N-Europe

PC Gaming Discussion

McPhee

I can imagine TF2 on Mac working brilliantly! One button mouse Spy (no cloaking), one button mouse Medic (no uber), one button mouse Sniper (no scope), one button mouse Demoman (no sticky detonation). Excellent! Bring on the cannon fodder :p

On a serious note, hit up this server Emasher; 213.229.65.89:27015

• 3 weeks later...

Rather surprised there hasn't been any chatter around the recent Steam sale. So far I've bought L4D2, Zeno Clash and DA: Awakening, but there's still a couple of days left to go; it seems almost rude not to give Saints Row 2 a go at £2.50.

Anyone else been suckered into buying things they'll probably never get around to downloading, much less play?

I just bought Day of Defeat: Source. My Source collection is now complete! Seems a bargain at £1.75.

Not bothering with anything else though. Got a good 100GB+ of games on my account from previous sales that I've not downloaded yet. They may be bargains, but they aren't if I never play em.

Would love to play Beat Hazard with a 360 controller, but mine is wireless. Bah! I bought Bad Rats for 66p after playing the demo. Completed about 15 of the levels and probably won't touch it again but for 66p, you can't complain.

I have £20 in my PayPal just itching to be spent but I don't know what to buy. There's so many awesome deals..the indie pack with Plain Sight/Blueberry Garden etc was really tempting me.

Shit yes it is. It makes playing TF2 impossible due to the flood of Engineers but it's quite funny to play as a Spy right now. So many sappers! :D

I noticed you were online last night playing TF2 right as the #100th wrench dropped. I got killed by someone with a Golden Wrench last night which was awesome - Mastrix with GW #18 or something :D Have you seen one in the wild at all?

Nah, not seen a golden wrench yet. Play on the same server most of the time though so it's unlikely.

Looking forward to the novelty wearing off now. Play Engie a lot so it's kinda irritating at the moment, most games I put up a dispenser at the start and then every single other Engineer on my team proceeds to steal metal out of it because they're all desperately trying to build their own sentries, all in a cluster. Round starts, we have a level one dispenser built and about a trillion level one sentries (which sucks, big time). I've taken to abusing admin privileges and burning/drugging/freezing the fools, they get the message quick (or they leave, either one).

Most engies are absolute morons. Sure 3 SGs right next to each other can shoot a lot of bullets, but one demo who isn't a moron will blow all 3 up with ease. Depending on the level of the SG and RL/DH a soldier can do the same easily and even a heavy or pyro with lvl 1's (or a good heavy medic combo).

The engie update has just been hilarious.

People popping out mini-sentries like they are normal sentries and putting sentries in very open location just so they can control them and pretend that they are heavies.

The amount of times that I have randomly destroyed a sentry with a rocket is just silly.

Good fun though.

• 3 weeks later...
Is there anything on Steam that my Samsung NC10 Netbook could run? I have Plants vs Zombies and Peggle. Maybe an old RPG or summat that I can get into?

Old RPG? Why yes, Fallout 1 and Fallout 2.

Possibly Torchlight (Diablo clone).

Morrowind would probably push unplayable.

Sacrifice would likely run...it's like an RPG RTS Action Adventure Hybrid. Fun and hard.

Is there anything on Steam that my Samsung NC10 Netbook could run? I have Plants vs Zombies and Peggle. Maybe an old RPG or summat that I can get into?

If you're into point & click adventures, check out the Lucas arts stuff for example. I still need to download The Dig.

You might want to look into some of the older valve games. You should be able to run most of those.