NEurope
Cube

Wii Music!

yo know what maase you;re right.

this is one of the worst games I have ever played... seriously.

humm, I wasn't sure but now I think I'll rent this game. No reason to not try this masterpiece everyone has been talking about :P

yo know what maase you;re right.

this is one of the worst games I have ever played... seriously.

Wrong...

This is not one of the worst games you have ever played.

Because this is not a game.

I admire it for what it is, but its not a GAME...

Got this today and I'm loving it. There's so much you can do on it! Enjoying the piano based instruments the most.

Anyone who doesn't like this game has no soul. End.

i've just rented this, and i'm decidedly unimpressed. However, willing to give it a little more time...

Is anyone able to send me their video creations to see what is possible?

i've just rented this, and i'm decidedly unimpressed. However, willing to give it a little more time...

Is anyone able to send me their video creations to see what is possible?

I'll send you some of mine.

I've given this a good go, and i'm still not impressed- sorry Mr T.

I like it in principle, the idea of it. But, ultimately, I just don't think waggle controls work for the type of game, you need a 'point' a digital click or strike to meet the requirement to keep the rhythm. Seems to me Nintendo promoting the idea of 'just shake to make music' is glossing the flaws of the game.

I've given this a good go, and i'm still not impressed- sorry Mr T.
Well at least you’ve given it a fair chance, I'm sure Mr. T appreciates that. :wink:

But, ultimately, I just don't think waggle controls work for the type of game, you need a 'point' a digital click or strike to meet the requirement to keep the rhythm.
That’s interesting because the only instrument I have issues with is the violin (ironic seeing as it requires button presses) I think it would have actually worked better using only motions.

I never had a problem with any of the instruments though as far as keeping the rhythm is concerned, the motion controls are more than responsive enough providing that you play with the right level of enthusiasm.

I remember watching a video (on Kotaku I think it was) where the sole objective was to jump on the Wii Music hate bandwagon, :rolleyes: they were getting people to play the game that were going about playing it all wrong. It was as if they’d transformed in to Mr. Burns or something and barely had enough strength to move the controllers, which obviously resulted in not being able to keep any kind of rhythm whatsoever. I felt like jumping through the screen and shouting to them "put some bloody effort in to it!" :mad:

You see that’s the main thing with Wii Music, at the end of the day you get back what you put in. If it’s played with no soul then the result is an absolute mess that’ll make ears bleed, but put some determination in and it’s possible to create truly great compositions. That’s the hook with this game though it lacks the immediate sense of gratification that gamers are so used to. It requires a certain amount of patience and work in order to reveal the hidden depth.

I suck at this game. Badly. I can't put even a simple melody together. Any tips?
Check this out:

http://uk.wii.com/wii/en_GB/software/wii_music_tutorial_2086.html?flashcontent=3

: peace:

Did you get the songs I sent you, David?

Yes, thankyou. A couple of people sent some over, so thanks to all.

What can be achieved with WiiMusic is actually rather impressive, for me, the overall experience was marred by the controls- but i can't quite make out the problem with them.

Bargain time!

I saw this for a €20, and was feeling funky!

I'm quite impressed so far. Mind, it's not worth a cent more than €20 (possibly even €15), but it's quite fun actually. But for a retailprice of €50? Just ridiculous.

Anyhoo, I'm having fun with it. Just innocent, plain fun. Nothing more, nothing less. For that price, it was worth it.

Made quite a funky version of 'Twinkle, twinkle little star'. If only the missus was here to 'appreciate' it. ;)

The controls are alright. They serve their purpose.

I've never been one to call for a Wii Music 2 (quite the contrary, actually), but I must admit, if they just go a little bit further, better sounds, better compositions, less playground, knock it up a notch... A Wii Music 2 just might well be worth it. If I'm convinced of one thing now, it's that the technology works and it's better than it sounds (no pun intended). If only nintendo put some more effort in the content...

I love Wii Music, I don't get why its so universally hated and if anyone wants to swap a few songs then drop me you wii code :D

I am quite proud of a few of my Mario Bros 'remixes'

my Wii console number is:

1129 8607 1913 5523

I love the customisation of Wii Music. Just needed more songs. More famous songs too. Everything apart from the controls felt rushed, which was a shame considering it had been a tech demo for a good few years.

IMO Wii Music represents a real missed opportunity for Nintendo to fully embrace the music genre. Still, it's a great interactive 'toy'.

StrangeCookie and bstmte - I've PMd you my Wii code if you want to trade songs - I'd love to hear what you've made!

Ive added you mike, and I shall add StrangeCookie too, my Wii Number is under my avatar :)

Sorry to bump this up, but I used this in a music lesson with my Year 5 class at school today - the children were learning about building up a piece of music's texture by adding more parts, and learning words like 'melody', 'harmony', etc. They didn't make any videos, as we mostly stayed on the screen that's divided into the six parts, to keep it simple. We also just did Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, as it was a song I knew they definitely all knew. I did show them a couple of videos I'd made at the end though :)

Wii Music Plus? :hehe:

Have to admit I'm pretty surprised by that even being a possibility after the totally frosty and unjustified reception Wii Music got. But it would be so sweet if they did the following...

• Bigger and more varied track list.
  • DLC, with as much Nintendo music as possible.
  • Add some creative control to the music videos. Camera, transitions, special effects, etc...
  • Ability to save videos to SD card for unlimited storage capacity.
  • Fix the video searching thing so it's not just at startup.
  • Have an option the check out random music vids over WFC. Or submit songs for competitions, Wii Music Channel perhaps?
  • Motion+ support. Not that I think it needs it, as the controls were perfect for me in Wii Music. But I suppose they could add some neat new aspects to certain instruments with the improved accuracy.

If a follow-up did happen, with even just a few of those enhancements I'd be there on day one for sure! :)

I would so buy Wii Music Plus if it contained even a few of your suggestions, RedShell. DLC is surely a must, though, as well as more Nintendo tracks.

I agree with everything RedShell says!

I loved Wii Music, everything about it. Making my own versions of songs was just so much fun and the only thing I hated was the track list.

I don't think it needs Motion Plus but everything else would be awesome.

I can just imagine a Wii Music Channel now, my heart has skipped a good few beats.

I actually got Wii Music towards the end of last year and was surprised by how much fun it could be alone and, in particular, with friends :hehe:

Anyway, my interest in it died down a couple of months ago and I wasn't really sure if I would bother with it again but there has been a bit of a revival with it recently :smile:

With that in mind, RedShell, darksnowman and I decided to create a video between us which I have recorded on my phone (hence the poor quality :indeed:)

Enjoy :heh: