NEurope
Cube

Wii Music!

DAY ONE. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I love that guy. He's just really friendly, and I think he did the game justice. I wasn't really sure what to think of this game, but I think he sold it very well.

I'm pretty interested now.

nice presentation but I don't think I will be getting this game....

but it DOES work but .......the song choices are strange... ode to joy ? im also not liking the quality of the instruments.... I have a synth would can showcase these sounds beter...

I think it will have great potential and a sequel with much more features would work very well. At the moment though.. I smell VASTLY mixed reviews

but it DOES work but .......the song choices are strange... ode to joy ? im also not liking the quality of the instruments.... I have a synth would can showcase these sounds beter...

Considering the enourmous variations in sound, even if they could make it sound better, not that much better, it would take a looot of space. I don't see any music that can be strange in this game considering the variety of instruments it can cover every genre.

Although I won't definitely trust on reviews for this game (IGN preview proves it)...

Wii Music 1UP review A-

A review by a musician.

if anything musician would hate it more...

this isa good sign

From Gonintendo

These are listed in the instruction booklet for Wii Music…

* “Chariots of Fire†(theme) - Vangelis

* “Daydream Believer†- made famous by The Monkees

* “Every Breath You Take†- Sting

* “I’ll be There†- made famous by The Jackson 5

* “I’ve Never Been to Me†- made famous by Charlene

* “Material Girl†- Madonna

* “Please Mr. Postman†- made famous by The Marvellettes

* “September†- Earth, Wind & Fire

* “Suriyakiâ€- Kyu Sakamoto*

* “The Loco-Motion†- made famous by Little Eva

* “Woman†- John Lennon

* “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go†- George Michael

* “Jingle Bell Rock†- made famous by by Bobby Helms

* “Do-Re-Mi†- Rogers and Hammerstein (from The Sound of Music)

My girlfriend saw the JC presentation yesterday, and she's desperate to get the game now. I have to admit, it's even got me interested, which I never thought would happen.

nice presentation but I don't think I will be getting this game....

I think it will have great potential and a sequel with much more features would work very well. At the moment though.. I smell VASTLY mixed reviews

You used to have the EU flag on your sig, you should LOVE Ode to Joy.

Also the concept of this game is largely different from that of a synthesizer. Maybe it can do a better sound but you certainly can't do the gestures.

I'm very intrigued now. Will defintley buy if I can find it at under £20 somehow.

Also, Daydream Believer ftw!

first day japanese sales:

Wii Music - 50k

Sky Crawlers - 3k

Yuusha 2 - 35k

Culdcept DS - 35k

first day japanese sales:

Wii Music - 50k

Sky Crawlers - 3k

Yuusha 2 - 35k

Culdcept DS - 35k

Don't think 50k is what Ninty was hoping for :s

I always thought this game would be the first (relative) bomb of Nintendos mass market, mass advertised products.

Saying this I am now loving the look of this game. I'm really excited about this game and can't wait for it to come out!!!

It's the sort of software that will have huge chart legs. Just watch, it will match Wii Play figures after a couple of years.

Which is a shame really, because that means we won't see it hugely discounted, and I may have just gone ahead and bought it if it was ridiculously cheap.

It's an interesting concept, but I don't think I'd have fun with it for more than a few days. The lack of any good licensed music doesn't help either.

I always thought this game would be the first (relative) bomb of Nintendos mass market, mass advertised products.

To be fair, the Japanese adverts were awful. Come Halloween, Nintendo will most likely start their Christmas marketing blitz - I think the timing's right for most culture/gadget programs to get the word out and for word-of-mouth advertising to take place, this will probably be 2008's Mario & Sonic (saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if Sega began their own blitz to sell the game to the 3 people in the UK that don't already have it.

It's the sort of software that will have huge chart legs. Just watch, it will match Wii Play figures after a couple of years.

Which is a shame really, because that means we won't see it hugely discounted, and I may have just gone ahead and bought it if it was ridiculously cheap.

Not a chance. Wii Play will still outsell this in its first month. I'm not saying it wont have long legs, i think it will, but it wont come close to matching Wii Play

IGN Review - 5.0

Closing Comments

I wouldn't qualify Wii Music as an abysmal failure. The truth is, I like some of the concepts powering the game. The ability to dynamically alter music using a variety of instruments. The fact that you can layer together different songs and really create your own style. And the integration of Mii avatars, not to mention WiiConnect24 support, definitely add further polish to the fun and simple presentation. I think for all of the above reasons, kids may really latch onto Nintendo's latest effort (although I feel a little sorry for parents who must endure the cacophony of noises coming from their child's bedroom).

That said, I think most adults will quickly recognize that Wii Music is little more than a noise maker tied to a series of gestures and grow bored of the experience in a matter of hours, if not minutes. The controls aren't particularly intuitive , but gimmicky, and the selection of music is fundamentally flawed with both dated public domain songs rendered in equally dated MIDI. That Guitar Hero World Tour's complementary modes -- namely Mii Freestyle and advanced studio -- completely obliterate the entire Wii Music package is proof just how much Nintendo's game either doesn't do or doesn't do well.

6.0 Presentation

Polished interface and music video backdrops, Mii integration and WiiConnect24 support. List of songs is awful. MIDI renditions even worse.

5.0 Graphics

Similar to Wii Sports, Wii Music rocks a style so simple that it borders on barren, but it's also very clean and fluid.

4.0 Sound

Ugh. Really disappointing. A soundtrack fit for an elevator, all rendered in archaic MIDI. The entire track list could fit easily on an N64 cartridge.

5.0 Gameplay

Gimmicky. At times, seemingly pointless. Kids will love making noise, but everyone else will grow bored with the experience shortly after it begins.

5.0 Lasting Appeal

60 instruments and just as many songs, not to mention the ability to trade renditions with friends. There's even a four-player jam mode. It's all there, but the core package just isn't that fun.

Meh OVERALL

(out of 10 / not an average)

First time I completely realised Matt is an asshole. Didn't he ear himself play? it was the equivalent of hanging the wiimote on a tree and let the wind play it.

By Matt Cassamassina

I'll wait for more reviews, he's had it in for Wii Music from the start. The preview video yesterday was bad enough, he's completely missed the point of the game.

Cue legion of Matt fans baying for my blood.

The "game" has a point?

the same point as rock star or guitar heroes ie messing about fun.