NEurope
Cube

Wii Music!

Drums (remote, nunchuck and balance board), sax-a-ma-phoooone (remote), piano, violin, guitar, tribal drum(?), orchestra, choir, note-matching mode.

Out this holiday season (again, probably US and Japan only)

Unlike button-mashing music playing its for everyone, even those who cant read music or play instruments.

Mimic movements and press buttons as you chose; you can't play the 'wrong' note, but rather you make your own music as you go.

Over 50 different instruments to play just by moving your body.

Record videos of your performances which can be used to create music videos.

More info coming soon.

Wii Music™

Format: Wii™

Launch Date: Holiday 2008

ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)

Game Type: Music

Accessories: Wii Remote™, Nunchuk™, Wii Balance Board™

Players: 1-4

Developer: Nintendo

KEY INFORMATION

Create a musical masterpiece with up to four players. Anyone can play the huge selection

of instruments in Wii Music with simple motions—like strumming and drumming.

• It’s easy to play improv jams. Musicians in your band jam by simply playing their

instruments to the beat of a song or by improvising to their heart’s content. Play

faster. Play slower. Skip a beat, or throw in 10 more. No matter what you do, Wii

Music automatically transforms your improv stylings into great music. There are

no mistakes—just playing for the pure joy of playing.

• Wii controls immerse you in the music. You can play most of the 60-plus

instruments in Wii Music using simple motions with the Wii Remote and

Nunchuk controllers. Strum to play guitar, banjo and sitar. Drum to play jazz

drums, congas and marching drums. Hammer away to play piano, vibraphone and

marimba. Unlike most music games, Wii Music doesn’t make you use complex

buttons. You only need to imitate playing the instrument.

Wii Music offers virtually endless ways to make music. You choose the song and

instruments and decide whether to blaze through a rock take on classical songs,

put a jazzy spin on folk tunes or transform Nintendo classics like the Super Mario

Bros.® theme into Latin-flavored numbers. The song list is only a takeoff point—

it’s how you improvise with the songs that matters.

• Send your band-jam recordings to Wii Friends who have Wii Music. They’ll see

your Mii™ band members, your players’ improv styles and your instrument

selections. They can watch your recordings, or play over parts of your song, then

send their modified recording back to you. Improv jams can be sent back and

forth over WiiConnect24 and changed again and again.

Beyond the Jam:

Wii Music includes many other modes besides the main band jams, including several

musical games and an enhanced video playback mode for recorded jams.

• Play it again: Use the playback mode to see your jam recordings brought to life

with dramatic camera angles.

• Pick up the baton: Command an orchestra in the conducting game where you’ll

wave the Wii Remote controller like a conductor’s baton to lead a Mii orchestra

through orchestrated music. Make them play quickly, slowly, strongly or gently.

• Ring a bell? Play a handbells game where you’ll swing your Wii Remote and

Nunchuk controllers to play your two handbells as part of a larger ensemble.

Everyone on the team has a job to do: Play one of your notes only when the tune

demands it.

• An ear for music: Take a tone quiz that tests your musical ear by giving you

challenges, like putting note-playing Miis in order from lowest to highest pitch.

• Bang the drum: Play a virtual drum set in the drumming mode, the one mode in

Wii Music that also uses the Wii Balance Board accessory (sold with Wii Fit™).

You’ll use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers as drumsticks, and place both

feet on the Wii Balance Board—which work as virtual pedals for the bass drum

and hi-hat cymbal.

...rubbish!

A bit mental but...RUBBISH!

And... pointless.

I think this is the most negative I've ever felt about a Miyamoto product!

And for all those saying its pointless...wasn't it announced a while ago its WiiWare?

If it is then its not a bad deal. If its not I can't imagine it costs more than touch generation (£20) anyway.

Are you serious?

This is pure, unadulterated genius!

How is it? It's not a game, you don't do anything, there is no winning or failing, you just jam to a music and can add or take away notes, its a pure gimmick - "oooh, play the wiimote like this and replicate this instrumnet....."

I thought this game looked incredible.....if only it was a game......

Drumming looked great though.

Music isn't a game, so why should Wii Music be a game?

Tennis may be a game; boxing may be a game; but music?

No. Music is a form of expression. It's suppose to make you feel, idiot.

Music isn't a game, so why should Wii Music be a game?

Tennis may be a game; boxing may be a game; but music?

No. Music is a form of expression. It's suppose to make you feel, idiot.

Well said, hombre. :)

I think it sounds pretty damn interesting. Loving the incorporation of the balance board for pedals. Fucking genius.

Are you serious?

This is pure, unadulterated genius!

Not really. Did you watch Miyamoto play? The motion sencing was way off, the damn character continued playing music when he put his hands down. This shouldn't be retailed, it should be bundled with future Wii's, or maybe something you can buy with achievement coins (my idea, you have something very similar to the 360's achievements, but they equal coins you can buy downloadable content with).

It's a good idea, but the execution seems to be dirt poor.

Well said, hombre. :)

I think it sounds pretty damn interesting. Loving the incorporation of the balance board for pedals. Fucking genius.

But you can't CREATE music, you 'play' along to a song already there, you can just mildly manipulate the arrangement of that song...it's bollocks.

The only thing that looks amazing was the drums, but I wonder how you hit different drums....press buttons, all through motion? Who knows but it's the only thing that looks remotely intersting.

You know that "game" Guitar Hero 4? Thats a game, that feels like you playing music, oh, you can also create music on it. Thats what this should be.

I want to play games not mime playing a recorder.

Not really. Did you watch Miyamoto play? The motion sencing was way off, the damn character continued playing music when he put his hands down. This shouldn't be retailed, it should be bundled with future Wii's, or maybe something you can buy with achievement coins (my idea, you have something very similar to the 360's achievements, but they equal coins you can buy downloadable content with).

It's a good idea, but the execution seems to be dirt poor.

Shame its coming out tomorrow and no improvements will be made before it hits shops...

If there is a freestyle option where I can actually decide what notes I play, THEN I'll take everything back.

I mean, why can't they have an option where different buttons are different notes and just turn it into a game aswell as all the improv do what you want side to the gameplay. Why not have both?

I was skeptical about this game but after watching the video of it, I thought it was a pretty fun idea. Sure, it's not a "proper game" but I can just see myself having a laugh with this. Me and my friends are gonna think we're most awesome band in the world! Please say they bung an F-Zero track in here or something! Would love to rock out to it!

If there is a freestyle option where I can actually decide what notes I play, THEN I'll take everything back.

I mean, why can't they have an option where different buttons are different notes and just turn it into a game aswell as all the improv do what you want side to the gameplay. Why not have both?

Freestyle where you decide what notes you play is kinda the idea...its a whole freestyle game. As far as "I'd like to play E, B-, G Major...." then no, I don't think its going to do that.

Why can't the Wii remote and nunchuck with about 10 buttons imitate the note playing possibility of over fifty instruments including the piano which has 88 keys...who knows?

Shame its coming out tomorrow and no improvements will be made before it hits shops...

They didn't get it right with Wii boxing, why would this be any better? Plus, why would they show something very far from completion? I also can't see how you can get different tunes from the instruments just by holding them a certain way without having preset songs? If that's so, then this is just Guitar Hero, where you guess what you're supposed to do in each song.

^ Yeah I think he was lacking his usual energy this year, probably because he could feel the lack of enthusiasm in the crowd for his performance.

Freestyle where you decide what notes you play is kinda the idea...its a whole freestyle game. As far as "I'd like to play E, B-, G Major...." then no, I don't think its going to do that.

Why can't the Wii remote and nunchuck with about 10 buttons imitate the note playing possibility of over fifty instruments including the piano which has 88 keys...who knows?

So what the hell do you freestyle? Whatever the game decides? Brilliant!! It's like electroplankton then, you create music....yeah, great concept but the game gets boring after 10 minutes.......I worry for this....and I shake my head at the loss of what awesome potential.

From what I gather the notes are produced by the movement and button pressing combination. So perhaps with enough practice, like Electroplankton as you say, you can use it as music making software rather tha just music freestyling software.

I can make WiiMusic for free!! I'll put on some head phones, turn on my ipod, pick up a of stick and pretend to press buttons. Voila - a flute!

Or I could just bang it any old way a have drums!

Piano? No problem, Just get another stick and start flickling them.

Thats all that WiiMUsic is going to be, judging by the information so far.

I can make WiiMusic for free!! I'll put on some head phones, turn on my ipod, pick up a of stick and pretend to press buttons. Voila - a flute!

Or I could just bang it any old way a have drums!

Piano? No problem, Just get another stick and start flickling them.

Thats all that WiiMUsic is going to be, judging by the information so far.

Its not free if you have to have a iPod...

Anyway, i think this would be good with some friends.

Overall i think it doesn't look TOO bad, probably wont buy it, but i like the idea.