NEurope
Cube

Wii Music!

I'm gonna have to buck the list warz trend but...

Have to be honest what slight pull this game had has pretty much been diminished by this review;

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42242.html

gutted the drum mode is so poor, may have made me buy it if it was decent.

I watched the GT review there now and they make the game sound laughable. I'll check out other reviews, but I usually find Gametrailers pretty spot on with their opinions. Hmm!

I should of stuck with my first impressions on this. There is now nothing on the horizon I want coming from Nintendo. Wierd.

Punch-Out!!, Animal Crossing, Spawn Smasher, Endless Ocean 2, Red & White, Dynamic Slash, Line Attack Heroes, Another Code 2, Cosmic Walker, Magic Wand, WiiWare?

If punch-out works then yeah. Nothing else there.

Fragile

Arc Rise Fantasia

Monster Hunter 3

Valhalla Knights : Eldar Saga

Dynamic Slash

Kizuna

Dawn of the New World

No More Heroes 2

Sonic Unleashed

Sonic and the Black Night

Sin and Punishment 2

The Conduit

Mad World

Guitar Hero IV

Another Code

Fatal Frame 4

Tenchu 4

Oboro Muramasa Youtouden

Animal Crossing

Punch Out

Dead Rising

Cosmic Walker

Cursed Mountain

Klonoa

Red Steel 2, Zelda Wii, Mario Wii.

With other games yet to be announced that have to be added.

If folk want no more Wii Games for a while, then give me money.

Most not from Nintendo. Check the bit I highlighted up there ^

EDIT: You know what i'm looking at that list and there are 6 there I would consider. That's it. Crap I really am just realising how little there is I want. I'm just dissapointed.

I agree with LazyBoy. Nintendo should make a Zelda... then a Mario... then a Zelda... then a Mario... then a Zelda... then a Mario... then a Zelda... then a Mario... then a Metroid... then a Zelda... then a Mario... then a Zelda... then a Mario... then a Zelda... then a Mario... then a Zelda... then a Mario...

Stupid Nintendo for not sticking with this!

I liked the idea. They just didn't get it right. I'd love it if they came out with something new that was..well....better than the stuff I want on the 360. But they haven't. Not my fault.

Ah right, missed that bit :heh:

Wlel Nintendo have exhausted most of their franchises already so there's bound to not be too much.

Why? Why can't there be new stuff that's completely solid? i.e. 25 hours of gameplay and I keep coming back to it.

I mean where is my 1:1 swordfighting game? Where is it? Don't give me that "it wouldn't work" shit. I've had this console for what 2 years now and nothing. Waggle this, waggle that. Yeah haha very fun. I thought if anyone could prove to me that the wiimote was more than a gimmick it would be Nintendo but the best we've had so far is still wii sports.

Urgh.

Why? Why can't there be new stuff that's completely solid? i.e. 25 hours of gameplay and I keep coming back to it.

I mean where is my 1:1 swordfighting game? Where is it? Don't give me that "it wouldn't work" shit. I've had this console for what 2 years now and nothing. Waggle this, waggle that. Yeah haha very fun. I thought if anyone could prove to me that the wiimote was more than a gimmick it would be Nintendo but the best we've had so far is still wii sports.

Urgh.

Now. I could wind off many Wii titles that are out that use the Wii Remote in a non-gimmicky way, (and even if it doesn't utilise it particularly revolutionarily, a good game is a good game, isn't it?), but a) I don't want to turn this into more "list wars", and b) even if I did, above evidence would suggest you would very probably say "not interested in any of those".

Case in point:

Punch-Out!!, Animal Crossing, Spawn Smasher, Endless Ocean 2, Red & White, Dynamic Slash, Line Attack Heroes, Another Code 2, Cosmic Walker, Magic Wand, WiiWare?

If punch-out works then yeah. Nothing else there.

This very nearly made me lol. Most of that list is brand newly unveiled 1st Party titles, and the most we have on many of the games is just a couple of seconds from a montage. But there's nothing to capture interest straight away, so we'll dismiss them all for good? If I said Dynamic Slash was developed by the same team that created the cult PS2 classic Global Defence Force, would it mean anything to you? Would you care?

You can't find quality if you don't look for it.

Interestingly enough, most of the "quality" that is available on other systems are all the games that are crowbarred down gamers necks for months on end with 'flashy' CGI trailers and too much press than is healthy.

Whatever happened to the sleeper hits of the industry? The hidden gems in gaming? No, if it's not got thirty billion pounds of sub-Hollywood marketing behind it as well as "gritty realism", then the cool kids are not interested, thank you very much.

What Mr. prOdigy said, my list was mostly new IPs, not Nintendo exhausting existing ones.

Hmm... this probably isn't the best thread for this kinda discussion. Hows about bumping that Wii General Discussion thread and putting it to use and letting this simmer back down to a Wii Music thread of hate...?

While the major whining continues, I'm having loads of fun with this game ;)

My balance board arrived on Friday and I've been trying the drum mode. Once again, I have to congratulate Nintendo for their lessons! I'm a drummer and it was lovely to go through all the lessons I had in the past. I can guarantee that whomever finish all lessons in the right way can go to a real drum and play around.

In the end, I made another theme. The final result isn't one of my favourites, but I surely had fun doing it. I only make real efforts on the drum. Here it is:

So, i saw the GT review from the game.

To be honest, even though i hate this game, it seems they only showed the bad things about the game, and made it laughable on purpose.

Then again, if they didn't make so, there would be a lot of comments saying they suck and things like that.

Still, this game sucks hard, at least for me

I watched the GT review there now and they make the game sound laughable. I'll check out other reviews, but I usually find Gametrailers pretty spot on with their opinions. Hmm!

Agreed. All im waiting for now is Eurogamers review and that will possibly be the final nail in the coffin for me if they give it a bad write up.

It wasn't at all hard to predict that this game would be bad.

I mean, sure, people will be uploading original videos, showing of their 1337 skillz, but everyone else will be boored within no time at all.

While the major whining continues, I'm having loads of fun with this game ;)

My balance board arrived on Friday and I've been trying the drum mode. Once again, I have to congratulate Nintendo for their lessons! I'm a drummer and it was lovely to go through all the lessons I had in the past. I can guarantee that whomever finish all lessons in the right way can go to a real drum and play around.

In the end, I made another theme. The final result isn't one of my favourites, but I surely had fun doing it. I only make real efforts on the drum. Here it is:

1. How do you upload videos?

2. Can you use the balance board to play the drums in Jam mode? And thus, mulitplayer?

1. How do you upload videos?

2. Can you use the balance board to play the drums in Jam mode? And thus, mulitplayer?

1 - O have a capture card.

2 - Didn't try, but I think so.

Do you hook it up to your PC then?

I don't think you can, but would love it if you could so go check it out quick :)

Do you hook it up to your PC then?

I don't think you can, but would love it if you could so go check it out quick :)

Yes, I purchased the Compro Videomate C200 USB card. It's cheap and not certainly not the best that exists, but works fine for the purpose.

I'll try to check that ;)

Do you plug it into your TV, then?

No. O plug the card in the PC, unplug the composite cable from the tv, plug it to the USB card, and capture it.

With this image is easy to check how it works ;)

C200.jpg

Is that as easy as it looks? Does it work on macs?

Is the game getting boring yet? You played multiplayer?

No. O plug the card in the PC, unplug the composite cable from the tv, plug it to the USB card, and capture it.

With this image is easy to check how it works ;)

http://www.comprousa.com/en/product/c200/C200.jpg

Does it record a PAL 60 signal, Dazkarieh? I was thinking about getting a Dazzle but I've heard it can only record 50hz (or 60hz in black and white)

Do you mean that you plug in the composite cables into the device instead of the TV?

Is that as easy as it looks? Does it work on macs?

Is the game getting boring yet? You played multiplayer?

Yes, it's easy. The only thing more complicated is the software settings (it comes with Ulead), but it's a matter of trying.

It really isn't getting boring. I have around 40 hours gameplay and only wish to have more time. Didn't try multiplayer yet ;)

Does it record a PAL 60 signal, Dazkarieh? I was thinking about getting a Dazzle but I've heard it can only record 50hz (or 60hz in black and white)

From the reviews I read, the Dazzle Platinum it's better (and more expensive), but I didn't check those settings. This one record PAL 60 for sure.

Do you mean that you plug in the composite cables into the device instead of the TV?

Yes. Of course you can get a T cable to have it on both screens, or use TV Out (most TV's have it). Mine has, but I didn't have the cable and as it's just to record videos and not play, it isn't a problem.

I went to the nintendo world tour today, i saw on the new nintendo website that wii music would be there, payed 12 euro to get in, and it wasn't there. Just old games I already have. Truly disappointing!

.....I get this game in 4 days!!! I couldn't be more excited about it :D

So who's getting it? Does this game use a separate friend code or is it the Wii Code?

Everyone who's getting it needs to start friend code trading!!