NEurope
Cube

Wii Music!

Jesus, they're not forcing you to buy the game, and they also made it clear that it's mainly intended for the expanded audience. They're also not forcing you to make the fricking dog bark.

I think we've gotten to the point where we should create some sort of in-joke where someone posts something very large and loudly whenever hiyaz uses some sort of ridiculous hyperbole.

But yes, some of you people I can imagine standing on a pavement for an hour, pointing at a piece of litter and shouting at it. Is this game causing anyone any physical harm by existing?

i'm sorry. i'm just finding it really hard to see how Nintendo, the company that made Mario Bros. 3, Super Metroid, Ocarina of Time and many other classics, have managed to create THIS.

And we're judging this on Japanese advertisements? I haven't played this, neither have you - for all I know it could be crap, but at least keep an open mind until you get to have a go or see a few reviews.

Mario Paint had dog sound in the game.

Also no one moaned about rock band and guitar heros using plastic guitar playing with with five colored buttons

Mario Paint had dog sound in the game.

Also no one moaned about rock band and guitar heros using plastic guitar playing with with five colored buttons

TBF, GH/RB had a proper goal in them. I think Wii music is great for what it is. We still have to remember Nintendo has to keep the stock holders happy. Something like this will sell really well. Perhaps we should be happy that (from what it seems like) not as many resources have gone into this as other Nintendo games. Perhaps that means more resources can be used in hardcore games.

We still have to remember Nintendo has to keep the stock holders happy.

Doesn't Nintendo hold the vast majority of its own stock? I'm sure either late in Yamauchi's reign or early Iwata's the company was buying its stock back to hold back any hostile takeover bids.

Doesn't Nintendo hold the vast majority of its own stock? I'm sure either late in Yamauchi's reign or early Iwata's the company was buying its stock back to hold back any hostile takeover bids.

Wasn't that last year? I remember everyone being disappointed at the GDC, we were all analysing everything Shigsy said to pre-empt any major announcements, but he said nothing. :heh: They intentionally didn't announce anything in order to buy back stock.

Am I missing something? Whats the wifi logo for?

Hang on, isn't it to send creations to other people?

I hope this game lets you actually be creative!

Ok then. But they're still a business and they need to make money. If they don't put that many resources into a game that will sell alot better, they'll make alot more money and then be able to put alot more resources into their hardcore games to keep fans happy incase they have a bad generation. Nintendo's fans will still buy Nintendo products and Nintendo will still be making money even in an off generation.

I think the much better although more expensive alternate for Wii Music is GH: WT. Now this game will kick any music game's (especially Rock Band's) ass...

Different style

In GT 4, you create songs in which you use Rock Instruments, you also play some musics.

In Wii Music, every song can be made or represented, i want to see on youtube videos of famous musics such as "Enter Sandman" from Metallica.

I still won't probably buy it, though, i'l leave my sister do that job, she'l want it :heh:

There's a new Iwata Asks up, this time he's inteviewing Miyamoto about Wii Music. It's a huge interview, part one alone comes in four parts!

Iwata: As I listen to you talk, I feel like Wii Music may be one of your life's work, something you’ve wanted to make for a long time.

Miyamoto: I suppose it is. That's why I'm overjoyed that it's complete. I didn't really feel this kind of joy when making other games.

Iwata: There's no need to debate on whether Wii Music is better or worse than other games, but how would you say it’s different?

Miyamoto: Let's see... To put it a way that makes me sound good, it gives me hope that I will have made a contribution to the future of music, and that makes me happy.

It may sound presumptuous to say I can have that kind of influence on music, but the game may have an influence on new musical instruments yet to be created, and from now on there may be musicians who say Wii Music was what first got them into music. I have a feeling that will be true.

Iwata: And people who have given up on music and musical instruments will come to know the joy of music through playing Wii Music.

Miyamoto: Definitely. A lot of people are afraid of playing a musical instrument. In particular, playing together with someone else can be fun, but unsettling and scary at first. Wii Music removes that fear, and players, just by imitating actually playing, quickly get a feeling for the structure of ensembles and how fun it is to jam with others. What's more, some people may be inspired to start learning a real musical instrument, and may find their appreciation of live musical performances enhanced.

Iwata: So there's a possibility that Wii Music will drastically raise players' fundamental understanding of music.

Miyamoto: That's right. I think it would be great if kindergartens and elementary schools adopted Wii Music to begin children's music education.

http://uk.wii.com/wii/en_GB/software/wii_music_interview_volume_1_1868.html

Wow, Myamoto is trying to make the world better.. through games...

He's getting crazy, a phsyco, i say...

He made the world a better place when he created Donkey Kong.

He made the world a better place when he created Donkey Kong.

...I seriously doubt I would be a person with virtue and all that humbleness if I never experienced Ocarina of Time. Seriously, from the bottom of my heart, I thank Miyamoto for all he has done.

I wish everyone had his esteem.

His smile is going to kill us all, AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

But yes, i guess Donkey Kong, Mario Bros 3, Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time made in gaming what it is today

Some new direct-feed vids:

Wii Music F-Zero vid

Love it! :love:

When they changed the sound to a classical style, made me remember that episode of the Simpsons when an orchestra play Insane in the Brain. :laughing:

I really hope the game features a lot of Nintendo tunes.

Wii Music Drum Training vid

Just can't wait to try this out, I got super addicted to the drum lessons in Rhythm Tengoku and this looks and obviously sounds even better!

Also, is that the bassline from September playing during the lesson? Me thinks it is, awesome! :yay:

This game is getting better and better

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/22064

Brilliant.

I love the Sesame Street style character design they've got going on with the NPCs in this game. :hehe:

There are some really cool new vids on the Japanese site too, check 'em out here:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/r64j/adlib/index.html

Vids 4, 5 and 6 show game play of the Super Mario Bros, Zelda and Animal Crossing themes. Firstly how they play while using the original instruments/notes, then an improvised version with different instruments.

I for one can't wait to mess with some classic Nintendo tunes, am really intrigued as to what a funk version of the Legend of Zelda theme will sound like. :awesome: