NEurope
Cube

Wii Music!

Really? Do you worry about that? Uff... I would like to have your life...

hey chill the beans.. you're beginning to sound desperate now...Sorry i'm slagging this game but If i haven't played it for being skeptical it you haven't played it for defending... and we all know at the end of the day most games are mediocre and this one is getting mixed reviews as it is...

I always stay on the cautious side until proven otherwise..that is usually until I play it.

and I was just about to leave this discussion in peace :) (for a few pages haha)

so sweetheart please try to answer back to my post and tell me why it will fare well here and us and we can have a lovely discussion :) (because obviously i don't have nightmares about the sales of nintendo games)

hey chill the beans.. you're beginning to sound desperate now...Sorry i'm slagging this game but If i haven't played it for being skeptical it you haven't played it for defending... and we all know at the end of the day most games are mediocre and this one is getting mixed reviews as it is...

I always stay on the cautious side until proven otherwise..that is usually until I play it.

and I was just about to leave this discussion in peace :) (for a few pages haha)

so sweetheart please try to answer back to my post and tell me why it will fare well here and us and we can have a lovely discussion :) (because obviously i don't have nightmares about the sales of nintendo games)

Hmm... if you want to have a "lovely discussion", don't call me "sweetheart", ok son? ;)

That said... you don't have to feel sorry for "slagging this game"... I'm not selling it. That's why I really don't care about "how it wil fare over here". If you care, it's because you don't have much to care about...

Moving on to the the lovely discussion... the way you criticize the game it's purely bashing, so I don't think you're interested in it. So, son, if you want that lovely discussion to happen, start behaving like wanting to have one, and then we'll go for it :)

Hmm... if you want to have a "lovely discussion", don't call me "sweetheart", ok son? ;)

That said... you don't have to feel sorry for "slagging this game"... I'm not selling it. That's why I really don't care about "how it wil fare over here". If you care, it's because you don't have much to care about...

Moving on to the the lovely discussion... the way you criticize the game it's purely bashing, so I don't think you're interested in it. So, son, if you want that lovely discussion to happen, start behaving like wanting to have one, and then we'll go for it :)

ok perhaps you;re right i'll try keep an open mind about this( for another ......5 pages give or take ? :)).. at least until it gains more reviews or i play( usually the latter )...

No i;m afraid i'll likely be never interested in it..

I respect it's innovativeness.(if thats even a word) but... ugh i'm iffy.. I'll leave it off until i see more..

I'm suprised Mcj Metroid: Thought you would have dug this.

I guess the title appears extremely simple for people like yourself who are traditionally 'high-end' when it comes to understanding the theory and application of music. Those that are musically minded (like myself) could see Wii Music as a bain of music too. Especially with it's late 90's midi set and almost jovial perception of what music is. (A dog in a suit for instance.)

However, as I am musically trained and feel that the world and entry into musicianship is under represented by many (and furthermore exemplified by those not wishing to just cover Wonderwall on their guitars) I feel that this title has the potential to change perceptions of music vastly. Certain instruments still have a "class" associated with them and with Wii Musics "limited" appeal (yet hidden depths - which I actually believe the title to have) I feel that this could actually bring about a lot of musical nouce and break many musical barriers down for many different age groups.

Sure, one title isn't going to change the world but I see Wii Music as a tool. A 'fun tool' in which mimicking actions of instruments and bringing musical creativity to the fore (through social interaction) to be of utmost importance.

Make of that what you will. :)

I'm suprised Mcj Metroid: Thought you would have dug this.

I guess the title appears extremely simple for people like yourself who are traditionally 'high-end' when it comes to understanding the theory and application of music. Those that are musically minded (like myself) could see Wii Music as a bain of music too. Especially with it's late 90's midi set and almost jovial perception of what music is. (A dog in a suit for instance.)

However, as I am musically trained and feel that the world and entry into musicianship is under represented by many (and furthermore exemplified by those not wishing to just cover Wonderwall on their guitars) I feel that this title has the potential to change perceptions of music vastly. Certain instruments still have a "class" associated with them and with Wii Musics "limited" appeal (yet hidden depths - which I actually believe the title to have) I feel that this could actually bring about a lot of musical nouce and break many musical barriers down for many different age groups.

Sure, one title isn't going to change the world but I see Wii Music as a tool. A 'fun tool' in which mimicking actions of instruments and bringing musical creativity to the fore (through social interaction) to be of utmost importance.

Make of that what you will. :)

hmm I suppose you have a point.. See i'm always iffy about music games.. rock band i thought was silly at first also... I kept thinking to myself "well if you are going to put so much effort into a game why not learn the real instrument"

It turned out to be great fun

Maybe this will too for me.. Although I will likely wait for more reviews...

best music game nintendo ever released was band bros :) its everything a music game should be, plus it has an in-depth score creation mode and it has a point :)

My only issue is with the playlist

There's too much crap and not enough recent stuff...even video game stuff is neglected on it

If they had more of those then it'd be a def. buy

Donkey Konga managed to get the balance right...its a shame this didnt

My only issue is with the playlist

There's too much crap and not enough recent stuff...even video game stuff is neglected on it

If they had more of those then it'd be a def. buy

Donkey Konga managed to get the balance right...its a shame this didnt

I've just been playing Donkey Konga as your post made me want to play it! :grin: I forgot how fun the game is!

Hmm.. Wii Music. Personally I like what it is trying to achieve and the style of gameplay it offers. I don't think I'll be getting it however as there are other Wii games I still need to get before this but if I had money I most definately would, it looks a blast to me. :D

Why do i love Electroplankton, but hate Wii Music?

Hmmm, Elektroplankton lets you create anything you want within the limitations of the stages and Wii Music just lets you rearrange preset songs?

Elektroplankton has a more appealing style?

You feel less stupid playing Elektroplankton then you do Wii Music?

Maybe you will love Wii Music if/when you play it!

Simple: Nintendo tried to hype Wii Music, and not Electroplankton. If they did the same with Electroplankton, it would have the same haters has Wii Music.

It looks like a game of this genre has to sell only a few thousands to be good. It has to be for a niche only. If that happens, is good. If Nintendo tries to get it mainstream, it's bad.

Maybe because you've played Electroplankton? :heh:

You can actually be creative with Elektroplankton.

Here's a suggestion: stop posting in the thread if you're just going to troll.

I haven't actually read up that much at all on Wii Music, but from what I do understand, is it not a fair point that in Electroplankton you actually created tunes whereas in Wii Music its more about trying to mimic and recreate the music on it...?

I ain't trolling and saying which one is better cos I've played neither. :heh:

I haven't actually read up that much at all on Wii Music, but from what I do understand, is it not a fair point that in Electroplankton you actually created tunes whereas in Wii Music its more about trying to mimic and recreate the music on it...?

I ain't trolling and saying which one is better cos I've played neither. :heh:

But it's not about recreating or mimicing, it's about rearranging and jamming. Watch some vids, the stuff you can do to songs, you can create an inifinte amount of versions of all the songs in the game. I'm not saying everyone will love this, but it certainly appeals to me

Don't get me wrong, I don't dispute the fun factor of Wii Music, :hehe: I just thought that it was a fair enough point about being able to make tunes from scratch in Electroplankton. :heh:

Don't get me wrong, I don't dispute the fun factor of Wii Music, :hehe: I just thought that it was a fair enough point about being able to make tunes from scratch in Electroplankton. :heh:

Making tunes, yes, but not in the traditional sense, they were more like "relaxing sequences of sounds" that you couldn't save. Great toy too, if it was marketed at the "casuals" like Wii Music it would get all the hate too.

Oh yeah sure, I said the same thing. I love Elektroplankton, I would play it more if I could actually save my creations; but it's a nice experiemntal piece of software. For me, Wii Music looks great though, me and my friends will really get into I think. It's coming out the same day as Guitar Hero World Tour which will be interesting :)

Anyone seen the vids on wiifolder.com? Him going through all 60 instruments and the recording his own version of Animal Crossing. Great vids, and makes me really excited for this game!!

Japanese sales: (13-19)

01. [WII] Wii Music (Nintendo) 92,000 / NEW

02. [NDS] Pokémon Platinum (Pokémon) 72,000 / 1,754,000

03. [PSP] Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida Or 2 (Sony) 59,000 / NEW

04. [NDS] Rhythm Tengoku Gold (Nintendo) 51,000 / 1,010,000

05. [NDS] Culdcept DS (SEGA) 50,000 / NEW

06. [PS2] Kidou Senshi Gundam 00: Gundam Meisters (Namco Bandai) 43,000 / NEW

07. [PS2] Shin Sangoku Musou 5 Special (KOEI) 27,000 / 184,000

08. [PSP] Macross Ace Frontier (Namco Bandai) 26,000 / 130,000

09. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) 18,000 / 2,740,000

10. [PS2] Super Robot Wars Z (Namco Bandai) 13,000 / 462,000

11. [WII] Daikaijuu Battle: Ultra Coliseum (Namco Bandai)

12. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

13. [NDS] Dragonball DS (Namco Bandai)

14. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven (Level 5)

15. [NDS] Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Nintendo)

16. [WII] Wii Sports (Nintendo)

17. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2 G (Capcom)

18. [PS2] Powerful Major League 3 (Konami)

19. [NDS] Kanji Brain 2 + Dictionary (IE Institute)

20. [WII] One Piece Unlimited Cruise: Episode 1 (Namco Bandai)

21. [WII] Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces (Namco Bandai)

22. [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)

23. [NDS] Taiko Drum Master 2: The Seven Island Adventure (Namco Bandai)

24. [NDS] World Destruction (SEGA)

25. [NDS] Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo)

26. [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)

27. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

28. [NDS] Intuition! (Rocket)

29. [NDS] Beautiful Letter Training DS (Nintendo)

30. [PSP] Shinobido PSP (Spike)

First 5 Weeks, Wii-series:

Wii Sports: (launched with system, 27/11/06)

Wii Play (launched with system, 27/11/06)

Wii Fit (launched on one-year anniversary, 26/11/07)

Wii Music (launched 13/10/08)

n/a

n/a

n/a

n/a

92k is not a bad first week at all for Wii Music.

It's still something that is completely unappealing to me though tbh. I also think that the game will sell, relatively of course, less well in US and Europe. I'm not so sure Westerners will stomach the awful track list given the licensed world in which we live in.

92k is not a bad first week at all for Wii Music.

It's still something that is completely unappealing to me though tbh. I also think that the game will sell, relatively of course, less well in US and Europe. I'm not so sure Westerners will stomach the awful track list given the licensed world in which we live in.

I think it'll break a million over here by Christmas. It'll be advertised like hell at the start of November until 2009, and will be seen as a cheap alternative to Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

This game is awesome. Got mine from VGP Friday afternoon and just can't stop playing it :)

Just waiting to get my capturer to show the awesome Chariots on Fire version I just made :D

Really? Get it up, get it up :)

I can't wait for this game now....changed my tune?? :D

It does not respond as well as it looks on screen, that is why the testers who were filmed did not use certain instruments, as some are simply broken. And the fact that it is all MIDI and no option to fully create own songs? Mario Paint had more options for god sake.

I'm sorry where did this info come from? Have you played it?

And it's not about creating new songs....? That way of thinking us so E3!! :)

Well, here it goes: my first two creations :)

For these videos I focused mainly on the arrangement and music itself. I completely forgot Mii's animations... I'll leave that to a second stage. Sometime some beats are off tempo, but... oh well, it's fine by now.

BTW, the video is awful and I'll upload it in the future with better quality, I just get the capture card today and I didn't get the software settings imediatelly to make the capture ok, but I simply wanted to share it now and will explore that part in the future.

Cheers :)

-> Chariots on Fire (Vangelis)

-> Animal Crossing theme