it in other threads, but we've lost some real characters, Solitanze, Harribo, Ant, Hobbzinio, Dabookerman, Zelda Freak and Nintendork. In some threads there seem to be more coloured names than normal ones. I know the mods and admins and staff work very hard and for free but we don't want to strangle this place.

Not to mention all the other forumites who have left/awol/been banned in the past...

Blackbird, Sven, Gerben, Space, Fef, Athriller, appleNdiB, roadkill, schpickles, ford prefect, jim, rob, fierce link, bowser57, flameboy, falco, nintendofan, lammie, jav, android18a, android17a, sonja_hippicus, Din... just a few of the characters that once made the boards interesting - and just the ones with memorable names, and just from Gen Chit Chat too!

This forum has a cast of hundreds, and most of whom never get the recognition they deserve.

Live with it!

Various people started at 'GTFO' thing with avatars with frogs in. They went mental, insulting people and being sexist bastards. The two worst got banned, + a multi account of...someone.

They weren't insulting people or being sexist. Just plain spamming.

Looking back on it all, top job by the admins, I hope the forum will start to get better now.

Not to mention all the other forumites who have left/awol/been banned in the past...

Blackbird, Sven, Gerben, Space, Fef, Athriller, appleNdiB, roadkill, schpickles, ford prefect, jim, rob, fierce link, bowser57, flameboy, falco, nintendofan, lammie, jav, android18a, android17a, sonja_hippicus, Din... just a few of the characters that once made the boards interesting - and just the ones with memorable names, and just from Gen Chit Chat too!

This forum has a cast of hundreds, and most of whom never get the recognition they deserve.

Live with it!

Where has flameboy gone? We should havea board graveyard with with the names of all the most famous loses!

Im still waiting for my recognition damn it!

I like you!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!