NEurope
Fields

Sexy and unsexy names

People are just saying what names they think are sexy and what names they don't think are...whats wrong with that?

Thats like saying (moria) that you should still find someone attractive even if you don't think they are because they can't help how they look can they?

Or am I being mental here?

You're not being mental, you're spot on there mate. I bet they're only saying that 'cos their birds have got rubbish names.

Serious question, I've got a major dilemma on my hands here. I would love to know your thoughts.

But the point of this thread is, would you want anything long term with an Adele? I'm not so sure I would. This is the problem I'm having.

People are just saying what names they think are sexy and what names they don't think are...whats wrong with that?

Thats like saying (moria) that you should still find someone attractive even if you don't think they are because they can't help how they look can they?

You still think so?

You're not being mental, you're spot on there mate. I bet they're only saying that 'cos their birds have got rubbish names.

My girlfriend is called Kate not that it matters. Maybe you show learn to grow up. I doubt that anybody would want to be in a seriously relationship with you if that's how shallow you are. Maybe one day when you stop being so immature you'll learn that there is more to a person than their name.

You still think so?

My girlfriend is called Kate not that it matters. Maybe you show learn to grow up. I doubt that anybody would want to be in a seriously relationship with you if that's how shallow you are. Maybe one day when you stop being so immature you'll learn that there is more to a person than their name.

I never once said I wouldn't like someone because of there name. I was simply replying to how strange moria's comment sounded to me. So that doesn't make me at all immature. I would still like someone with a not very awesome name, it doesn't bother me, though a sexy name is great.

My last 2 girlfriends weren't really lookers, but I was still attracted to them.

I never once said I wouldn't like someone because of there name. I was simply replying to how strange moria's comment sounded to me. So that doesn't make me at all immature. I would still like someone with a not very awesome name, it doesn't bother me, though a sexy name is great.

You said "People are just saying what names they think are sexy and what names they don't think are...whats wrong with that?" and I was showing you that Fields wasn't just saying what names were sexy and what names weren't. And it wasn't you I was calling immature.

You said "People are just saying what names they think are sexy and what names they don't think are...whats wrong with that?" and I was showing you that Fields wasn't just saying what names were sexy and what names weren't. And it wasn't you I was calling immature.

Oh right, sorry, apologies for the mix up.

Names I think are sexy:

Channy (short for chantel)

Xander

Katie

Ashley

Only ones off the top of my head.

Oh right, sorry, apologies for the mix up.

No problem.

I think we fin a lot of names (un)sexy because of our own personal connotations with that name.

For example a lot of people will think names like Margret, Edna, Beatrice etc. are unsexy because we associate them with old people.

Similarly we might find other names sexy because of the people we associate them with, e.g. I think Rinoa is quite a sexy name. ;)

When you hear some names, you associate with older people ie: Margret, Laurel, Betrice (yes, i can't spell names for shit).

I mean, Letty's full name isn't particularly sexy (at all) but you know, she hot 'n all that.

< Is cry :(

No problem.

I think we fin a lot of names (un)sexy because of our own personal connotations with that name.

For example a lot of people will think names like Margret, Edna, Beatrice etc. are unsexy because we associate them with old people.

Similarly we might find other names sexy because of the people we associate them with, e.g. I think Rinoa is quite a sexy name. ;)

Exactly. If you have hated someone in the past who's called "josh", you're not then going to find that name sexy. And like you say, people aren't going to find there grandma's name sexy are they?

Exactly. If you have hated someone in the past who's called "josh", you're not then going to find that name sexy. And like you say, people aren't going to find there grandma's name sexy are they?

Well some people might. *cough*rooney*cough*

Chavtastic.

Never knew you were gay btw.

Aye, while both are a bit chavy I know people who are called them and they are the sweetest people you can meet.

Also, yeah gay.

AshMat is sexy. When girls use the internet name during intimacy.

"Ohh AshMat, put your optical cable in my high speed port!"

Totally agree. If you don't want to be with someone because of their name, something they can't choose, that's incredibly wrong.

They can't choose their attractiveness either.

Coolness bears has to be THE most sexiest name I've ever heard.. i mean its got Cool in it, and its got an animal in it... what more could you want!

:yay:

Also I find alice sexy... almost every alice I know I've wanted..

I don't think it's shallow or childish at all. Different things matter to different people. I want a fit bird with a fit name, not so much arsed about personality. Other people might have different criteria.

In the end it's not names. Names really are cool or uncool, more than sexy and unsexy.

I hate Shiela, Fiona, Margaret, Shona, Ruby, Joan etc. Scottish/old female names.

And I hate common names. David, Mike, John, James etc. It's like, why bother?

At least Alexander has a life as an interesting word.

Here is mine;

Dante :p

James

Sara

Emma

Jessica

Jenny

Ashley

Amy

Racheal

Here is mine;

Dante :p

James

Sara

Emma

Jessica

Jenny

Ashley

Amy

Racheal

Oh hell yeah

My name is sexy: João

I find the name Jessica sexy.

It reminds me of Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel and Jessica from DQVIII

My name is sexy: João

My name is Stephen and thats not really sexy name is it.

Chavtastic.

Never knew you were gay btw.

How could you not know that?

My name is Stephen and thats not really sexy name is it.

Nope,fraid I can't say it is :heh: