NEurope
Cube

Wii Music!

At least you can win or loose at those though, right? :wtf:

Does that make give you more fun? Anyway you don't need to be told you lost to know it, just look at Matt playing.

This game has absolutely no appeal to me. Its nothing but mindless waggle- the very fact you can achieve something by 'hanging the remote from a tree and letting the wind play it' is a complete insult.

I actually though Casamassina was rather generous in his review.

This needs to bomb big time.

This game has absolutely no appeal to me. Its nothing but mindless waggle- the very fact you can achieve something by 'hanging the remote from a tree and letting the wind play it' is a complete insult.

Have you played it? Hardly seems fair you can judge a game saying a review was generous or not if you have yet to experience it. If you have experienced it, I apologise.

I think we may see alot of mixed reviews for this in the coming weeks, hopefully things wont turn ugly in this thread.....

But I don't think the game is about achieving something, it's about creatibg something. I was initially disgusted at what this was, but after looking at a lot of vids and thinking about it I think it will be great. The wind in the trees may be able to play one version of the song, but I can create a different version of it!

And I bet the wind can't play the bells mini game....or the drums..... or change it's playing style.... or turn the Wii on!!!! ;)

I'll wait for more reviews, he's had it in for Wii Music from the start. The preview video yesterday was bad enough, he's completely missed the point of the game.

Cue legion of Matt fans baying for my blood.

Tellyn, your blood please.

The wind can play Wii Sports too, doesn't mean he can play them good. Just like Matt.

I knew Matt hated the game, just now by that much. I'll be waiting for other reviews aswell.

The fact that Matt had a significant Bias towards it before he even had a hands on meant his journalistic integrity regarding it was negligible. Somebody else should have reviewed it

Considering the enourmous variations in sound, even if they could make it sound better, not that much better, it would take a looot of space. I don't see any music that can be strange in this game considering the variety of instruments it can cover every genre.

no it wouln't.

come on we are not talking about orchestra of the size of smash bros scale. jesus it's not even GOOD midi haha.

60 instruments wasnt it ? not VERY wide.. nope not accpeting it.

I think we may see alot of mixed reviews for this in the coming weeks, hopefully things wont turn ugly in this thread.....

oh it will i can smell it already :)

the same point as rock star or guitar heroes ie messing about fun.

no that game has a goal? complete the song with the right points.. even battle each other in 2 player..

this......doesnt

Have you played it? Hardly seems fair you can judge a game saying a review was generous or not if you have yet to experience it. If you have experienced it, I apologise.

have you SEEN THE GAME!?

jesus everything about it screams awful...

if you judge a game by looking at early JAMES BOND screens then you can sure as hell judge this from being pelted by japanese ads and trailers since e3..

graphics: bad (typical really but they're pushing it at this stage)

sound: bad ( seriously. ha)

tracks : bad( and recycled from EBA and DK games)

gameplay: to be reserved

stop giving this the benefit of the doubt. This game looks embarassing compared to guitar hero and rock band.. it REALLY does.

it WILL sell well i know it will......however.

but i will WAIT for other reviews..but i cant see gamespot etc giving it higher.

stars_3.5_v2.gif

Pros

Clean presentation; extremely user-friendly; directly targeted at young, casual audience.

Cons

The more traditional "hardcore" gaming audience will simply not care about the experience it offers.

wii.gamespy.com

no that game has a goal? complete the song with the right points.. even battle each other in 2 player..

this......doesnt

Is to give the gamer fun a good enough goal?

I just don't see the fun in waving your arms around and making jack off motions to a crappy MIDI based piece of music.

But hey, that's me...

If it's been said once, it's been said a million times, 'Waving your arms around' in any Wii title is just foolish, what game works like that? Certainly not this one.

As for MIDI, anything higher would have been impossible, so why moan?

If it's been said once, it's been said a million times, 'Waving your arms around' in any Wii title is just foolish, what game works like that? Certainly not this one.

As for MIDI, anything higher would have been impossible, so why moan?

its ancient midi... it isnt like the midi used in other games.. Its like its coming from one of those keyboards you buy your kids..

its hardly possible to at least record some orchestra samples or higher quality midi.. highly doubt all 88 piano notes are playable either..... and 60 instruments.....no

Is to give the gamer fun a good enough goal?

it;s not really the goal bit that bothers me.. i mean after all sim sity and other great games have no goal...but it just doesn't feel right this time

also worried about how the public will see this... I mean even wii sports had challenges and wii fit the goal is to lose weight or beat a high score.brian age was to beat more high scores. etc etc.

im not sure about this.. this may drive parents insane.....and be deemed uncool by most kids due to lack of licensed music etc.

mcj do you have any idea what the COMBINATIONS of 60 different instruments with all the variations and differences in pitch mena? I'm not saying it's the best quality possible, but youre exaggerating. A good explanation in NeoGaf:

Well, first of all, there are 60 songs with six tracks each, and 60 instruments you can assign to those tracks. If you wanted to use prerecorded audio tracks, you'd have to record every single possible combination, several thousand tracks. We're talking many, many GB of audio data here. But that's not even the biggest issue.

The biggest issue is that you need to be able to add/ remove/ change every single note for each track on the fly, change groove, volume, pitch and sustain for each individual note in every track. You can't really do that with prerecorded audio, because you need the individual notes.

The only thing Nintendo could have done would have been using better MIDI kits (a collection of individual, usually single note samples). But good MIDI kits can take up to several GB for a single instrument, too - and you can't stream a MIDI kit from an optical drive. The kit has to fit in RAM. You could use one kit per instrument with about 8MB per kit, but that would make the game more sluggish, as it would take several seconds to change an instrument.

God forbid completly original concepts in games, specially coming from a known inovator that pushed the games industry forward several times. Dear lord people what are you thinking? You can't lose! That's so lame! You just waggle randomly! Waggle! This game must fail! For the sake of the industry, this game can't sell, think of all the hardcore gamers starving!

This "game" is not for everyone, that's obvious, but if you can't understand its premise or the fact that some people can be interested in it, just move on. Seriously, no one will mind, just don't spout bs like "you can't lose"!

Also, who wasn't expecting that review from IGN? The idiot was saying you didn't even control velocity with the "waggle"? He's shown more than once that his graps on games is sometimes weird and he's far from unbiased.

Watch this and watch IGNs videos? Waggle randomly? Sure, if you're an idiot.

Beautiful... :heart:

I understand who never dreamed about making their own versions of songs like this, but... why would they care if others could? Like you, mcj... it doesn't score... you don't care... why keep on pointing "it doesn't score... it's pointles... bla bla bla"? Move on!!

I Love the innovation of it all :D The NES recorder is immense too! Putting out retro 8-bit chip tune remixes is going to rule!

:D :D

Beautiful... :heart:

I understand who never dreamed about making their own versions of songs like this, but... why would they care if others could? Like you, mcj... it doesn't score... you don't care... why keep on pointing "it doesn't score... it's pointles... bla bla bla"? Move on!!

i guess some will like this and some won't.

I certainly won't anyway so I guess you're right I should just move on :)

but It's not really the goal thing that bothers me... just worried how it wil fare over here... i mean japan is one story...

but It's not really the goal thing that bothers me... just worried how it wil fare over here... i mean japan is one story...

Really? Do you worry about that? Uff... I would like to have your life...