Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PC Gaming Discussion

McPhee

The Steam Deck really intreagues me no end.I was already thinking i wanted a new PC to play games, but i just didn't see the point as such in connecting it to the same TV my PS5 is on,as 9 out of 10 times i could get the same game for PS5. That and i didn'tknow where to begin due to graphics cards prices.

Then along comes what looks like a Switch clone that i can keep on steam OS or put on windows and run my expansive Steam library on and when the mood takes buy games for that. the fact i can dock it with a TV or the monitor i have from work for home working means its the ideal solution for now, until i want a PC build.

I don't see it as a direct competitor to the Switch in the short term, but should it work and should it prove to be a good option, i can see anyone who wanted a switch pro buying one, and realistically its 2022 before we get an actual switch pro. Hell the money i was going to spend on a Switch OLED will cover this, so Nintendo already lost a sale and it seems i'm not an isolated case.

Maybe it will make help nitnendo, they don't want to get too confortable with that handheld monopoly

• Thanks 1

So i'm thinknig about building a PC. However my desk is a piece of crappy plywood that would snap like a toothpick if i sat a case on it. All the desks i'm seeing on amazon or argos or wherever have the case at your feet, off to the side and I don't want that. I've got a glass pannle on there so i want to see it. I want to put my case on the desk but i see these max load weights of 30kg and 40kg.

I just need someone to reccomend a good strong desk. One that I can sit a mid-tower on.

2 hours ago, martinist said:

So i'm thinknig about building a PC. However my desk is a piece of crappy plywood that would snap like a toothpick if i sat a case on it. All the desks i'm seeing on amazon or argos or wherever have the case at your feet, off to the side and I don't want that. I've got a glass pannle on there so i want to see it. I want to put my case on the desk but i see these max load weights of 30kg and 40kg.

I just need someone to reccomend a good strong desk. One that I can sit a mid-tower on.

Just get a simple desk from Ikea (not too simple). The ones you can customize.

12 hours ago, euroninfan said:

@martinisti am  working on a budget build for around 700 euro, what graphics card are you getting ?

I'm reusing an Nvidia GTX Titan Black I have in an old tower. The prices of GPU's would have put the price up around £800 - £1K ish

6D3soDg.jpg

This is what I have so far, there are two 140 fans stacked on top of each other. YODEL is delivering the rest of it. >_>

UPDATE: case just arrived

QpoZqW2.jpg

Edited by martinist

i'm basicly following this. My motherboard is different, as well as the ram, SSD's  and the power supply. Got all the parts i could from it so i can try and follow along once i start building it. Guy breakes down the parts he's using at the start.

Edited by martinist
  • Like 1